Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

760 3Lv6 wat mods

hi all iv just got myself a 760 v6 and was wondering wat mods i can do to get more power out of it any ideas ?

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    How much money you got ?

Haha, lets see what santa claus brings ya
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sidney View Post
    hi all iv just got myself a 760 v6 and was wondering wat mods i can do to get more power out of it any ideas ?
    filter exhaust and thats it or ls1 it ,ps should of bought a redblock turbo mate

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    That'll be the PRV engine then... It's a 2,849cc V6 btw and I have to say a lovely engine, if cared for it can be every bit as reliable as the red block

In the Volvo world the PRV is very much a poorly regarded engine because of the success and resilience of the red, 4 pot, engine and the tunabilty of the later white block 5 and 6 cylinder engines...

Anyway I am lover of it so here is the little bit info I know about it that's worth knowing..

If your in the UK depending on the age of the car it is available with two different power outputs. You will either be on the earlier B28E with the Bosch K-Jetronic injection (mechanical) system which when new was producing 156bhp @ 5,700 rpm and 235nm @ 3,000 rpm or you'll have the later B280E with the Bosch L Jetronic injection (electronic) system which produces 170bhp @ 5,400 rpm and 240nm @ 4,500 rpm.

Anyway... Not only did the later electronic fuel injection engine gain a more sophisticated injection system, when compared to the earlier mechanical system, it gained a different camshaft lubrication arrangement to aid with the achillies heal of the PRV, oil starvation which causes accelerated wear to the camshafts if oil changes are neglected, it also gained an increase in the compression ratio from 9.5:1 to 10:1. Unbeknown to many this engine was also manufactured, with a slightly smaller cubic capacity, using turbos in the Renault 25 turbo. You may also know that the early 156hp PRV was utilised in the Delorean DMC-12 and Delorean themselves were researching and developing turbo charged 2.8 PRV of which around 3-4 are believed to have been built I've attached an image I had of one of the official development engines below.

Unfortunately the tuned engine, which allegedly transformed the 0-60 time to 5.8 seconds in the Delorean, never infact made it into official production before Delorean went belly up.
    However a number of Delorean owners have adapted the 2.5 turbo intake system from the Renaults to fit their own 2.8's and with good results. Also there is a company who I believe will provide stage 1, 2 and 3 PRV engines and also do the turbo conversion kit. A quick google session has failed me with the source but if you have a snoot about on the Delorean forums I am sure you'll come across it and the many turbo charging threads that have been started.

A bit of useless info for you......the auto 760 V6 was the fastest Volvo to do the 30-50 dash @ 3.4 seconds, a feat not even matched by a standard manual 850R mainly because the 760 can do it in 1 gear, 1st. Unfortunately the 850 has it pretty much everywhere else but it's a nice piece of pub type talk for you

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AndysR For This Useful Post:

Al115 (Tuesday 20th December 2011),claymore (Tuesday 20th December 2011),M-R-P (Tuesday 20th December 2011)

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Nice Andy, very nice.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Tuesday 20th December 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    im not saying that u cannot tune them but is an expensive engine to tune and my mate had a 25 prv and that was a nice car .they are a nice car standard but for modding wise u cannot
    beat the redblock in the same car.nice info though and as i said before sort the breathing out tb.filter.exhaust etc
    Last edited by smithy; Tuesday 20th December 2011 at 23:52.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    thanks all im not looking at make it a rocket ship just to make it sound and go well

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sidney View Post
    thanks all im not looking at make it a rocket ship just to make it sound and go well
    as said before sort breathing out

Thread Information