Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S60R air filter

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    I cant say I like this way of thinking, your not suppose to enjoy driving these things you know
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    You are supposed to enjoy the 15 minutes a year the car fully works!
    Come on, there not that unreliable.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    I dont like saying this, but I will the only real problem I have had in 7 months was to change the front shocks. Okay I know I have just ruined my fault free motoring, when I get home and go out to the car in the garage it will have kicked its alloys off in a huff with me.
    Thanks
    Martyn

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    Not driving these causes issues as well........get driving it and show it who's boss lol
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Not driving these causes issues as well........get driving it and show it who's boss lol
    I drive this car quite a lot actually, When its my week to drive the V40 into work Adrienne needs to use the R. Plus I drive it most weekends. It doesnt half guzzle fuel though so sometimes the temptation to save money takes over and the boring car gets used, 9 x of 10 I have the family in the car so I dont get to open it up, but thats not a bad thing I suppose its saving it from breaking on me
    Thanks
    Martyn

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    I drive this car quite a lot actually, When its my week to drive the V40 into work Adrienne needs to use the R. Plus I drive it most weekends. It doesnt half guzzle fuel though so sometimes the temptation to save money takes over and the boring car gets used, 9 x of 10 I have the family in the car so I dont get to open it up, but thats not a bad thing I suppose its saving it from breaking on me
    What? You let yer missus drive the R? Are you mental??
    Women and Peg's don't mix....FACT!!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    What? You let yer missus drive the R? Are you mental??
    Women and Peg's don't mix....FACT!!
    No he likes her better than the car.
    She is probably a better driver than him anyway.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    BTW Martyn, i have put the bonnet sound proofing back on. For the following reasons:

1) It's £159 to replace
    2) The AMS does not seal against the bonnet and therefore sucks in heat from the engine bay
    3) I personally thought the Induction noise sounded abit CHAV
    4) I prefer the sound of my new custom exhaust, especially on WOT. Holy cow does she WOOSHHH!!!!!!!
    5) On a long journey the constant turbo whine and repetative induction noise would get on my nerves.

I am thinking about maybe cutting a hole that allows the AMS to still seal against the soundproofing, therefore, not allowing hot air into it whilst still allowing some of the induction noise to escape through the thin skin of the bonnet. I would use double sided tape to hold the sound proofing against the bonnet around the edges.

Worth a pop i think....
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Owner of a SupeRioR
    Thanks
    I've just removed the sound proofing to see for myself what everyone is talking about and I just love hearing the turbo spool up and then the recirc valve. I've got a pipercross replacement element filter and have removed the lid on the air box. Sounds awesome. Can see it affecting my fuel consumption a tad though ;-p
    Doing my bit for the environment by driving a 'Green' car!

This user has no status

Thanks
    iv got a s60 r i put ipd induction kit on make a diffrence too and sound and looks dam good
    S60 R Rule the Roads

Thread Information