Join Today
    SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts

Smile T5 tailgate struts sorted!

Bought the tailgate struts off Dazab yesterday, and installed the this morning with a marked improvement over the old ones. I had nobody to help me so I had to improvise when the tailgate needed to in the raised position with no struts to hold it up. Wheelie bin and a road cone did the job..........

Not from Newcastle
    Further North than Foammanmark
    and proud of it!!
    Thanks
    Good effort mate. Nowt worse than been battered on the back of the head by the tailgate. Starts to hurt after a while.LOL
    Current Car: VW Golf GT TDI 170 DSG

Old Cars: Saffy V70R, S60 2.4T SE, 854 T5, V70 T5, S70R, Saab 95 2.3 AERO, Seat Leon Cupra, Vauxhaul Vectra 2.5 V6 GSI, Vauxhaul Combo van 1.4 D

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smithson007 View Post
    Good effort mate. Nowt worse than been battered on the back of the head by the tailgate. Starts to hurt after a while.LOL
    Exactly! When the weather is cold, as it is now, they're worse than ever. I have been 'tapped' on the back a few times when the tailgate has come down on it's own, but hopefully now we're OK. Easy job if I can do it!!

Not from Newcastle
    and proud of it!!
    Thanks
    Myne are starting to go a bit too. Something ill get round to doing when i can be bothered. Have you fitted your MBC yet?

Old Cars: Saffy V70R, S60 2.4T SE, 854 T5, V70 T5, S70R, Saab 95 2.3 AERO, Seat Leon Cupra, Vauxhaul Vectra 2.5 V6 GSI, Vauxhaul Combo van 1.4 D

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    Myne are starting to go a bit too. Something ill get round to doing when i can be bothered. Have you fitted your MBC yet?
    I haven't as yet mate. I need advice really from you guys, as I don't know if to have a remap, MBC or both. With my lack of knowledge on these things, the emissions concerns me as well, so if Frankie( whom I bought the MBC off), Dazab, yourself or anyone else on here could point me in the right direction please?

Readview Volvo want £150 for the remap, and I could be looking to do this later this coming week, if that's the way to go.

Not from Newcastle
    and proud of it!!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foammanmark View Post
    I haven't as yet mate. I need advice really from you guys, as I don't know if to have a remap, MBC or both. With my lack of knowledge on these things, the emissions concerns me as well, so if Frankie( whom I bought the MBC off), Dazab, yourself or anyone else on here could point me in the right direction please?

Readview Volvo want £150 for the remap, and I could be looking to do this later this coming week, if that's the way to go.
    Well from what i understand mate if you run a MBC on a standard map youll only be able to turn it up so far before you hit boost/fuel cut.
    Mynes running a map and a MBC and the boost is quite savage but good fun as a scooby found out lastnight. LOL.
    Frankie's probably the man to advise you but if you want to put your MBC on i can help you with that at morecambe.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to smithson007 For This Useful Post:

foammanmark (Sunday 15th January 2012)

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    Well from what i understand mate if you run a MBC on a standard map youll only be able to turn it up so far before you hit boost/fuel cut.
    Mynes running a map and a MBC and the boost is quite savage but good fun as a scooby found out lastnight. LOL.
    Frankie's probably the man to advise you but if you want to put your MBC on i can help you with that at morecambe.
    Thanks very much! Dazab and myself will watch and learn from you. I've bought it, so it may as well go on the car. I have no boost gauge though, and the MBC has about 80 'clicks'. Frankie had it set at 15psi, but I messed with it! Should I buy a gauge and if so which one please?

Not from Newcastle
    and proud of it!!
    Thanks
    Yes you could do with a gauge mate. I don't want to fit it and then knacker up your engine. As for what type cant really suggest any maybe just eBay or somewhere. I'd try get one in psi rather than bar. Mines just a cheapie that was already in the car when I got it and the rattles when you boot it. Quite annoying. I need to replace it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to smithson007 For This Useful Post:

foammanmark (Sunday 15th January 2012)

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    Yes you could do with a gauge mate. I don't want to fit it and then knacker up your engine. As for what type cant really suggest any maybe just eBay or somewhere. I'd try get one in psi rather than bar. Mines just a cheapie that was already in the car when I got it and the rattles when you boot it. Quite annoying. I need to replace it.
    OK- I'll get one mate. Frankie thinks it was on 20 clicks, but for the sake of buying a gauge. I would prefer psi to bars as well, so that's what I'll get.

Not from Newcastle
    and proud of it!!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foammanmark View Post
    OK- I'll get one mate. Frankie thinks it was on 20 clicks, but for the sake of buying a gauge. I would prefer psi to bars as well, so that's what I'll get.
    Yes best had do mate. For the sake of a price of a guage its not worth doing a rod in. They all seem to react differently on different cars to. Im sure mynes only on about 10-12 clicks and thats running at about 1.3 Bar.

Thread Information