Join Today
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamT4 View Post
    I never touch that bp sh*te if i can help it, its about 7p a litre more than vpower round here, yet its still only 97ron.
    can't remember who tested it, but BP lost its octane slower than Shell. In busy garages the octane was higher, but off-the-beaten track Shell garages which have the fuel sat in the tanks longer had a lower rating than the BP

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    can't remember who tested it, but BP lost its octane slower than Shell. In busy garages the octane was higher, but off-the-beaten track Shell garages which have the fuel sat in the tanks longer had a lower rating than the BP
    No worries there then, the place i use is very busy.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status

Thanks
    I used the "it'll save us money love" argument but in fact all it did was unlock a dormant desire to go fast that has cost thousands. I've never had a petrol remap that was more economical than stock - no point in having it mapped if you are not going to use the oomph as there is no saving to be made. Try working on her with more plausible reasons like "overtaking will be safer" or "I'll be home from work earlier".
    2005 (163) V70 D5 SE Premium Pack 130k. 10" sub/Fli amp with Grom audio kit. Shark stage 1 with EGR delete and 320mm discs. Enjoying the comfort and (relative) economy.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I"m doing about 21mpg in my 2.4T, but 1l LPG is 71.9p
    Running on LPG saving 40%, love it and no problem at all.
    2morrow is my 1st HLM stage so will finde out what bhp do i get on LPG.

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mine used to do no more than 34mpg

Regularly tops 40 on a run now

Could have been the MAF and FPS though

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsgKmZUBCRQ&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV7Evh1YSMs[/ame]

Doesn't look THAT fast ... says 7.1 on the text, mines 7.6... he would never drop you - gotta be a gutter when ur in a 325bhp porsche to have a Saloon Volvo sat on your tail

Put my vid to 28 seconds..... The porsche one to 9, start mine then start the porsche one when mine his 32 seconds you can see them run right up the speedo.

Porka is quicker but not as much as you'd think - I was running stock dump valve, ropey old Maf and boost leak on that vid
    Last edited by t5_monkey; Friday 6th January 2012 at 23:30.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

This user has no status

Thanks
    Anyone know if the map would need tweaking if adding exhaust/downpipe/FMIC?
    2005 S60 T5 - Remapped 321BHP

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    You are asking the wrong question. Will y'need a custom map to take advantage of additional hardware changes. Answer is possibly. You certainly won't do any harm by adding a larger FMIC, cat back & racing cat DP.
    Only Hamish will know the true limits of the map. Will that map restrict the full glory of those things? - will you get more horses on their own with all 3 - highly likely. Would a custom map be better suited - yes, but they are not cheap to do. There may well be enough adaption left to allow you a bit more, by freeing off any remaining flow restrictions & reducing the charge temps IATs.

I am not certain that the current setup is restrictive on the phase 2 2.4 T5? Do they stop your turbo achieving it's full potential?
    I think personally I would want to do the cat back for noise aethetics if nothing else.

TBH if you are already power hungry enough to want more in under 3 months (I don't blame you) - then perhaps you should go the whole hog & go for a bigger turbo as well & do a full stage 2? 321bhp is obviously never enough LOL. How much do you want?

Are you coming to Avon Park this weekend?
    Last edited by Wobbly Dave; Monday 26th March 2012 at 12:17.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MattM View Post
    Anyone know if the map would need tweaking if adding exhaust/downpipe/FMIC?
    To make the best of the additional hardware yes. Should be safe but suboptimal without the map being altered. It will rev more freely and spool quicker with the DP/exhaust upgraded without the map being altered. However, custom maps with 2.4 T5's achieve 350-360 bhp - the ceiling is the exhaust housing (flow limit) of your turbo. There may be a stage 2 map option available to you which capitalises on increased flow/cooler intake.
    2005 (163) V70 D5 SE Premium Pack 130k. 10" sub/Fli amp with Grom audio kit. Shark stage 1 with EGR delete and 320mm discs. Enjoying the comfort and (relative) economy.

This user has no status

Thanks
    No plan to do anything soon, just looking at the road map. I've send Hamish a PM so waiting to hear back what he thinks about this.

Maybe graemewelch knows more?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Does look like autotech do various off the shelf maps for various stages.

http://atechmotor.com/volvo/s60/t5-05/trimpaket/

This user has no status

Thanks
    Looks like stage two requires just the 2.5" catback and stage three needs a 3" downpipe too. You should have 465cc injectors already so I wonder if those stages are for earlier cars. I'd be tempted as It will sound lush and if the claims are accurate should pull really well. My Ferrita was ~£1000 and intercoolers vary - my Radtec was under £400 but prices have gone up. I suppose with mapping it could be a £2000 hit but members have found used Ferittas at lower prices.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    320 hp 450 Nm

The tuning step includes:
    * New software.
    * 2.5 "/ 2x2" stainless steel sports exhaust from the catalytic converter and rear.
    * Assembly.

Enter discount code "Step 2" at checkout when ordering to receive the mounting cost of 800 SEK deductions.

Some of our competitors write too often subjected to high power figures that the car will never leave.

Our software is developed to provide maximum and consistent power across the engine's full range.
    With us, we guarantee high power output and smooth power curve for you to avoid problems with jerky motion and sudden impact.

The quiet operation, fuel consumption is going down slightly.

The price without the handset including installation with us is 10 745 SEK. Handset APC can optionally be elected at a cost of 2500 SEK.

350 hp 495 Nm

The tuning step includes:
    * New software.
    * 3 "stainless steel downpipe with racing catalytic converter.
    * 2.5 "/ 2x2" stainless steel sports exhaust from the catalytic converter and rear.
    465cc * spreader
    * Assembly.

Enter discount code "Step 3" at checkout when ordering to receive the mounting cost of 1600 SEK deductions.

Some of our competitors write too often subjected to high power figures that the car will never leave.

Our software is developed to provide maximum and consistent power across the engine's full range.
    With us, we guarantee high power output and smooth power curve for you to avoid problems with jerky motion and sudden impact.

The quiet operation, fuel consumption is going down slightly.

This user has no status

Thanks
    My map from last week at HLM. Very happy indeed.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to zip929 For This Useful Post:

Nathlm (Wednesday 18th April 2012)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Autotech map works a treat, especially on the 2.4 T5

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MattM View Post
    Autotech map works a treat, especially on the 2.4 T5
    Definitely a match made in heaven.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    What turbo is in the 2.4T? kkk k24?
    2003 S60R. RaceS60R 3" DP, RaceS60R intake, Re-map performance remap, FMIC, D5 oil cooler

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    The 2.4t has a low pressure turbo.
    The 2005> 2.4t5 a kkk24.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

19. The Following User Says Thank You to LiamT4 For This Useful Post:

sizzlechest (Tuesday 17th April 2012)

Thread Information