Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Smile RICA - BHP/torque curves?

Has anyone got a graph showing the BHP/torque curves for an un-modded 850 T5 engine? - and if possible I'd like to compare them against the full RICA BHP/torque curves (if that's available too).

Also, RICA claims to increase mpg - do you RICA'd folks find that to be generally, or just when motoring at a constant speed?

I like the std torque that seems to kick in just over 2000 rpm, and was wondering where in the rev range the extra RICA power & torque comes in.

Cheers chaps (and lady).

Fun in the twisties!
    We take the "be polite" rule very seriously!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Goof,
    For the std & mod torque curves, please see our Dutch website www.rica.nl click on chiptuning and follow the drop downs. I think you will be pleasantly suprised the extra power and torque is everywhere !

Hamish,
    Chiptuning Ltd

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks Hamish - just what I wanted!

Fun in the twisties!
    We take the "be polite" rule very seriously!

Casual poster 15 years on!
    Thanks
    MPG will never be great as it is a large powerful heavy car. However relative to the power it is pretty good. The Auto's do 18 - 25, i think the mans may do 20-27/28. I know my average is 23, so a man may do a healthy 26. However i have never had the patience to drive economically, so not sure what it is capeable of ?!?!

I have been unfaithful to
    Volvo twice since joining this
    forum but it's only for more
    than 5 pots nuf said
    Thanks
    My best MPG with Rica was 32.5mpg on a run in summer to Norfolk.
    Although I have done 42mpg at 56mph on the cruise control behind a lorry for 10 miles but its bloody boring.
    I managed 28.5 on a run to scotland over 800 miles in totals , took my time though, previous trips have seen the economy at 24.5 but thats doing a ton when possible and sometimes more.
    My trip computer rareley drops below 21 mpg but I have had into the teens when working her really hard.
    I think the MPG gains with Ricca are realatively small aprox 1/2-1.5mpg , so it may eventually pay for itself but I know I will never notice.
    2004 V50 T5 SE

Thread Information