Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    i reckon i could get away with that gap

You trying to create a thunder storm?

Probably the only one sad enough to be on here on Christmas day, but Happy Easter everyone. On here cos' the mrs is watching Gordon Ramsey cook turkey whilst on speed on tv, so I'm not allowed to play with my presents yet. Built my lego and want to crack open Forza 4!
    Last edited by tim15888; Sunday 25th December 2011 at 13:31.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tim15888 For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Sunday 25th December 2011)

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tim15888 View Post
    You trying to create a thunder storm?
    not convinced i need spark plugs lol. Only 1 coil does work at a time, the launch control won't work with the MSD 6A so it switches over to the other coil to bypass it when its engaged

Probably the only one sad enough to be on here on Christmas day, but Happy Easter everyone. On here cos' the mrs is watching Gordon Ramsey cook turkey whilst on speed on tv, so I'm not allowed to play with my presents yet. Built my lego and want to crack open Forza 4!
    i was on here this morning but just got back from the family meal, few cans & bed tho i thinks lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    What car is that in? Does the launch control work by stopping the spark to back the power off or someting?? This is unusual for me apart from when I get asked to use the washing machine but you have me a tad confuzzled.

Thanks
    What car is that in? Does the launch control work by stopping the spark to back the power off or someting?? This is unusual for me apart from when I get asked to use the washing machine but you have me a tad confuzzled.
    its in BT my 854 LINK. The launch control is a very basic system i made which engages a second rev-limiter when the clutch pedal is pressed, so when sat at the line you can floor the throttle but the engine will holds the rpm at 3500rpm(ish) to get the best start. It also works as a full throttle gear-change. I haven't got a clue how our washing machine works lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Oh right, mine does that anyway. Won't rev past about 4 grand with the clutch pressed

This user has no status
    Thanks
    How have you set that up by the way? Got one set of coils limited to 3500rpm, and
    when the clutch is pressed the switch uses those coils which limits them on the firing? Read your mods in your profile, car sounds very very interesting, could learn alot from it. Where are you in the uk? Would love a nosey haha.

One of my coils went earlier on today, no.2, don't know if they might be working hard with them BRISK plugs in. Lukily I had a spare set in the boot so swapped the shagger over, and then got smoked by a Focus RS on the wat home... I blame it on my car still being in learn mode from resetting the ECU after changing the coil but I have a feeling he would have had me anyway. The car was some kind of special edition, deffo wasn't standard. Was a ££££ing animal! Mines re-mapped running about 260bhp/370nm torque when it's running propperly lol. What figs is yours doing?

Thanks
    Oh right, mine does that anyway. Won't rev past about 4 grand with the clutch pressed
    ME7 does have some benefits then lol

How have you set that up by the way? Got one set of coils limited to 3500rpm, and
    when the clutch is pressed the switch uses those coils which limits them on the firing? Read your mods in your profile, car sounds very very interesting, could learn alot from it. Where are you in the uk? Would love a nosey haha.
    yeh being prehistoric it only uses a single coil & a dizzy cap. The far coil is connected to the adjustable Omex rev-limiter on the dash, & the other coil is connected to the MSD 6A. When the clutch is pressed the relays swop power from the normal 6A system to the limited one. I'm in Coventry, West Midlands. Let us know if your about & i'll more than happily show you round her

One of my coils went earlier on today, no.2, don't know if they might be working hard with them BRISK plugs in. Lukily I had a spare set in the boot so swapped the shagger over, and then got smoked by a Focus RS on the wat home... I blame it on my car still being in learn mode from resetting the ECU after changing the coil but I have a feeling he would have had me anyway. The car was some kind of special edition, deffo wasn't standard. Was a ££££ing animal! Mines re-mapped running about 260bhp/370nm torque when it's running propperly lol. What figs is yours doing?
    last figures i got were 250bhp but that was when i first fitted the 19t so quite a bit done since then, plus i'm on the standard map. Think those Focus RS's are meant to be quick, but its still a F*rd lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    That's exactly what I pictured in my mind as how I would wire it if I wanted to do it, use a latching relay with it latched to the main coil, but swaps over to the limited one when power is put to the coil in the relay from the clutch pedal switch... Or you could latch it the other way and have the switch putting power out all the time and then taking it away when the pedal is pressed but if the switch circuit fu*ked up and lost the feed, or the switch broke or watever you would be driving round like Bill Oddy maxing at 3500 revs haha.

That Focus was beyond quick. I've smoked loads of Focus ST's before I even had mine mapped and was running 240bhp, but this RS was the quickest thing I've seen for a long time. I've kept with alot of cars with that kind of power, even the odd M3 evo, and beaten loads of Evo's/Scoobies at them kind of motorway speeds. This thing was just an animal though. Sounded awesome and put out massive flames out when he changed gear. Might be a Ford but I'm sorry to say this,.. I want one.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Oh yea, speak to a guy at HLM called Hamish if you want it mapping. He's good, did mine when everyone else I tried had failed.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tim15888 For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Monday 26th December 2011)

Thanks
    Oh yea, speak to a guy at HLM called Hamish if you want it mapping. He's good, did mine when everyone else I tried had failed.
    been there a few time & bought my downpipe from Hamish, i'm on a personal mission to see what she'll do on the stock map for now. Turbo Tuner ecu is on the cards eventually

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hairy muff. I like Hamish, he was cracking me up while I was down at his unit. He's just like me at work, running round like a headless chicken and getting pissed off at everyone who turns up wanting things doing haha. Pesky coustamers always turn up wanting there motorcycles fixing at my place... It's as though we're some kind of motorcycle shop or something. Only went quiet about a day before Christmas, who wants to ride a bike in winter?!... Ok rant over, should be thankful to be busy I spose lol.

I do think that more could be squeezed from mine on the re-map. Was putting out 235 bhp-ish running standard, and 300nm, after 186k of anal abuse, so the engine is in good fettle. He had to extract my map and send it to Sweeden for them to piss about with it cos' mine has a rare ECU which he hadn't done before. I get the feeling that my map was a little bit of a prototype too be honest though. Usually get about 270bhp from a remap, was hoping for about that when he did it but only got about 260. Not complaining though, totally different to drive.
    Last edited by tim15888; Monday 26th December 2011 at 23:37.

Thanks
    he has done some work for me in the past, took it to Hamish to fit a own supplied turbo. Let me know as he as he figured out it wasn't what i'd paid for & stopped all work saving me a bigger bill. I don't like using any specific tuners/garages, prefer to do what i can myself & only pay others when i have to

just found a quick video demo'ing the launch control
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtieLW90v-0&list=UUknGcJu3PHhtkVp7z-w93xQ&index=1&feature=plcp[/ame]

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I'm a mechanic so I do everything myself, apart from the remap. Had the gearbox out yet? Propper ball ache. Took me about 6-7 hours over a pit when the thrust bearing failed...

Thanks
    I'm a mechanic so I do everything myself, apart from the remap. Had the gearbox out yet? Propper ball ache. Took me about 6-7 hours over a pit when the thrust bearing failed...
    i've got that to do yet, sorry i mean i've got a mate who's doing that for me. I'm trying to build up a new engine & box on a spare subframe i've got so it can be simply swopped over. Going to be a while because i've got a big list of internal parts i want to upgrade lol

Thread Information