Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by merc85 View Post
    Your always welcome my friend, you will probably find me under or over a Volvo who's one is anyones guess pmsl Hopefully NOT mine lol
    Great,also so glad u got that leak sorted.I know by myself it wouldn`t` get out of me head unless it`s sorted.Got a busy day on sunday 6am taking wife and kid to London on euro train at least 4hours journey and pick up of her unc at 11pm from heathrow so coming down and seeng u guys and your cars will be my chilling lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsford G For This Useful Post:

merc85 (Thursday 15th December 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamest5r View Post
    Glad you got it sorted, i think you have the best turbo in the 18t

Would be good to see you at a few 1/4miles next year.

If you looking for a cheap map ask Hamish for a copy of the map i had done im sure he will do it for the standard rate as ive paid for the hard work lol, it was dyno'ed at 268 WHP and 456 n/m on my 16t, i then swopped to an 18t and it went even better
    Mmmm I've got q mint 16t to go on blacky off my burgundy one, I was goin to sell it and get 18t after being in mercs but if u say I couldget 268whp which must be close to 300bhp I'd settle for that as its my daily driver
    now you see me OPPS now ya dont lololol

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Been out all evening so I missed this thread. Well done merc, glad its all sorted. Now be smug and enjoy the fruits of your labours.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrotch View Post
    Mmmm I've got q mint 16t to go on blacky off my burgundy one, I was goin to sell it and get 18t after being in mercs but if u say I couldget 268whp which must be close to 300bhp I'd settle for that as its my daily driver

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachme...7&d=1267369274

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamest5r For This Useful Post:

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,155 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by martinrpeachey View Post
    Been out all evening so I missed this thread. Well done merc, glad its all sorted. Now be smug and enjoy the fruits of your labours.
    Cheers Mart your a true Gent, thanks for your imput about changing the washer's and seal's.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to merc85 For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Thursday 15th December 2011)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    You can get 300hp from a 15g with the right mod's so not an issue getting the same from a 16t..
    I bet you want more when you go up against Merc though.. lol

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AndysR For This Useful Post:

bigrotch (Thursday 15th December 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Gav, you can get 300BHP from a 16T with the correct supporting mods!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to volvo For This Useful Post:

bigrotch (Thursday 15th December 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Andy im goin to be disapointed in Myne once it all the running issues get sorted out again etc just got to remember it's a daily driver tho which hurts as I want a 18 t but I know I can't be trusted ie heavy foot = big fuel bills etc lol
    now you see me OPPS now ya dont lololol

This user has no status

Thanks
    Andy im goin to be disapointed in Myne once it all the running issues get sorted out again etc just got to remember it's a daily driver tho which hurts as I want a 18 t but I know I can't be trusted ie heavy foot = big fuel bills etc lol
    I doubt your going to be "disappointed" with it. Afterall a chipped T5 is always a good hoot regardless of the turbocharger, I doubt a bigger turbo will make a huge difference to the fuel consumption and with more power you don't have to use it all at all times

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    I dont think you will be dissapointed, your Engine in blacky is a Fit one, the 16t is also fit, get it set up right and i think you will be dissapointed.

The thing about the 18t is at the top end of legal speeds if/when you put your foot down it is where you will notice the difference most.

mid range torque it seems very quick/powerfull.

If you relate it to engine size i'd say a 18t is like having another cylinder under the bonnet.
    Last edited by merc85; Thursday 15th December 2011 at 23:05.

Trader
    ???
    Thanks

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by AndysR View Post
    I doubt your going to be "disappointed" with it. Afterall a chipped T5 is always a good hoot regardless of the turbocharger, I doubt a bigger turbo will make a huge difference to the fuel consumption and with more power you don't have to use it all at all times
    I've noticed, with the 18 the fuel consumption has been effected quite heavly, although it has been short trips and not on a run.

