Join Today

Thread: Any idea's ?

This user has no status
    Thanks

Any idea's ?

I've recently had a dead battery along with that my clocks stopping working then the engine electrical fault light come on? I've replaced battery and clocks with the hope that the light would go off but it's not and car fan still comes on when ignition is turned on along with runing lumpy for about 3 minutes still, I've had the car hooked up on code reader but no faults showing on two different readers?? Could this be IAC valve? MAF? Or ECU problem any ideas peeps cheers

happy
    Thanks
    I know from when ive played with my MAF, when you unplug it, the fans kick in, dont know if this is any help at all..
    Old Cars: Mazda6, Laguna 2.2, S40 T4, Passat 1.8t, Celica GT4, Legacy GTB, Golf VR6, S70 2.5t, C70 T5
    Current Car:850t5

Blah Blah Blah!
    Thanks
    Have you tried wriggling the ignition key while the car is running? the switch at the back of the barrel wears, and gives all sorts of electrical fun!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pault5estate View Post
    Have you tried wriggling the ignition key while the car is running? the switch at the back of the barrel wears, and gives all sorts of electrical fun!
    I've had all the ignition checked all appears fine. When I unplugged the maf the car just died and cut out?

VPCUK reigning car of the year
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,777 Times in 1,607 Posts
    I'm not saying that this is your problem but, I had a similar problem with my 850, after lots or money thrown at it, it turned out to be a faulty ECU, do you have anyone you could borrow one off and try.

happy
    Thanks
    Im sure somebody has an 850 advertised as breaking on here
    Old Cars: Mazda6, Laguna 2.2, S40 T4, Passat 1.8t, Celica GT4, Legacy GTB, Golf VR6, S70 2.5t, C70 T5
    Current Car:850t5

the true nut job
    Thanks
    my fans came on when the temp senser went down and run lumpy then stop...replaced temp senser and its ok now mate..
    who puts 300bhp in a volvo.....DONT MIND MY SMILE, THE VOICES IN MY HEAD ARE JUST TELLING DIRTY JOKES........v70R...hids..black mesh grill...17 inch R alloys..groved and drilled front and rear disc..lots bling..,k-n filter..yamaha R1-98 with nos..touring bike honda varadero xl 1000...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealevo View Post
    I'm not saying that this is your problem but, I had a similar problem with my 850, after lots or money thrown at it, it turned out to be a faulty ECU, do you have anyone you could borrow one off and try.
    No unfortunately, the car has a Rica 280 remap too just wondering weather this could cause fault?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PHIL V70R View Post
    my fans came on when the temp senser went down and run lumpy then stop...replaced temp senser and its ok now mate..
    I thought with clocks not working and ECU not knowing of engine temp it may have gone in to a safe mode? But now clocks are working and still the same I think this is next one to try fingers crossed

the true nut job
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peteT5 View Post
    I thought with clocks not working and ECU not knowing of engine temp it may have gone in to a safe mode? But now clocks are working and still the same I think this is next one to try fingers crossed
    15 min job 2 do, and easy fix parts are inexpensive as well think it cost me 25+vat..
    who puts 300bhp in a volvo.....DONT MIND MY SMILE, THE VOICES IN MY HEAD ARE JUST TELLING DIRTY JOKES........v70R...hids..black mesh grill...17 inch R alloys..groved and drilled front and rear disc..lots bling..,k-n filter..yamaha R1-98 with nos..touring bike honda varadero xl 1000...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PHIL V70R View Post
    15 min job 2 do, and easy fix parts are inexpensive as well think it cost me 25+vat..
    Yea will give it a go

Thread Information