Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Skint and kanckered!
    Thanks

I need to change my name on here to

I got a T5!

Left Folkestone at 6am and got to Cannock just after 10am and by 11.30, was driving back to folkestone in a very tidy, silver V70 T5 auto.

Body is in good all round condition with a few stone chips at the front that I can easily touch in and then buff over; other than that the outside is excellent for a car that has covered 175k.

Interior is mint slate leather with the only niggles being a cracked gear lever surround but as I intend to cover the faux walnut with some 3m carbon fibre to update the intereior, that should not be a prob.

11 stamps in the service book right up to 168k, half by Volvo dealers (which I checked up on with the local Lipscombes) and the others by one big dealer in Solihull.

Engine is strong, smooth and quiet and the drive back at a steady 80 was effortless and comfortable. Cruise control through the road works is a godsend when trying to stick to 50mph.

Plans are:

New s/steel turbo back exhaust the same as my best bud Peanut1. I dropped in to see him on the way back and had a look and listen to his new system and it is gorgeous, looks standard and sounds awesome!

I'll probably fit a performance panel filter too and at some point in the future, upgrade the ECU.

Restore the standard wheels as they are crusty as ££££ (going to keep the exterior standard and not bother with bigger rims).

Tint the windows from the passenger doors back to hide the stuff going in the boot.

Build a bass box to sit behind the seats to house 2, 3 or 4 12" subs and also, find a safe spot for my gorgeous DLS A7 amp.

Change out the standard Volvo double din head unit for my Alpine 7998R and build the doors out to take my Focal Utopias.

Actually, I was impressed with the standard system and was grooving to a load of 80s funk on the way back!

Brakes feel a little soft so will give them a good bleed and may fit some braided lines all round. Discs are in good nick so they can stay as they are for a while.

I wont be doing the poly top mount for the time being as the one in there now, is clearly a Volvo replacement recently.

I shall also give the insdie and outside a really thorough clean and detail (including the engine bay).

Sadly, all this will have to wait until after Christmas as I am off to Singapore tomorrow, getting back on the 23rd (work sadly) but can't wait to get started.

Took the missus out in it and she is well impressed and loves the car.

When I get time, I shall photograph my new baby and start a thread on the progress.

Until then........

Mark

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Sounds good and I'm glad the trip was worthwhile! Wish my Mrs liked my silver p1 V70 T5 like your's does. Look forward to the picys. Is it a p1, cos your plans are very similar to mine, so they could almost be twins!

This status has no user
    Thanks
    Auto? Just kidding, Sounds sweet!

Current Chariots...
    Micra K11 'project sh*tbox'
    V70 D5 daily
    1991 Transit Recovery

Skint and kanckered!
    Thanks
    I'm old and like auto, so there!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to I want a T5 For This Useful Post:

cherry1809 (Saturday 17th December 2011)

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by I want a T5 View Post
    This is mine that I got 3 weeks ago. Wheels are being refurbed and will be graphite, tints and remap in Jan.

Skint and kanckered!
    Thanks
    Nice, best colour too (mine's silver!).

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Congrats, time to think of a new username.
    Don't forget the pics...
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Skint and kanckered!
    Thanks
    Pics will be after the 23rd as am away (so frustrating!).

This status has no user
    Thanks
    Lol, I'm headimg that way, Don't worry, I loved my cheapy T5 auto. Really good box for the engine.

Current Chariots...
    Micra K11 'project sh*tbox'
    V70 D5 daily
    1991 Transit Recovery

Skint and kanckered!
    Thanks
    Best thing about this deal, was that the dealer took my Renault Megane Scenic (aka spazzwagon) in part ex!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to I want a T5 For This Useful Post:

tim15888 (Saturday 17th December 2011)

Just cant keep away from the
    Ovlovs lol
    Thanks
    we got triplets lol 3 silver v70 p1s haha me, u and mark
    Back with a 1997 S70 T5 SE

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dazab View Post
    we got triplets lol 3 silver v70 p1s haha me, u and mark
    We're unlikely to meet up though, as one triplet is down in Folkestone. Our two will hopefully meet soon though!

Ovlovs lol
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foammanmark View Post
    We're unlikely to meet up though, as one triplet is down in Folkestone. Our two will hopefully meet soon though!
    defo mate! i may be coming to the carlise meet, work permitting

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dazab View Post
    defo mate! i may be coming to the carlise meet, work permitting
    I'm unsure at the moment on the Scotch Corner to Carlisle jaunt, as I have football on boxing day, and I'd have to set off pretty early to get there for 11am. Could do Carlisle though, via Morecambe?!

Ovlovs lol
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foammanmark View Post
    I'm unsure at the moment on the Scotch Corner to Carlisle jaunt, as I have football on boxing day, and I'd have to set off pretty early to get there for 11am. Could do Carlisle though, via Morecambe?!
    could be a plan matey, like i say tho, work permitting

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I got a T5!

Left Folkestone at 6am and got to Cannock just after 10am and by 11.30, was driving back to folkestone in a very tidy, silver V70 T5 auto.

Body is in good all round condition with a few stone chips at the front that I can easily touch in and then buff over; other than that the outside is excellent for a car that has covered 175k.

