Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Ignition switch wiring issues

Hello all

The key-spinning-360-degress syndrome started to happen on my S70 so I ordered a new ignition barrel. I was fitting it on saturday and when removing the ignition switch the wiring inside the black plastic cover seems to have just collapsed from age.

I've taken the black top off and a few of the solder joints are broken and I have no idea which wire goes to where!? I've put a few back in with trial and error and can now start and drive the car, but it wont start every time, its fires then stalls, then next time is fine. Also when I turn the ignition off the car keeps running until i pull the key out!

I'm going to replace the ignition switch because I've already got the covers off, but what I need is a picture of all the pins on the back (under the black pastic) with the right wires in the right place..

HELP!

This user has no status

Thanks
    I've cured the intermittent starting. Read about the common issue with the immobiliser ring around the keyhole and cleaned the connectors so it starts every time now.

Ordered a new ignition switch but still need to know the wiring as I've had a look at wiring diagrams here
    http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/volvo-wiring-diagrams
    and though the colours match up, mine are all in totally the wrong places!

I hope some kind soul could pop the top off their ignition switch and take a picture..
    Last edited by mattface; Monday 20th February 2012 at 15:41. Reason: more info

Just cant keep away from the
    Ovlovs lol
    Thanks

need any more pics just ask
    Back with a 1997 S70 T5 SE

This user has no status

Thanks
    Much appreciated but I managed to find exactly what I was after on another site:

Seems I've got a couple of wires to swap over and I should be set, though I'll try the new ignition switch first.

I still can't get over having parts posted from Swansea is cheaper than my local dealer!

Thread Information