Peformance Panel Filter

Any advances on this or shall I get my card out? :p

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/fra...659&PID=632961
    2005 S60 T5 - Remapped 321BHP

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    You may as well wait until you go to HLM - they have both K&N and ITG replacements on the shelf.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Or go for the elevate "AMS" if they fit the T5 IPD use to do them but dont think they do now...
    Thanks
    Martyn

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    Or go for the elevate "AMS" if they fit the T5 IPD use to do them but dont think they do now...
    Elevate AMS, they do looks the dogs ££££££££ :-) (Cost a bit more than 30 quid though)

Pics of mine when it was clean

Last edited by Santa; Wednesday 14th December 2011 at 08:02.
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Yeah just a tad more lol. I have the IPD one (exaclty the same) I'm awaiting the delivery of my stainless steel filter from elevate. Is that the SS one? IPD never gave me the decal for the box so elevate are sending me one. I put my AMS on a few weeks ago and the car run like crap so I have the std airbox back on it just now, I have bought a new MAF I have to fit. Have you removed your sound proofing? I did on both my R's, you can hardly hear the induction noise if its left on.
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status

Thanks
    I'll mention to Hamish about a filter, I just have the bogo standard one.
    2005 S60 T5 - Remapped 321BHP

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i put a ripspeed carbon fibre air filter on the T5 and iv never had a filter sound as good and iv had k&n and piper x on other cars,there not cheap from halfrauds £35.

on about halfrauds there doing rechargable 1 million candle power torches on offer at £9.99 reduced from £23.99,a good bargain for the car boot!!!

Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    Yeah just a tad more lol. I have the IPD one (exaclty the same) I'm awaiting the delivery of my stainless steel filter from elevate. Is that the SS one? IPD never gave me the decal for the box so elevate are sending me one. I put my AMS on a few weeks ago and the car run like crap so I have the std airbox back on it just now, I have bought a new MAF I have to fit. Have you removed your sound proofing? I did on both my R's, you can hardly hear the induction noise if its left on.
    Sound proofing is still on. (Using the car on the motorway this time of year so quiet is preferred.......maybe one day I'll get one of those little grill things). Cant remember exactly what the filter is but its not the standard one they sell with the AMS (I got some special deal where I got the better air filter).

How much are they now? I can remember mine been north of £400 back when the exchange rate wasn't so bad.
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Take off the proofing you wont believe the difference, I really dont like cars that drone, I've had 3 powerflow exhausts and i've told them to make them quite and they have droned to much for me, but taking off the sound proofing doesnt make that much difference to the cabin noice for some reason, but the sound from the AMS sounds amazing. If you dont like it put it back on, it takes 2 mins

I think Lee got the same deal you did with the fillter.

My filter was $129 and shipping was $25 still have the import tax to pay, I bought my AMS unit over 2 years ago when I was looking for a S60R but never found one I liked that was $399 then. I still have a private plate I bought S6 0RU I'm trying to get my dad to put it on his S60R so he can give me his, but he's not budging!!!

I bought the R door look pins and bezels too they cost $80 and I cant find where I put them!
    Thanks
    Martyn

Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Might give removing the sound proofing a go the weekend then :-)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Let me know how you get on.... I think it will make you smile
    Thanks
    Martyn

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by santa20 View Post
    Elevate AMS, they do looks the dogs ££££££££ :-) (Cost a bit more than 30 quid though)

Pics of mine when it was clean

This is the T304 Stainless steel race filter. I have it on my AMS and i absolutely love it. Not washed it yet cos it still looks brand new and i have had it for 8 months!

They cost $129 from USA + Shipping and import tax.
    the AMS is now $449.

http://www.elevatecars.com/elevate-v...agement-system
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by santa20 View Post
    Might give removing the sound proofing a go the weekend then :-)
    ...Yes, sounds like a plan!! I take it you mean the sound proofing on the bonnet?
    Another good idea is just remove the rubber weather strip at the top of the baulk head. That takes 2 seconds to remove and will also keep your engine cooler as heat can escape through the 1" gap. However, the downside is your engine takes slightly longer to warm up.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Thread Information