Interior is mint slate leather with the only niggles being a cracked gear lever surround but as I intend to cover the faux walnut with some 3m carbon fibre to update the intereior, that should not be a prob.

11 stamps in the service book right up to 168k, half by Volvo dealers (which I checked up on with the local Lipscombes) and the others by one big dealer in Solihull.

Engine is strong, smooth and quiet and the drive back at a steady 80 was effortless and comfortable. Cruise control through the road works is a godsend when trying to stick to 50mph.

Plans are:

New s/steel turbo back exhaust the same as my best bud Peanut1. I dropped in to see him on the way back and had a look and listen to his new system and it is gorgeous, looks standard and sounds awesome!

I'll probably fit a performance panel filter too and at some point in the future, upgrade the ECU.

Restore the standard wheels as they are crusty as ££££ (going to keep the exterior standard and not bother with bigger rims).

Tint the windows from the passenger doors back to hide the stuff going in the boot.

Build a bass box to sit behind the seats to house 2, 3 or 4 12" subs and also, find a safe spot for my gorgeous DLS A7 amp.

Change out the standard Volvo double din head unit for my Alpine 7998R and build the doors out to take my Focal Utopias.

Actually, I was impressed with the standard system and was grooving to a load of 80s funk on the way back!

Brakes feel a little soft so will give them a good bleed and may fit some braided lines all round. Discs are in good nick so they can stay as they are for a while.

I wont be doing the poly top mount for the time being as the one in there now, is clearly a Volvo replacement recently.

I shall also give the insdie and outside a really thorough clean and detail (including the engine bay).

Sadly, all this will have to wait until after Christmas as I am off to Singapore tomorrow, getting back on the 23rd (work sadly) but can't wait to get started.

Took the missus out in it and she is well impressed and loves the car.

When I get time, I shall photograph my new baby and start a thread on the progress.

Until then........

Mark
    You need 4 subs to make it sound good cos' of the size of the car. Here's a hint though, standard 12" boxes are the same height as the sill round the bottom of the rear quater windows. I made an MDF carpeted shelf that splits in the middle (to get it in), and rest it on top of 4 subs and the rear window sills. Perfect fit. Bolted my 6x9 boxes to the shelf aswell. My stereo sounds allright actually, (Check it out in my guarage list if your interested, all listed there), but in the Pug 306 I had before, I had nowhere near the power, and less subs, and was twice as loud in that small shagger. Also personally, wouldn't bother with a poly top mount. Been in a car with one and it sounded herrendus. Just my oppinion. Exhaust wise, I just did a decat on mine with a streight through 3" pipe with one box on the back that sounded really nice, when blarting about but was a killer on the motorway unless you went 80+ (when the turdo spins up, it shuts it up). I put a standard rear pipe on with the de-cat, and have a K&N panel filter in it which sounds nice, but quiet. Hope this is of use to you

Skint and kanckered!
    Thanks
    Hey Tim and thanks for your input.

I had figured the height of the lower edge of the windo as being useful.....

At the mo, my 4 subs sit in a box I built in my Nissan 200sx. 2 facing front as normal and 2 on top with their '4rses@ out for not only looks but also to gain some volume. The subs only need 1.3cuft each and hit very hard to will probably do something along this line for the boot and still keep some load area/space. Heres a pic to show the subs in their current box.

I wont be fitting any speakers in the back for mid/upper range but may still use the passenger door speakers as a bit of fill. The efforts will be in the front doors to get good staging and imaging.

I hear what you say re the exhaust, my buddy on here (Peanut1) has just had a custom turbo back system made up with a 200 cell sports cat which sounds good and doesnt boom or drone at motorway speeds so will eventually go down that route.

I agree with the poly engine mount. The one on there is very new so wont even think about it until I have too.

Still undecided re the air filter.....I do like the look of a big fat cone sitting in the engine bay......
    Last edited by I want a T5; Saturday 17th December 2011 at 19:47.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Haha, I'm going to make a shroud for my cone and put it back on when I get chance... see other thread you started. What subs have you got? I've got 3 running from a mono block at 2.66ohm, and another running slightly higher notes from a normal amp bridged. You need a batt in the boot to run it all aswell lol

Skint and kanckered!
    Thanks
    The subs in the Pics are Shadow Works Phantoms. 4 Ohm each but wired up to show the amp 1 Ohm.

If you are familiar with the DLS A7, its 4 x 100w and 1 x 200w. The sub channel can run at 1 Ohm and pumps out 600w all day long. Not so worried about a second battery as its the alternator that gets put under pressure when running the system so may well uprate that if it starts to struggle. I also run ) guage cable from the battery and to the earth and will do the 'big 3' to get the best out of the power supply.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I'm using infinity as a mono block, whick kicks out just under 1000rms running that way which was stable at 1ohm but I got carried away and melted a load of drive units on it. A battery in the boot will act like a capacator but bigger. Will make a massive difference when drawing alot. Alternator can't keep up in it's own. With another batt, it will charge the battery on quiet bits of the music your playing and then discharge the battery on boomy bits, acts like a damper on the current to the rest of the car. I'll be surprized if you manage to run all that propperly without one. Are your subs dual coil? Mine are and that makes it even worse.

Thread Information