Join Today
    Volvo sucks....... lots of air
    Thanks

800 Engines into S Series (ME7)

Looking at the inherent problems (ETM, Drive shafts, autoboxes, electronics) of the S60/80/XC, can we dump in the 850-T5/T5R engine (incl wiring, ECU) into the shell of the newer models ?

The hardest would be making the engine sit on the sub-frame and also the length of the drive shafts which is shorter on the 850. I dont see any problems with the electrical/electronic system.

Has this been done ?

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,019 Times in 4,070 Posts
    the sumps are different, & the heads very different so basically only the block is really the only transferable if your looking for a straight swop

3. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

glock19 (Monday 20th February 2012)

Thanks
    I'm practically interested in a complete engine transplant, using the old M4.3 system into the ME7 shell. The ME7 drive shafts are a regular replacement item and they aren't cheap, not to mention the problematic AW55-50 tip-tronic box.

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,019 Times in 4,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glock19 View Post
    I'm practically interested in a complete engine transplant, using the old M4.3 system into the ME7 shell. The ME7 drive shafts are a regular replacement item and they aren't cheap, not to mention the problematic AW55-50 tip-tronic box.
    sorry but i don't think its possible. The electrics on a P2 are all interlinked to the CEM (central electric module) so even basic things like the heater won't work without swopping to the mechanical controls from a P1. Also as the P2's have a wider wheelbase you'll still need to use the longer driveshafts or they'll sit too far into the arches

Thanks
    I thought so with the wheelbase. That's my main concern. Other electrical stuff is not a problem for me. I'm able ditch the ECM, REM, CEM, UEM, PDM, TCM, DDM, STC, etc in favour of the M4.3/4.4 when and if, it comes to it.

Thread Information