Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    well Im gonna keep updating this regardless of weather anyone reads it or not

2003 V40 T4 Sport
    1988 Volvo 245 GLT Estate (Gaining T5 power!)

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    We read it :^)
    Thanks
    Martyn

3. The Following User Says Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

antz (Friday 17th February 2012)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    what a nightmare today has been...

I started out by fitting a new drivers side headlight after I broke the indicator brackets off last week. Managed to source a full Sport headlight with black bezel for £38 delivered off eBay. SCORE!

Then I set about refitting the headlight wipers and washers that I took off 2 years ago. I havent hooked them up because only one works for some reason but Ive now decided I prefer the car with them than without them.

Before:

After:

I got the car up on the ramps and refitted a plastic engine under tray which has been missing since before I bought the car.

Also I gave the front splitter centre section a respray in satin black because the original paint was all chipping off and showing grey primer underneath:

Now my washer bottle level light is constantly on which it wasnt before today so I think ive knocked something. Ill look at that another day though and my bonnet still needs adjusting on the drivers side as its too high but thats a job for another day because I think the bonnet catch is at fault with not enough adjustment in it.

And.....a final shot hiding behind my dads T5 which I also fitted a poly top engine mount on today.

Knackered now.........

2003 V40 T4 Sport

5. The Following User Says Thank You to antz For This Useful Post:

craigoodwood (Saturday 25th February 2012)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Headlight wipers ftw, looking very good!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Right well I finally got round to sorting out the bonnet which has been giving the car a weird wonky looking elvis face since I bought it. All it needed was adjusting and it looks a lot better (2 years looking at it and 20mins to fix it)

before:

And here it is afterwards. Still very slightly off but looking a whole lot better.

And as well as that Ive also replaced all the dash bulbs which have a habit of dying on the S40/V40's but they are about £40 to replace so I took a deep breath and ordered the full lot from PFV

At this point Im nearing the end of my tidy up of the car with the only real job to still do is a dodgy wiring connection on the NSR bumper light that comes on and goes off when it wants and Id like to find a grey passenger wing to complete the front end but I havent sourced a good one yet so thatll get done one day when one turns up.

Hopefully youve enjoyed reading this as much as Ive enjoyed doing it and I hope that I have done some justice in restoring the car to its former glory and hopefully showing that its no longer the troublesome beast she once was.

Thank you for reading, good night.

2003 V40 T4 Sport

Thread Information