Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts

2.4t5 s60r hybrid or bigger turbo

just sitting bord here and wondered if any has has fitted a hybrid or bigger turbo to any of the above cars. im toying with the idea of more power. 400bhp would be nice. but at same time i dont want a laggy car. dosnt matter if not a direct bolt on

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    400bhp would mean rods, pistons, manifolds, and a big blower. Nos would be worth a thought too, throttle progressive
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    the 2.4 T-5 is a very strong engine, thats what i'm thinking of using on my engine build. Theirs a chap over on VS running over 400bhp (think it was 430bhp) on the stock internals

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    Not yet though its something I'm still actively looking to do. Viva Performance recently RR'd a stage 3 S60R which among other things involves a KKK hybrid turbo (35% ish more airflow apparently). The RR recorded 359WHP. (Est slightly over 420BHP).
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    i found that one, i was under the impression that the ehaust housing was the restrictive parts. theres a few t5s using gt turbos but not much unfo one them

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    the 2.4 T-5 is a very strong engine, thats what i'm thinking of using on my engine build. Theirs a chap over on VS running over 400bhp (think it was 430bhp) on the stock internals
    whats vs. any links or clues

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

8. The Following User Says Thank You to claymore For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Sunday 11th December 2011)

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    whats vs. any links or clues
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    sorry yeh its Volvospeed, i've had a look for the thread but the forums not as easy to use as this so couldn't find it

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The 2.4 T5 engines are the best engines to use for power builds but why when the show gains so well for minimal outlay in stock form. First look at a new uprated intercooler larger injectors and not running the K24 above 1.5 bar and with WI you can achieve high 380ish figures on stock components. A good downpipe and exhaust is a must though.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan M View Post
    The 2.4 T5 engines are the best engines to use for power builds but why when the show gains so well for minimal outlay in stock form. First look at a new uprated intercooler larger injectors and not running the K24 above 1.5 bar and with WI you can achieve high 380ish figures on stock components. A good downpipe and exhaust is a must though.
    i agree with this

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan M View Post

Already have fmic, 3" 100cell cat. 2.5" straight through exhaust. stg two rica. i just fancy going one step further. its just a thought at the minute but my thoughts are dangerous

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Jardon runs a hybrid 19T on his and is doing about 400bhp with WI.

if you have FMIC, injectors, 3" downpipe etc... that should give you 350 on the 2.4T

with that much power you may want to spend the rest on a Coilover suspension set up and quality wheels, tyres etc..!

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Previous owner had 348 befor fmic. It had koni shocks and eibach spring but ditched the shocks as ride was terrible. it dose have uprated anti roll bar. Rubber and brakes arnt a issue. allways use quality rubbrr and brakes are police spec and are faultless

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Previous owner had 348 befor fmic. It had koni shocks and eibach spring but ditched the shocks as ride was terrible. it dose have uprated anti roll bar. Rubber and brakes arnt a issue. allways use quality rubbrr and brakes are police spec and are faultless
    you have most of the stuff... get it polybushed on 17" wheels and it will really handle !

Bilstein Shocks are really good if the Koni were too hard - my ride was better after going from stock to Bilstein.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    already kitted out with 17's. previous owner done some very good mods that gave me a good start. not sure id go with poly bushes. but possily consider some better shocks in the future. if the next meet gose ahead in dec you could take me out in yours so i can compare the ride

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    already kitted out with 17's. previous owner done some very good mods that gave me a good start. not sure id go with poly bushes. but possily consider some better shocks in the future. if the next meet gose ahead in dec you could take me out in yours so i can compare the ride
    Cool sounds like he knew what he was doing! There's a significant difference between stock 17's and something lightweight like OZ - I noticed even changing from standard 17's.

Yeppers happy to take you for a spin in mine!

Quaife diff might be a good addition for yours too.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    been thinking more about turbos and im starting to think a hybrid kkk isnt the way to go. possibly a gt28 with a custom manifold would be the way to go. id want to run to different maps. one with 350 bhp ish same as i run now and one for more power on track days or 1/4 miles. the manifold and down pipe isnt a issue as i build my own anyway. havnt spoke to any turbo builders yet to see what they say. most importnat thing is i can make good power to make it worth while but at same time its nce to drive on low boost

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Whatever you go for - Get an Owens developments one.. they are turbo magicians.

Then of course you need it custom mapped... Like i said before get the suspension done too You'll still get dropped by a CTR down a windy road without some suspension love!

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    whats a ctr.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    whats a ctr.
    Judging by the content of the post I am guessing Civic Type R