Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    And it'll cost an X5 driver more to repair his car than it'll cost us to replace ours
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martinrpeachey View Post
    And it'll cost an X5 driver more to repair his car than it'll cost us to replace ours
    That`s it.I hate a new ish car drivers or silmilar who think they own the road.Teach them a lesson.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    iv done that twice and was on a very long straight roads and nothing coming the other way,i think that was when i had the T4 the first time around so was younger and more stupid,since i was in a crash the other month iv become a nervous driver and will get out of driving if i can!

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    It was an X6, and if we did crash I dont think I would be typing this just now, trust me guys if you were there you would understand this guy didnt care, there was no room inbetween me and the car infront (that was stuppid in my part) cuz i didnt want to let him in he swerved his X6 so hard to cut me up his car was almost side words if i never hit my brakes i would have hit his rear quarter pannel, and I dont want to think of that outcome at motorway speeds.
    Thanks
    Martyn

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkshire R View Post
    iv done that twice and was on a very long straight roads and nothing coming the other way,i think that was when i had the T4 the first time around so was younger and more stupid,since i was in a crash the other month iv become a nervous driver and will get out of driving if i can!
    You live and learn, I've had a few scares and im greatfull they were just scares. My mate wrote his car off racing some guy he hurt his passengers, one had a hip and back injury. He still hasnt slowed down since then.
    Thanks
    Martyn

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    You live and learn, I've had a few scares and im greatfull they were just scares. My mate wrote his car off racing some guy he hurt his passengers, one had a hip and back injury. He still hasnt slowed down since then.
    Allways happens when someone in the car and I can only swear can`t` do much where is if on my own a different story.There is place and time when u can put yr foot down otherwise it`s stupid.

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MattM View Post
    It's always the BMW drivers that do the craziest driving to 'get it front'.
    Whilst doing my many miles up and down the UK, I would say that it's German cars in general rather than just BMW's, that just have to be in front of you. They also love to occupy the middle lane until it's their junction to come off, even when there's nothing in the nearside lane for as far as the eye can see. I think the traffic cops should sort the middle lane drivers rather than the speeders, as they also force more cars into the outside lane.

There, I feel a bit better now....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to foammanmark For This Useful Post:

MattM (Wednesday 14th December 2011)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martinrpeachey View Post
    On my way to work, I found myself alongside a 61 plate XC60 in pearly black paint. I think it was an Rdesign. and was a D5. Coming off a roundabout, glances were exchanged then a nod then wooosh... well, he went woosh, I spun both front wheels and the DSTC lost interest. This allowed the XC to pull out a bit of a lead. Having got the old girl under control and on boost in 3rd, I romped past as you'd expect, slowed to let him pull alongside so I could have a look at his car, then boosted ahead and pulled across in front to see a thumbs up from him in my mirror. What a beautiful poise those things have from the front, really admired the look of the thing. I know I say the new S60 stinks of mondeo but the XC60 really is a thing of beauty.

There ya go.

What do you guys recon?
    in my 850 turboless...one day i will tell you when i nailed it and overtook a milkfloat...lol

I AWAIT MY PROBING

10. The Following User Says Thank You to local-looney For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Wednesday 14th December 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts
    It's always the BMW drivers that do the craziest driving to 'get it front'.
    I resent that remark, not all Audi/ Bmw drivers are like that lol.

This user has no status

Thanks

OK just most of them then.
    2005 S60 T5 - Remapped 321BHP

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts

Talking

OK just most of them then.
    We all know German car drivers are the best in the world and every other car should always move over for us

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foammanmark View Post
    Whilst doing my many miles up and down the UK, I would say that it's German cars in general rather than just BMW's, that just have to be in front of you. They also love to occupy the middle lane until it's their junction to come off, even when there's nothing in the nearside lane for as far as the eye can see. I think the traffic cops should sort the middle lane drivers rather than the speeders, as they also force more cars into the outside lane.

There, I feel a bit better now....

The problem here lie's with the fact that at no stage in the driving test motorways are covered! It seems totally F'ing bizarre to me that although these are the fastest and most dangerous roads in Britain you don't get tought or tested on them!!

I was asked by the driving instructor when I did my pass plus (after Id passed my test...obviously) which was the correct lane to drive in when on the motorway, well i replied 'the middle'. I had never been tought anything different because I had never been on the motorway!

Its ridiculous that we don't get tought motorway driving, my girlfriend won't drive the 140mile trip from her's to mine instead gets the train because she is nervous about driving on the motorway. If she were Id have a guess she would drive in the middle lane!

Joe

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKESC70T5 View Post
    We all know German car drivers are the best in the world and every other car should always move over for us
    Well they are very good,my favorite one is Audi but could only afford a vw.I can`t` say about drivers `cos if u r a dumb**s a car won`t` make a better driver(not talking about u personally)lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    I had a play with an e92 m3 the other day and he was rather confused afterwards! Nice chap though

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKESC70T5 View Post
    If Audi drivers and bad... and BMW drivers are bad....

what happens when someone drives BOTH ?! ...

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsford G View Post
    I wouldn`t,if he wants a smash give him one,if he wants a fight don`t fight just knock the p***k out.I see those p***ks every day as I drive for leaving at some point.
    I banged out a guy who took offence to my driving and followed me to the local shopping centre. He blocked me in my space, got out and offered me out and threatened my GF. I got out, GF and new born still in my car, I tried to calm him but the insults and threats kept coming. I ended up banging him out in the car park and I'm now the one with the criminal record. So for the short term satisfaction of shutting him up I had to endure all the stress of the legal side of it. I regret it for the legal aspect, but the bloke 100% deserved it, and the way he wound me up (calling my GF a silly slag for trying to calm him down) he was lucky I didn't put the boot in too.
    Last edited by mitchyboy01; Sunday 1st January 2012 at 19:04.
    Grey 855R Manual. Totally standard.

Thread Information