Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Unhappy Copping the hump already

Guys / Girls is this what I have in store for the rest of my ownership

Buy 200 000 miler V70 R estate @ end of Dec 2011
    Very clonky on offside front .......Anti roll bar links VPC members inform me .
    Insurance issues so cannot drive solely until February
    Tax for six months accordingly
    Manna from heaven SNOW BLOODY SNOW ....yeah thats why I bought the flying brick for .....hmmmm seems very smokey ......greyish in colour ......maybe condensation !!!! should be clearing by now ....keep the faith , what's this engine management light thingy on for ..................

Done 240 miles including delivery mileage cant see a bloody thing behind me ....got my own grey stealth cloak .

Any clues guys

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Pos turbo seals or head gasket ie water getting into cylinders or could be something simple like maf etc best get the codes read mate
    now you see me OPPS now ya dont lololol

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Hello this is 99% the problem when people buy cheep cars with high milage they always need loads of work as the previous owner has just run them into the groud.
    People seem to think its good to buy cheep but ends up cost a load more than a nice one in the long run.
    You smoke peoplems could be a numbe rof things from turbo to head problems and could be rings
    the misting is probley a leaking matrix

the true nut job
    Thanks
    mine was the turbo,any one driveing behind me was in fog lol...
    who puts 300bhp in a volvo.....DONT MIND MY SMILE, THE VOICES IN MY HEAD ARE JUST TELLING DIRTY JOKES........v70R...hids..black mesh grill...17 inch R alloys..groved and drilled front and rear disc..lots bling..,k-n filter..yamaha R1-98 with nos..touring bike honda varadero xl 1000...

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Where abouts are you? Maybe another near member may be able to advise?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for all the responses guys , I am based in the Croydon area , am going to persevere and start a process of elimination before throwing in the towel .
    A case of of buying cheap and spending later equates to "decide in haste repent at leisure". But it was a V70 R ....though :O)

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Judgeninja is very close to you and a really in Guildford area and in my experience a really helpful pleasant all round chap. He is also very knowledgeable, not to mention when it's up and running we have a southern meet, meeting between Bournemouth to guildford area. Next one should be Sunday in Portsmouth in Portsmouth if you fancied popping along.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dalhousie2008 For This Useful Post:

flyingbrickuk (Sunday 12th February 2012)

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    Hello this is 99% the problem when people buy cheep cars with high milage they always need loads of work as the previous owner has just run them into the groud.
    People seem to think its good to buy cheep but ends up cost a load more than a nice one in the long run.
    You smoke peoplems could be a numbe rof things from turbo to head problems and could be rings
    the misting is probley a leaking matrix
    Thats what I allways say.

Thread Information