Time will tell but so far 23mpg has been a average. theres been alot of testing short trips stop starts checking leaks etc. i reckon a 28mpg should be the norm on 20 mile run.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to merc85 For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Thursday 15th December 2011)

This user has no status

Thanks
    I've noticed, with the 18 the fuel consumption has been effected quite heavly, although it has been short trips and not on a run.

Time will tell but so far 23mpg has been a average. theres been alot of testing short trips stop starts checking leaks etc. i reckon a 28mpg should be the norm on 20 mile run.
    Lol, in fairness I very much doubt any of the driving since the 18t was fitted has been what you would call "economical" driving

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    glad to hear youve sorted it mate and with 23 mpg makes me think im doing something wrong i get,and im not exaggerating,14.6 avg i know its running a bit rich but with all your mods 23 aint bad at all

full respray..plenty of body mods..comets..ray cat back noise pipe..decat and wrapped downpipe..me7 exhaust manifold..3" throttle body with ported inlet manifold..blue injectors..adjustable fuel reg..reverse intercooler pipework..19t..open cone air filter..255 fuel pump..m-r-p short shift..boost gauge..unknown remap..adjustable suspension..lightweight crank pulley..n/a cams..stripped out interior..and a heavy right foot

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingbrick View Post
    glad to hear youve sorted it mate and with 23 mpg makes me think im doing something wrong i get,and im not exaggerating,14.6 avg i know its running a bit rich but with all your mods 23 aint bad at all
    Ouch, something clearly amiss there.. Although in fairness currently that's the least of your worries I guess...

Trader
    ???
    Thanks

Wink

Lol, in fairness I very much doubt any of the driving since the 18t was fitted has been what you would call "economical" driving
    hand on heart, ive had a oil leak and bearing whine, not to mention a manifold leak lol but she is settling in nicely.

I do spare mechanical sympathy, hence 3k oil changes. i have had the odd blast of course lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    hand on heart, ive had a oil leak and bearing whine, not to mention a manifold leak lol but she is settling in nicely.

I do spare mechanical sympathy, hence 3k oil changes. i have had the odd blast of course lol
    Frequent engine oil changes is by far and away the single best thing you could ever do to an engine...

24. The Following User Says Thank You to AndysR For This Useful Post:

Trader
    ???
    Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by theflyingbrick View Post
    Dont go by the computer, mine reads 3mpg out avarage over a tank.

I always fill to the brim set the trip run for as many miles as i like then refil to the brim and work it out.

Last week a Trip to dorset at 70mph ave, Averaged out at 30.1 Mpg. 407 miles from 1 tank.

It's all about keeping a constant speed.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to merc85 For This Useful Post:

theflyingbrick (Thursday 15th December 2011)

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    Ouch, something clearly amiss there.. Although in fairness currently that's the least of your worries I guess...
    lol tell me about it but my bro did tell me just before it happened there was plumes of black smoke coming out back so engine first and fuelling after like i told bigrotch im sick of these harwich boys dominating the mod threads at the mo so i need to pull my finger out lmao

full respray..plenty of body mods..comets..ray cat back noise pipe..decat and wrapped downpipe..me7 exhaust manifold..3" throttle body with ported inlet manifold..blue injectors..adjustable fuel reg..reverse intercooler pipework..19t..open cone air filter..255 fuel pump..m-r-p short shift..boost gauge..unknown remap..adjustable suspension..lightweight crank pulley..n/a cams..stripped out interior..and a heavy right foot

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks

I always fill to the brim set the trip run for as many miles as i like then refil to the brim and work it out.

Last week a Trip to dorset at 70mph ave, Averaged out at 30.1 Mpg. 407 miles from 1 tank.

ahhh thats were im going wrong its constant speed......i thought it constantly speeding lmfao

This user has no status

Thanks

Very true and tbh my onboard mpg calculations have become more inaccurate since the greens were fitted so I'm guessing it is preprogrammed for the flow rate of oranges...

I must confess I am very pleased with my mid 30's mpg considering the return I get for that in performance

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndysR For This Useful Post:

bigrotch (Thursday 15th December 2011),merc85 (Thursday 15th December 2011)

Thread Information