Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Having received 'the latest ballasts' today for my 05 S60 (facelift) it still won't play. Done some more research and apparently the drilling the shunt won't work for me as the CEM was changed and has some voltage sensing circuitry along with the resistance check for the bulb out warning.
    All i get is a quick flash on the bulb when i first switch on the headlights then nothing - tried with CANBUS cancellers as well.
    However someone suggested a particular brand of HID conversion that worked on a 2005 (new shape) S40, I am wondering if the electronics will be similar due to the similar age?
    Only problem is the kit is three times the cost....
    How much do i really want HID's?

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheT6Kid View Post
    How much do i really want HID's?
    i do like my HID's, but having drove my old mans last night with the Halogens i wouldn't pay 3times the price lol

This user has a status
    Thanks
    When I first fitted my HID headlights kit the error message was there even with warning cancellers fitted, Drilled the shunt & were gone instantly & I haven't had any problems since, I even fitted non canbus LED Sidelights & numberplate bulbs & all work fine.
    My03 S60R, 340bhp Rica remap, Tinted windows, Stainless 2.5" cat back exhaust system, FMIC.

Thread Information