Join Today
    SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts

Smile Couple of jobs done.

Despite the temperature being 1 degree, and not having a garage, I've just a couple of things on the 'list'.

Firstly, I got the floors and sides for the boot of my V70 T5 from a breakers, as it had seen better days. There is a slight colour variation but I think it looks smart. I've got the black plastic trim at the bottom of the windows, then the sides/back of rear seat are a bit paler, and the floor area darker, but I think the contrast looks good. I'll save the darker sides that came from the breakers as spares, unless anyone requires those please?

Also did the plastic trim around the bottom of the tailgate opening as that was completely shattered, and put Bigrotch's old Pipercross air filter in. Those are big jobs for me, so I'm pretty happy!!

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Nice Make sure that air filter is nice and clean and oiled... makes all the difference. (I use a dishwasher and super refined olive oil)
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

foammanmark (Friday 16th December 2011)

Just cant keep away from the
    Ovlovs lol
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foammanmark View Post
    Despite the temperature being 1 degree, and not having a garage, I've just a couple of things on the 'list'.

Firstly, I got the floors and sides for the boot of my V70 T5 from a breakers, as it had seen better days. There is a slight colour variation but I think it looks smart. I've got the black plastic trim at the bottom of the windows, then the sides/back of rear seat are a bit paler, and the floor area darker, but I think the contrast looks good. I'll save the darker sides that came from the breakers as spares, unless anyone requires those please?

Also did the plastic trim around the bottom of the tailgate opening as that was completely shattered, and put Bigrotch's old Pipercross air filter in. Those are big jobs for me, so I'm pretty happy!!
    good stuff bud
    Back with a 1997 S70 T5 SE

5. The Following User Says Thank You to daza-b For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    well done mark....im sure the car is slowly getting to how you want it....have you had any power upgrades done yet?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to volvo For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Well done fella
    now you see me OPPS now ya dont lololol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bigrotch For This Useful Post:

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    well done mark....im sure the car is slowly getting to how you want it....have you had any power upgrades done yet?
    I'm planning a remap in Jan'12, and I've got an MBC coming, so soon the power upgrades will start! How's you, your baby and wife?

That silver V70R that we were both watching in Cambridge sold when it was relisted, but then appeared for sale again in Bolton almost immediately. I don't know what happened there or who bought it? R898VJO I think it is.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i think i saw it but i really cant buy any more cars until i sort these out...lol

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    i think i saw it but i really cant buy any more cars until i sort these out...lol
    How many have u got now then? Did you sell that black grille as well please?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i have 6 in total!

my brother is taking the c70 so should have 5 left.....Might take apart the one BigRotch is taking the suspension off, which is on LPG....I have the black grill on that too.....i havent sold it, will offer it to you first and if you dont want it, will sell......

14. The Following User Says Thank You to volvo For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martinrpeachey View Post
    Nice Make sure that air filter is nice and clean and oiled... makes all the difference. (I use a dishwasher and super refined olive oil)
    Not too much oil though, will coat your MAF and you'll have to brake cleaner the ££££ter off, I learnt that from experiance.

Quote Originally Posted by foammanmark View Post
    I'm planning a remap in Jan'12, and I've got an MBC coming, so soon the power upgrades will start!
    I don't need my MBC scince remap so you could have had mine if your local, but I wouldn't bother with one if it's a fly by wire. They're ok MBC's but you can't add very much before they run lean and the knock sensor cuts the throttle back... (if it's a fly by wire). At the point where mine was turned up to the max before the knock sensor cut in, it was only addig about 4bhp from not having it on according to the rolling road :-(.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to tim15888 For This Useful Post:

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    The MBC hasn't actually arrived as yet, so I don't know what type it actually is. I was really after the strut brace and bought the MBC just to some in the same parcel and save on postage.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Haha, I'm going to make a strut brace when I get chance. What engine is yours? Is it an ETS model?

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tim15888 View Post
    Haha, I'm going to make a strut brace when I get chance. What engine is yours? Is it an ETS model?
    Sorry, I don't know what you mean. I'm new to the performance models, and need to learn! To me, it's just a 97' T5 manual?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    MBC should be ok on yours then. ETS models have an electronic throttle body rather than an accelorator cable, and have more sensors and are more fussy to beig ££££ed round with. T5's only boost at about 0.7bar (8.5psi) or something standard, only a low boosting engine really. With a re-map they are safe runing about 1.1bar (16psi), but if you turn yours up that high just with an MBC and no remap, it will run too lean, too hot, pre-ignite and probably knacker it up... Just be careful with the MBC is what I'm saying. On an ETS model, it won't allow you to turn it up too much, as they have a knock sensor that sence's pre-ignition (which happens when you run too lean), and when it sences this, cuts the throttle off... Don't think the older ones like yours have any safety measures like that though, makes them easier to dick about with, but also lets you get carried away, and do things that you shouldn't really do...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to tim15888 For This Useful Post:

foammanmark (Saturday 17th December 2011)

Thread Information