Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

s60 lowering springs

has anyone ever lowered their s6o?
    gunna do mine, and was planning to use eibach springs, as i have had them before and liked them, but there are loads of makes out there, and a lot cheaper too, but not sure of the quality of such makes as cobra or fk etc etc, so, has anyone done theirs, and what make and price, and what are the results.
    i just want to stiffen up the handling a bit, and for it to look more aggressive, as its too high now.
    thanks in advance.

craig
    My awesome 855 Gone but never forgotton.

currently cruising (Hmmmm) in my S.60 2.0T, with mild mods, and a RICA remap. very niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Not got an S60 but I used Eibach's to lower my V70R. Awesome result especially coupled with wheel spacers! They make such a difference. 12mm front and 15mm rear.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thought you needed new shocks to lower?
    2005 S60 T5 - Remapped 321BHP

This user has no status

Thanks
    You dont have to put new shocks on, but you may as well as you have to take the old ones off to change springs anyway, as its a bit of a pain in the arse ( spring compressors etc ) getting the old shocks out to reuse them. May as well do the job right first time round.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wegal For This Useful Post:

MattM (Tuesday 24th January 2012)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    When I lowered my old S60, I used the Eibach Pro-Kit and Koni FSD's. Stance improved dramatically, cornering was better, only issue I had was as it was lowered, the already barge like turning circle became even worse due to rubbing on the inside of the wheel arch.
    Would I recommend it (If you're not looking for the same soft ride) Absolutely!! Looks the business when it's done!!
    Good luck!
    S60 T5.SE ¦¦ Off Black Leather ¦¦ RTI Sat Nav ¦¦ GSM Comms 2 ¦¦ TV ¦¦ Custom 'R' Blue Dials ¦¦Phatnoise-Volvo MP3 Digital Jukebox ¦¦18" Genuine Pegasus Alloys ¦¦ Continental Sport Contact 3 Tyres ¦¦ Custom 'R' Front Bumper ¦¦ RICA 310 ¦¦ 'R' Rear Lip Spoiler ¦¦ Colour Coded Trim ¦¦ '05 Sleeker Power Folding Mirrors ¦¦ HID Headlights ¦¦ Audi S6 LED Day Running Lights¦¦Now running Audi A5 3.0TDI

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Considering to improve cornering by fitting stiffer springs.
    Dont want to lower the car that much as my left front tyre is rubbing on the inside of the wheel arch sometimes when i do max right turn and i dont know why because everything is standard.
    Thinking about springs from S60R. Will they fit my FWD and will they improve cornering?

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fassi1 View Post
    Thinking about springs from S60R. Will they fit my FWD and will they improve cornering?
    i'd of thought the S60R springs are quite soft & rely on the 4C shocks to stiffen & adjust the ride as needed

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    i'd of thought the S60R springs are quite soft & rely on the 4C shocks to stiffen & adjust the ride as needed
    Ofcourse, forgot about it.
    I may just sell mine and buy S60R then, i'd love to have one.

Thread Information