Join Today
    Old Fart
    Weston on the Mud Somerset or in it if you get the tide wrong.
    Thanks

£3000-£4000 for a 1996 Volvo 122S

Anglia Auctions, you know the place, it's the one where Clarkson & Co went to buy cars, a Lanchester, an Austin Healey Sprite and a 5hitron Ami which they then took to a time trial in the Balearic's?

Well they have an auction of classic cars on the 21st of this month, as it's just after Christmas there's not a lot of money around, so the prices might not get to high.

http://tinyurl.com/85eajry

I was looking through their list and found a 1966 VOLVO 122 S RALLY CAR minus front and rear bumpers, which will come with the car. I their words ESTIMATE: £3000-£4000

There are some other interesting cars there as well, but only one Volvo.

I used to have one of these and when I saw the price it brought a tear to my eye, I only paid £150 for it
    “If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson (1778)

Did you know the EU says that you can't claim that drinking water prevents dehydration. So now you know for sure what many of have known for years that the EU is run by a bunch of nutters.

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,419 Posts
    What?£150 for a classic rally car?U lucky git ))

Old Fart
    Weston on the Mud Somerset or in it if you get the tide wrong.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsford G View Post
    What?£150 for a classic rally car?U lucky git ))
    I lost mine in an accident, and yep but it was a long time ago when MGAs were cheap because no one wanted them. A bit like an E Type Coupe, I looked at in a garage in Birmingham in the 70's, she was powder blue and only £450, she did need a bit of work though. But today it would be worth quite a few quid, £38,000 in this ones case.

“If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson (1778)

Did you know the EU says that you can't claim that drinking water prevents dehydration. So now you know for sure what many of have known for years that the EU is run by a bunch of nutters.

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,419 Posts
    They r expensive.My next door mechanic restored an old morris minor and now his project is a morris van in yellow,nice shape and he is going to restore it to a mint condition.I`ve seen an old jag aswell in mint.I would consider one for restoration tbh if for the right price.So rare to find.

bored of thinking!!

Thanks
    yep it kills me to i paid £250 for a 2 door 1966 amazon, now your looking at a grand upwards for a scrapper.

im desprate for another as i have unfinished business with one.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I would die to own a amazon or just a old volvo p1800
    Last edited by Plodmonkey; Saturday 15th June 2013 at 10:31.
    Cars
    2001 C70 2.0lpt Silver 163bhp

2005 S60 D5 SE Black 163bhp - Dyno'd 191.8Bhp 290 FTH

bored of thinking!!

Thanks
    i just want to build another led sled, there my dream cars but there's no way i can afford a mercury or 54 chevy so an amazon is the best bet. but recently amazons pv 544's are costing not far off the price of a yank

Thread Information