Join Today

Thread: My Lovely Day!

This user has no status
    Thanks

Unhappy My Lovely Day!

After owning my car for just under a week some pillock decides to drive into my front wing, this was last Friday night and I managed to get some cash out of him for it to replace the wing myself instead of going through insurance, although i had to fit it myself I was quite chuffed as for the money I got I could replace my damaged wing and stone chipped bonnet from a breakers from ebay who had exactly my colour, so I won the buy it now auction and was going to pay cash on collection, even better the bloke was going to fit them for me there and then if I left my bonnet with him! I even managed to get hold of some white tops GREAT!!! Everything seemed to be going swimmingly until.......... I turn up at the breakers which was in Northampton (130 miles from my house!) Only to find that some other fella had turned up in the morning pretending to be me and took my wing and bonnet that they had taken off for me! Fuming! So id driven 2 hours there only to drive the next 2 hours back with exactly the same dented wing as I drove down with... Got stook for another hour and a half on the m6 aswel which added to my already happy mood as you can imagine.
    When i came off the m6 as i pulled off on the roundabout there was a nasty screaching in first gear as I let the clutch out, then also a little bit as i went into second. This is what I can only assume to be my clutch on its way out too!
    I was so happy at this point I could do with a coffee so i went to McDonald's for some food aswel, so to top it all off (brace yourselves) drove away from the drive through to discover a mile down the road that the dosy cow hadn't put my fries in the bag!!! At this point i was about to explode! It's no wonder she works in McDonald's and she can't ecen manage to do that right! Pfffffffffttt

Top day!!

...still need a clutch also

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Oh mate, thats one crappy day! And not helped by the dropout at MaccyDs.

Have a good sleep, things might seem a little better in the morning.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

Volvo sucks....... lots of air
    Thanks
    You should be thankful that in this weather you can still afford to drive whereas many are at the bus stops, soaking, freezing, etc. waiting for their ride home .....some without burgers too.... Be positive my fellow Volvorian ....

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Days like that make you wish you'd stayed in bed !!

Why did you decide to take ££ off the guy rather than his insurance details? Was this his or your idea?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post
    Days like that make you wish you'd stayed in bed !!

Why did you decide to take ££ off the guy rather than his insurance details? Was this his or your idea?
    Just for ease, I don't have a courtesy car on my policy and I'd be without one for a few days. Also it was only wing damage and id already saw this particular one on ebay for £20 which seemed like a bargain!

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T5Tom View Post
    Just for ease, I don't have a courtesy car on my policy and I'd be without one for a few days. Also it was only wing damage and id already saw this particular one on ebay for £20 which seemed like a bargain!
    even don't have a courtesy car on your policy, if you hand the claim over to an accident management company they'll give you a courtesy car & claim it all back. Also gets rid of all the paperwork & phonecalls

This user has no status
    Thanks
    u must of got held up in the same accident as me then on the M6 except i got past not long after it happened as HATO were still brushing debris off the carrageway when i went past and they was still moving a car onto the hard shoulder..
    what colour car is yours?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jayeastanglia View Post
    u must of got held up in the same accident as me then on the M6 except i got past not long after it happened as HATO were still brushing debris off the carrageway when i went past and they was still moving a car onto the hard shoulder..
    what colour car is yours?
    Was that you in the v70? I was in a green 850 t5 in the middle lane and a light blue v70 t5 shot past so followed for a bit! But i was with the mrs and got a shouting at lol!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    no was in the one in my sig..only diffrence to it since making the sig i now got twin round projector type headlights..I had baby with me so didnt do any silly speeds all the way home(70mph all the way where i could..

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,419 Posts
    They sold the wing and bonnet to someone else?Sounds like a joke `cos they should`ve confirmed who u r.I`d leave a nasty feedback so next time they dont mess around.

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    i know exactly how you feel. I've had nothing but trouble with parcels 2 go this week.

I had two of my custom built office chairs to dispatch this week. Both had to be there for thurs / friday as one was a present and the other a retirement present.

So on sunday i arranged for collection on monday in plenty of time.

Courier turned up and said "sorry mate no room in van" in his best eastern european accent.

But dont worry someone will be out later to collect. No one turned up, live help i re-arranged collection for tuesday. Yep you guessed it no one turned up to collect.

Wednesday gone mental at parcel2go live help!! 2 people refused to deal with me, in the end they agreed to send via TNT 24 hrs at there expense.

yesterday one of the chairs turned up, so in time. The other retirement gift all this chaps co-worked chipped in for they f@@@ing lost!

Got back on to live help and they said "they cannot say for certain whether a parcel will be delivered"

At this point, i explained how rubbish they were and how in just over a month i have claimed over £500 in damaged and lost items!!

So i can sympathise with your plight.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    It's no wonder everywheres in tatters, its because of people like that! Anyway lol, my new white Injectors are in and working great turned my turbo up a little to about 0.8 bar and no fuel cut! Pulls great now! Can't wait for my new turbo and rip but first... New clutch! Lol

Thread Information