Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redbrick View Post
    monroe do replacement r shocks for reasonable money but i'm told they have to be bought in pairs.
    correct!!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Why did you replace it if you "don't think anything was wrong with your old one"?
    Surely you replaced it because you read the codes on the car and it came up with a fault saying MAF blah, blah, blah. Therefore indicating the the MAF was not working correctly!! If it didn't have a fault logged with reference to the MAF then you didn't need to replace your MAF. Which would indicate a fault else where on the car.
    You know the reason for this was my AMS, even with the new MAF on it throws the MAF code, with the AMS off its doesnt flag a code.
    Thanks
    Martyn

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    My clutch was replaced at 82k in June 2006. Back then the replacement parts otalled £1733 inc VAT (at 17.5%). This included consentric slave cylinder, DMF, clutch assembly, flywheel bolts, 2 litres of gear oil, 1 litre of brake fluid, release bearing assembly.

As you can see from the list of parts the job was done properly and it is now on 122k and running fine. I would allow at least £1700 for a clutch job at todays prices inc the 20% VAT.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    You know the reason for this was my AMS, even with the new MAF on it throws the MAF code, with the AMS off its doesnt flag a code.
    Mate i'm certain your missing something or overlooking something. You also know i have exactly the same AMS and the same BSR remap. I too replaced my MAF in the summer before the AMS was fitted as the car had MAF faults. It since runs silky smooth and drives superb and for the record, fitting the AMS has made no difference what so ever.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The highest reading from the MAF (WOT and max RPM) should be about 80% of engine bhp.
    If this reading is unacceptably less than 80% of bhp that means response from the MAF isn't correct.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterC1501 View Post
    Yo chaps (& ladies of course!)

Looking to a possible return to a V70R, but this time from 2003 onwards model. I need to make a decision of head over heart to see if I can afford the upkeep.

So, if you have, or still own a series 2 V70R AWD, MY2003 onwards, what has it cost you in ownership?

A) consumable parts - brake discs/pads, servicing, etc
    B) costs for breakdown - unforeseen expenses due to mechanical/electrical failure, etc
    I too had trouble free motoring with my classic R for 4 years and if you asked me do i regret getting rid, the answer would be yes. However, if you asked me if i regret getting my latest R then the answer would always be NO, NEVER!!!! Its by far the best car i've ever owned. Yes it has it niggles, but then what do you expect when the car is so much more loaded than the classics were. Running costs will always be debateable and we could talk about them till the cows come home. You just gotta find a good car with not too high mileage, as few owners as possible and with lots of history. Do the deal and drive home with yer new wheels.

Pads cost £100 a box. Discs are £100 each. ONLY buy OE with the brakes else you'll have issues. The oe brakes are the nuts and tried and tested...they work, very well.

Routine servicing....do it yourself then you'll save a fortune.

Any adjustments to the suspension, bushes replaced, shocks replaced then you must always have the Headlamps recalibrated to the SUM. They have a habit of moving out of calibration after any works done, inc relaceing the bulbs as i just found out!! Its only £28 for headlamp alignment and SUM calibration so swallow it.

Ensure the car has the latest updates to ECM and SUM. Then you really will notice the difference.

Proper 4 wheel alignment is essential and for the record, these cars are very kind on tyres (due to the AWD) and crap turning circle.

Headlamp wiper blades are £10 each. windscreen wipers are £26 a pair from the dealer. Rear door badges cost a small fortune, about £15 each.

Exhaust manifold will be leaking so have all the bolts tightened - makes a huge difference to running and the sound. Underbelly alloy tray is a must!!!

Rear drop links and front links wear easily but oe will last 60k.

The list goes on....You just gotta treat with respect and drive carefully. Avoid potholes at your peril!!!!! Crawl over speed bumps. else you'll wreck the suspension.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

MisterC1501 (Saturday 19th May 2012)

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Mate i'm certain your missing something or overlooking something. You also know i have exactly the same AMS and the same BSR remap. I too replaced my MAF in the summer before the AMS was fitted as the car had MAF faults. It since runs silky smooth and drives superb and for the record, fitting the AMS has made no difference what so ever.
    I know there must be somthing wrong, but will look at it after the summer, ive read so much about them and have seen lots of different info, will get it going though
    Thanks
    Martyn

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    I know there must be somthing wrong, but will look at it after the summer, ive read so much about them and have seen lots of different info, will get it going though
    Good man!

Thread Information