Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This user has no status

Thanks

Help needed.Xenon Ballast for an S60R

I should remember but I cant.Can anyone confirm the correct type of ballast for a 2003 S60R?
    Its a LAD5GL but is it the 4 pin variant?
    My n/s headlight has failed and a new bulb hasnt fixed it.A fuse was also blown which may point to a new ballast being needed.
    bumper needs to come off to fix that but I`m an expert at that now from the last ballast that failed 18 months ago.
    Cheers guys.
    Steve

This user has no status

Thanks
    It's the four pin,but check with brian at AC on monday.
    Will you buy genuine or a copy part?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    It's the four pin,but check with brian at AC on monday.
    Will you buy genuine or a copy part?
    Thanks Jimmie.My boy agrees with you too.HIDS4U have new ballasts off the shelf for £120 so it will be that one I get
    TBH I`m just about to put her up for sale so this will probably be the last thing I do on her.Its only an hour to change it all but I need to 100% make sure it is that and not the igniter.

This user has no status

Thanks
    You are not allowed to sell the motor!!!!
    Why dont you phone Rufe at FRF for a price i will bet he will beat arnies price.The max they will give you off is 10% and that is trade.

This user has no status

Thanks
    You are not allowed to sell the motor!!!!
    Why dont you phone Rufe at FRF for a price i will bet he will beat arnies price.The max they will give you off is 10% and that is trade.
    Jimmie.I just dont know what to do about selling her.I`ve spent a lot of time and money but think I should get something more sensible.
    I`ve had it 3 years next month which is about right for me.My son doesnt want me to sell her.Who knows I may get another.I`ve always wanted the flash green one with orange leather and a manual box(what else?).
    I`m looking at the Mondeo 2.5T which uses a Volvo engine.Alot of car for 6k and a great drive thats cheap to maintain.I`m a bit down cos,as usual with an R,its always the worst case scenario.It`s never just a bulb it`s always something else.Having said that she absolutely wasted an R32 Golf today on the road to Marywell so I still love the cars` speed and grip and fun factor.
    Would you be interested?How much do you think she`s worth with the remap,colour coding,new tyres,SS exhaust etc.?
    Steve

This user has no status

Thanks
    BTW.Volvo charge £220+ for a ballast and igniter combo.You cant buy them individually.
    Steve

This user has no status

Thanks
    Typical volvo rip off,does it come in a ford box?
    How many R are there up this way?
    I only know of four one of which was out the westhills way and supposedly sold for £4600.on ebay.It was the same age as yours.
    There is nothing wrong with a Mondeo.
    They used to use the same seats as the volvo but have possibly changed since the take over,
    I dont need another R!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Typical volvo rip off,does it come in a ford box?
    How many R are there up this way?
    I only know of four one of which was out the westhills way and supposedly sold for £4600.on ebay.It was the same age as yours.
    There is nothing wrong with a Mondeo.
    They used to use the same seats as the volvo but have possibly changed since the take over,
    I dont need another R!
    I`m thinking of asking low 5`s for mine.New tyres,brembo discs and pads,colour-coding and the zorst makes mine very desirable.Theres a guy in Huntly looking for an R so I`ve sent some piccies his way.We`ll see.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi Steve i will most likely get slated for saying this(too expensive i here them say) but i would be asking about the £5,7 mark and work from there.
    There is a big difference from buying one unseen and one you can test drive and check over .They can also take it to any garage for a check over if so desired i prosume.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmie For This Useful Post:

STEVO RRR (Sunday 12th February 2012)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Well the guy from Huntly turned up today and loved it.I get the impression hes seen a lot.Edinburgh,Abelour,Westhill in Aberdeen and Wrexham visited to look at R`s.
    He was gonna offer 4,5 but I told him not to waste his time.He said its clearly the best he`s seen.He couldnt believe how good the bodywork was and how well it drove but I told him I wasnt willing to give her away.
    We`ll see if he comes back.Not really bothered.Ordered the new ballast today.I`ll fit that next weekend and she`ll be perfect.
    Steve.
    Last edited by STEVO RRR; Sunday 12th February 2012 at 18:29.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    thats the problem with selling cars theses days. every one wants them for nothing

13. The Following User Says Thank You to graemewelch For This Useful Post:

volvokid (Tuesday 14th February 2012)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    thats the problem with selling cars theses days. every one wants them for nothing
    Indeed.He compared mine with other S60R`s that didnt have a remap,SS exhaust,colour coded paint,4 new tyres,new Brembo discs and pads,cruise sensors etc.etc.,grille,a slightly lower mileage,lesser history and tries to get my car for the same money.
    Literally £1500 spent in the last 6 months to improve the car,not maintain it,and I get offered 4.5k.
    We parted on good terms and he said he`ll stay in touch but its up to him.I wasnt sure about selling her and I`m still not.
    IMHO it`s one of the best,if not the best,03 S60R`s in the uk and I wont be taken for a mug.
    Steve.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Good on you Steve do not give it away.It is always the same when you buy something you have to pay over the odds but when it comes to sell thats a different story.
    I wonder why he hasn't bought one already ,they can't be all bad.
    There used be a flash green S60R thrashing about town but haven't seen it for a long time have you seen it?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Good on you Steve do not give it away.It is always the same when you buy something you have to pay over the odds but when it comes to sell thats a different story.
    I wonder why he hasn't bought one already ,they can't be all bad.
    There used be a flash green S60R thrashing about town but haven't seen it for a long time have you seen it?
    No Have`nt seen a Flash green one ever in Aberdeen.2 black ones is all.I saw a FG at Silverstone last year.SOOOOOOOO sweet.He was talking to the owner of the FG one on Pistonheads in Wrexham which is up for £5950 which looks nice.One in Aberlour which had a sunroof and parking sensors and a` dog` in Aberdeen which was £3500.None were colour-coded or remapped.One had a Ferrita exhaust.Like Graeme said they want someone else to pay for upgrades but wont put their hands in their pocket to pay for some of those improvements.I`m not stupid enough to think I`ll get ALL the money back for the upgrades but I do want SOMETHING.
    He was well impressed with mine.His wife was in their car(An S80 T6)and she texted him to `move his arse`.He was with me for 30 minutes

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    so theres 3 s60r in aberdeen. see if i can spot any. im heading up that way tomora. not sure how long im up there for.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    so theres 3 s60r in aberdeen. see if i can spot any. im heading up that way tomora. not sure how long im up there for.
    I`ll be amazed if you see one.They`re like rocking horse doo-dah.

Steve

This user has a status
    Thanks
    From when I first became a s60 owner a couple of years ago I have only ever seen/noticed one s60R & I drive all around the UK every day, I can't believe how rare they actually are.
    So pleased I own one now!
    Last edited by s_cowen; Tuesday 14th February 2012 at 15:50.
    My03 S60R, 340bhp Rica remap, Tinted windows, Stainless 2.5" cat back exhaust system, FMIC.

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Ive got my V70 into wrk today, u might see me lol
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    Ive got my V70 into wrk today, u might see me lol
    Ye posing snob!!

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    the only r i seen was an early one in enermech carpark. but after a 6hr drive each way i soon got board of trying to spot nice motors

Thread Information