Join Today
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyIW9sH4_eI

At last, the hydraulic followers finally quietened down! Huge sigh of relief!

MOT in the morning!
    Told you just make sure you drop the oil and replace as soon as you can now only cos you've had a rebore and you never know what tiny bits are still around after 1st cranking.

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamest5r View Post
    Told you just make sure you drop the oil and replace as soon as you can now only cos you've had a rebore and you never know what tiny bits are still around after 1st cranking.
    MOT passed!

Time to settle her in now.

Cheers James. I'll prob do it next week as I've got a nice pot of Mobile1 to go in!
    On the ramp this morn, I noticed that I've a minor drip from around where the oil cooler pipes leave the block. I fitted a new 'O' ring, so I'll leave the belly pan off for a while and keep an eye on it.
    Owned since 2002. '96 Green 855-R, Manual M56H conversion by Russ @ RT Mech, 82mm rebore, THS Rods, Wiseco Piston kit, Decked Block, Machine work was completed by: www.mandjltd.co.uk, Refurbed head inc skim & 8 new valves, ME7 Ex Manifold, RICA304, Forge Blanking plate, 302mm set-up, PowerFlex Top & Bottom, Front Strut Brace, Miltek Cat-Back, R.I.P, IPD Cone Filter.

Latest update: 10000 miles as at 19/05/13.

To do: Lots (but don't tell Mrs Woody!)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hello all,

Just a quick update.

Checked underneath the car yesterday and everything is bone dry, so very happy with that.

So I'd just like to say a huge thank you to the following for guiding me through this project.

TBH, I've had a lot of help with this, so credit where it's due. Cheers guys; Alex, Andrew(Niles), Drew, Russ(RT), Simon(MJ Engines), Rufe and not forgetting you guys here on the one and only VPCUK!

I look back on it all now, and they are quite simple engines after all!

I'm happy to give advice to anyone who needs it.
    Owned since 2002. '96 Green 855-R, Manual M56H conversion by Russ @ RT Mech, 82mm rebore, THS Rods, Wiseco Piston kit, Decked Block, Machine work was completed by: www.mandjltd.co.uk, Refurbed head inc skim & 8 new valves, ME7 Ex Manifold, RICA304, Forge Blanking plate, 302mm set-up, PowerFlex Top & Bottom, Front Strut Brace, Miltek Cat-Back, R.I.P, IPD Cone Filter.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody For This Useful Post:

claymore (Tuesday 28th February 2012),daza-b (Tuesday 28th February 2012),Jamest5r (Tuesday 28th February 2012)

Blah Blah Blah!
    Thanks
    Thats great news mate

I can't wait to get mine started, spinning her on the key is huge buzz for me

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Volvostorm For This Useful Post:

woody (Tuesday 28th February 2012)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pault5estate View Post
    Thats great news mate

I can't wait to get mine started, spinning her on the key is huge buzz for me
    Cheers mate.

Have you much to do Paul?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Just a quick update guys.

Attachment 12799

Attachment 12800

Well I guess that's it for now! Just sprayed the intercooler pipe with Chrome Spray.

250 Miles under her belt now and no issues.

Just cant keep away from the
    Ovlovs lol
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Just a quick update guys.

Attachment 12799

Attachment 12800

Well I guess that's it for now! Just sprayed the intercooler pipe with Chrome Spray.

250 Miles under her belt now and no issues.
    im not jealous...honest! lol looks really good matey! that cold air intake, who made that? i want one! lol
    Back with a 1997 S70 T5 SE

Not from Newcastle
    Further North than Foammanmark
    and proud of it!!
    Thanks
    What do you think of the T-bar clamps youre using on you intercooler pipework?
    Are they much better than normal jubilee clips?
    Current Car: VW Golf GT TDI 170 DSG

Old Cars: Saffy V70R, S60 2.4T SE, 854 T5, V70 T5, S70R, Saab 95 2.3 AERO, Seat Leon Cupra, Vauxhaul Vectra 2.5 V6 GSI, Vauxhaul Combo van 1.4 D

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daza-b View Post
    im not jealous...honest! lol looks really good matey! that cold air intake, who made that? i want one! lol
    Thanks Daz. That Chrome pipe is from Volvo! It's the piping off an early T5, c.1994. Rufe from FRF ordered it from Sweden for me. It came painted black so I stripped it and sprayed it up.

Not sure on cost mind. Don't think it was that expensive and tbh, it's quite crudely made!

If you mean the air filter, it's an IPD jobby from the USA.
    Last edited by woody; Sunday 4th March 2012 at 15:37.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smithson007 View Post
    Yes. I used to have one Jubilee clamp at each join and I managed to blow one clean off 2 years back!

They are not perfect as they may be too big as the clamp has no more travel left. I'll see when I run her at full rpm to see if they hold!

I got a pack of ten Stainless T-bar Clamps from fleabay for £21.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to woody For This Useful Post:

smithson007 (Sunday 4th March 2012)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smithson007 View Post
    Hello buddy, just an update on the T-Bar clamps, no issues at all with them.

Thread Information