Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

850 vs type r lucky escape

Been out collecting interiors, so had 6 front seats in the car, so a little weight.
    Any how on way home just outside Cambridge had a giggle with an old shape type r.

We were either side by side or following each other up to around 80 from slip road speeds. Totally blitzed type r not a problem on pick up When I was following him I has to back off or push Him along.

Then we were set upon by a fr Leon new shape, but the driver was a bit of an idiot so i slowed to normal 60, whilst Leon driver was weaving undertaking In heavy traffic, being a real knob, then an undercover Lexus came flying past after the Leon

Lexus didn't seem that fast actually, was a time when all you had to look out for was white Volvos, not understated blue lexi
    Last edited by dalhousie2008; Thursday 1st March 2012 at 21:41. Reason: You meant 120km/h I'm sure

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Mate, change the location(private road) or the speed of your post, its a public forum and yes we have traffic police as member's.

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    I presume you mean Kilometers per hour in your post ?

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

4. The Following User Says Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post:

Jamest5r (Thursday 1st March 2012)

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Having been in his car, I can say the kmh, is more prominent than the mph.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Sorry guys, mis typed there abit, bloody spell check

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    If you choose to race other road users - then quite frankly I'd rather not know - nor do I condone it.

Be safe out there peeps.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wobbly Dave For This Useful Post:

Pinup_gal (Friday 2nd March 2012)

This user has no status

Thanks
    i don't understand ! are you guys saying somebody could get done for speeding just from what they've put on a forum ?

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sTe-5R View Post
    i don't understand ! are you guys saying somebody could get done for speeding just from what they've put on a forum ?
    YES! or used against you in court for another offence as evidence of a propensity for excessive speed etc...

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Begs the question, why bother reading in the first place? Wobbly

This user has no status

Thanks
    i don't believe it ! surely you can't get done for speeding just for writing a post on a forum !

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
    YES! or used against you in court for another offence as evidence of a propensity for excessive speed etc...
    Easier than nicking drugdealers and criminals like that I suppose.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsford G For This Useful Post:

t5_monkey (Friday 2nd March 2012)

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    I've heard alot of people being prosecuted via you tube, racing around filming eachother. The worst was a chap who filmed racing another car, the other driver didnt know he was being filmed. then he got prosecuted, as his number plate was in the film

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dalhousie2008 View Post
    I've heard alot of people being prosecuted via you tube, racing around filming eachother. The worst was a chap who filmed racing another car, the other driver didnt know he was being filmed. then he got prosecuted, as his number plate was in the film
    Total bs.I don`t think they can do it `cos no evidence of a calibrated and approved device has monitored the speed.Ok the car that was filming was showing 120mp/h if u fit much smaller rims and tyres u can have 120 on the clock and actual speed 75mp/h.

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    I take your meaning and yes you right but if you pleaded guilty then that wouldnt be debated in court. As it happens mine quite accurate being ex plod

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...iction658.html

A 19-year-old man from a Toronto suburb has pleaded guilty to careless driving after boasting online that he drove 100 kilometres an hour over the speed limit on a residential street.

Boasting online
    A driver boasts about going 140 km/h on a road with a 40 km/h speed limit. Read the full post.

Vladimir Rigenco was banned from driving for six months and sentenced to 12 months probation after entering his plea Aug. 5, York Regional Police said in a statement released Tuesday.

York police were approached April 9 by an American man, who informed them of a post made on an online car forum in which Rigenco described how he drove his 2006 BMW M5S in excess of 100 km/h over the speed limit on Apple Blossom Drive in Vaughan, just north of Toronto.

According to the police release, several of those who follow the BMW 5 Series forum "lambasted" him and "proved themselves responsible by not encouraging the suspect's behaviour."

Police investigated the case and arrested Rigenco on April 16 and charged him with careless driving.

As part of his sentence, Rigenco also has to complete a remedial driving course and pay a $1,000 fine.

Original post:

The title says it all basically. Anyways, yesterday I was going back home during the day time after the GYM, and when I hit the street next to my house " Appleblosom dr" the zone there is 40 km/h, as soon as I turn into that street, I stopped the car, pressed the (M) button, DSC off, max short shift, and take off 1st gear ( 8000 RPM, switch) and so on... I hit 140 in like 6 or less seconds lol, some old guy was standing on the sidewalk tlaking to another guy, he had a pencil and a paper, he decides to run into my car to stop me, but I was too fast. Do you think he could tka emy liscence number ? lol I think I was too fast, I really doubt that. Though, I gotta admit, I cant stop racing with this car, beleive it or not, I killed a black E63 AMG Last week on Dufferin street. It was almost equal but in the end I had more power.

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dalhousie2008 View Post
    I take your meaning and yes you right but if you pleaded guilty then that wouldnt be debated in court. As it happens mine quite accurate being ex plod
    Its not the speed that kills it`s a combination of stupidity and wrong place that is dangerous.Common sence is what u need.I`ve seen cars pushing in between my car and a bike,thats at 5mp/h over limit but they could kill the biker.Oh and more ppl die from the affect of alcohol and drugs-how about that?

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    I did see something where a video had been posted on line, showing the car and owner and then showing him speeding down a dual carriage way.

The police used the road signs to find out where it happend and then used the distance between road side objects, and the time it took the driver to travel between them to work out his speed.

The hard part is finding out where the incident occured, working out how fast he was travelling is just simple maths.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    I don`t approve ppl driving stupid in public roads.If u wanna kill yourself don`t make others th suffer.I`m having 5th week off work wiv bad back from a car accident,30mp/h road side impact that done me well.

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    I don't usually speed, plus it clear when me and civic were having a giggle, I / we slowed when idiot in seat was just being a dangerous idiot.

Lawnmower Boy
    Now known as WAPAHO!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 1,162 Posts
    UK conviction for reference

It is quite funny that this has happened, but at the same time it is quite worrying. I drive and I drive fast.... And I have the points to show for it..

Current Garage:
    1997 960 3.0L 24v - Polestar...(Honest guv..!!)
    1997 855 T5 S - stripped to 1300kgs gross weight - 14.2sec qtr(rank 17*)
    2001 V40 T4 SE - 14.199@100.15MPH - Hybrid Turbo/VXR injectors and DeCat(Rank 15*)
    *Data Sept 2013
    Any Stuff For Sale - check out my Ebay link

Thread Information