Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
    Whatever you go for - Get an Owens developments one.. they are turbo magicians.

Then of course you need it custom mapped... Like i said before get the suspension done too You'll still get dropped by a CTR down a windy road without some suspension love!
    Speak to Jardon, he has an Owen's Developments 19T turbo fitted to his phase II 2.3 T5 V70 and that goes very well indeed...

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AndysR For This Useful Post:

t5_monkey (Thursday 15th December 2011)

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Andy R speaks wise words..... Jardon's does 60-100 in 5.4 or something equally ridiculous, it's FAST there's vids of it lurking on here.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

4. The Following User Says Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Thursday 15th December 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I am still toying with the idea of 'making my own P3 T5' by changing the turbo remap etc on the 2.5 LPT engined version. They aren't too expensive now and you can still get one with three pedals, so I thought "why not"? But then the old P2 R thing keeps niggling...

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Easy to start with one that wont need internals etc... changing.

If you're gonna go daft you may as well go fully daft! A 600bhp celica driver told me that once.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    just sitting bord here and wondered if any has has fitted a hybrid or bigger turbo to any of the above cars. im toying with the idea of more power. 400bhp would be nice. but at same time i dont want a laggy car. dosnt matter if not a direct bolt on
    I have done a few hybrid turbos on S60R & 2.4 T5. This tends to be when we are replacing worn out or broken KKK turbos as they seem to be made of soft cheese! The gains in power and performance have always been good and you can achieve plenty of power. The limitation on the 2WD cars is grip even in the dry (rolling burnouts in 4th are fun !!) Somebody mentions Owen Developments in this thread. My experience of their turbos is of dissappointment but in fairness it has always been their hybrid of the Focus ST C30/S40/V50T5 turbo and they haven't been able to produce much over stock.

Regards,
    Hamish.
    www.hlmtuning.co.uk

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dave stew View Post
    I am still toying with the idea of 'making my own P3 T5' by changing the turbo remap etc on the 2.5 LPT engined version. They aren't too expensive now and you can still get one with three pedals, so I thought "why not"? But then the old P2 R thing keeps niggling...
    It's not an LPT engine!!!! It runs 1 bar of standard boost in the Focus ST. They just turn the boost down for the V70 therefore detuning it to 200hp.

The old S60R are nice but they do like going wrong in a spectacular fashion.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    I have done a few hybrid turbos on S60R & 2.4 T5. This tends to be when we are replacing worn out or broken KKK turbos as they seem to be made of soft cheese! The gains in power and performance have always been good and you can achieve plenty of power. The limitation on the 2WD cars is grip even in the dry (rolling burnouts in 4th are fun !!) Somebody mentions Owen Developments in this thread. My experience of their turbos is of dissappointment but in fairness it has always been their hybrid of the Focus ST C30/S40/V50T5 turbo and they haven't been able to produce much over stock.

Regards,
    Hamish.
    www.hlmtuning.co.uk
    i remember you telling me you had a hybrid on yours when i spoke to you last year when i first bought the car. the selection of off the shelf turbos is very poor. thats what made me think a gt would be better.

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hybrid will never get you THAT much more power.

I've seen reviews of 330/350 for a hybrid on the S40/Focus ST but Don reckons he's never seen over 305 with one... personally I think that if you're gonna go to all the effort you may as well put something considerably better on - like the RS turbo for the C30/V50/S40

Seen some very quick S60R's online in the USA that run 30-70 in 4.2s claming to output 400bhp on a Hybrid KKK024.

Could be mapping dependent but probably much easier to just go for a turbo with plenty of flow if you want plenty of power.

I'm still gonna rant on about getting your suspension (and a quaife diff) first though
    Last edited by t5_monkey; Friday 16th December 2011 at 18:31.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
    Hybrid will never get you THAT much more power.

I've seen reviews of 330/350 for a hybrid on the S40/Focus ST but Don reckons he's never seen over 305 with one... personally I think that if you're gonna go to all the effort you may as well put something considerably better on - like the RS turbo for the C30/V50/S40

Seen some very quick S60R's online in the USA that run 30-70 in 4.2s claming to output 400bhp on a Hybrid KKK024.

Could be mapping dependent but probably much easier to just go for a turbo with plenty of flow if you want plenty of power.

I'm still gonna rant on about getting your suspension (and a quaife diff) first though

not going to go nuts with the car, just the odd daft mod. its my everyday car and i like me comfort and refinement so dont want to do mods that take that away. ive almost got the turbo to head flange drawn up on cad and ive got some 13.5mm stainless so can get some flanges cut.

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    So, will you be offering these manifolds to vpcuk members?
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    So, will you be offering these manifolds to vpcuk members?
    tobe honest it hasnt even crossed mind. if there was some intrest then id prob consider building a few extra.

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    tobe honest it hasnt even crossed mind. if there was some intrest then id prob consider building a few extra.
    I'd be interested, especially if it had an external wastegate take off
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

Thread Information