Join Today
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    This user has no status

Thanks

t5r engin upgades and mods where to start

im not sure if its valve stem seals or piston rings that are on the way out lots of blue smoke with winter here im gona take it of the road and rebuilt the engin what upgrades are worth doing are wheres the best place to get the bit s i no iv been told to upgrade the conrods are the standerd pistons ok and with the head is it worth geting cams haveing the head polished ported was thinkin of geting a 19t turbo if eney 1 can help and the best route to go down and where to get the bits would be a big help and what bhp you can get

mods so far blue injectors hlm304ecu 16t turbo full stanlees decat exhaulst rip bleed valve some sort of air filter i whant to get a bsm airfilter manual boost controler and a forge blanking plate for the turbo and a upgrade intake pipe il get theys bits ordered over the next few weeks the bsm air filter where can i order 1 from

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    it really does depend how far you want to go. Standard pistons are good for 400-450bhp. NA cams are said to be an upgrade although no-one seems to have any numbers. I'd look at ME7 exhaust manifold (or even better a S60R) to swop while your changing the turbo. The heads are said to respond well to being ported & polished. 960throttle body also helps remove the lag you'll get from the 19t. Conrods LINK

3. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

volvo850t5r (Sunday 11th December 2011)

Just cant keep away from the
    Ovlovs lol
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    it really does depend how far you want to go. Standard pistons are good for 400-450bhp. NA cams are said to be an upgrade although no-one seems to have any numbers. I'd look at ME7 exhaust manifold (or even better a S60R) to swop while your changing the turbo. The heads are said to respond well to being ported & polished. 960throttle body also helps remove the lag you'll get from the 19t. Conrods LINK
    haha your looking at the same rods as me...and like fandango says it all depends and how much time and money you want to put into it, vivaperformance.com do a hell of a lot of upgrades for the volvos.....but aint cheap!
    Back with a 1997 S70 T5 SE

This user has no status

Thanks
    have a chat to tim williams.....tried the rest he's the best... and most of the better info you'll get nowadays from the volvo scene is because he's tried and tested it.....
    p.s THS rods (find on ebay)are the ones most of us have used so far and come with the arp bolts at no extra £30 cost as per the link
    Last edited by volvolised; Sunday 11th December 2011 at 17:19.

This user has no status

Thanks
    is it possable to get 400bhp out of a t5r engin if so is it sereos money im gona do it bit by bit over the winter and proberly alot of hours in work to pay for it

Just cant keep away from the
    Ovlovs lol
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo850t5r View Post
    is it possable to get 400bhp out of a t5r engin if so is it sereos money im gona do it bit by bit over the winter and proberly alot of hours in work to pay for it
    cant see you needing too much to get 400 bhp, sure someone on here has a 360bhp t5r??
    Back with a 1997 S70 T5 SE

Thanks
    with enough money yes, RT mechanics car must be over 600bhp by now (591bhp at last count) & this one is said to be around 1000bhp

1/4mile in 10.28@232kph

This user has no status

Thanks
    you dont need 400 bhp on a fwd car get good suspension, anti roll bars ,stiffen the chassis up, and decent brakes ..325bhp odd with the volvo's exceptional mid range will piff ALOT of cars off..rods are a must...Pppplease speak to tim he Will check out your car and put you in the right place..he does all the headwork and porting nescessary..

This user has no status

Thanks
    with enough money yes, RT mechanics car must be over 600bhp by now (591bhp at last count) & this one is said to be around 1000bhp

1/4mile in 10.28@232kph
    ha ha !! rt's.......

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvolised View Post
    ha ha !! rt's.......
    i'm lost?

This user has no status

Thanks
    i'm lost?
    no worries, we'll leave it here to not start up any old rifts o.k.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to volvolised For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Sunday 11th December 2011)

This user has no status

Thanks
    i bet that gos well 1000bhp thats mad and a lot of money i bet i think if i could get it to400bhp id be happey with that its bad enfof now being front wheel drive looks like im gona have to start collecting all the bit now im geting some ideas where can u get the bsm air filters from i like the look of can seem to find where to by 1 from is my 16t turbo worth much it pull well seems to be in good condishon just gota find a 19t now

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvolised View Post
    no worries, we'll leave it here to not start up any old rifts o.k.
    good call

Thanks
    i bet that gos well 1000bhp thats mad and a lot of money i bet i think if i could get it to400bhp id be happey with that its bad enfof now being front wheel drive looks like im gona have to start collecting all the bit now im geting some ideas where can u get the bsm air filters from i like the look of can seem to find where to by 1 from is my 16t turbo worth much it pull well seems to be in good condishon just gota find a 19t now
    engines said of cost £45000. If your target is 400bhp your going to need to go for a Garrett instead of a 19t

This user has no status

Thanks
    what and where what model do you need a costom manafold to fit the garrett what sort of money what about the exhalst downpipe

This user has no status

Thanks
    engines said of cost £45000. If your target is 400bhp your going to need to go for a Garrett instead of a 19t
    totaly agree on that ped the 19 or 18T are pushing every mod concievable (headwork,porting,exhausts, and fuelling) and thts just tohit 350 bhp and then there's the mapping but even the garrett needs a good map and especially the rods and the list goes on...

Blah Blah Blah!
    Thanks
    Mine uses a Garrett, the complete engine must have cost about £3000+ and my target is 400bhp

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Volvostorm For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Sunday 11th December 2011)

Thanks
    what and where what model do you need a costom manafold to fit the garrett what sort of money what about the exhalst downpipe
    i'm sure Pault5estate is running a Garrett so be better to help with whats involved in fitting. I'm sure they use the original manifold is modified to fit the turbo

This user has no status

Thanks
    where would be the best plase for me to stat is it worth geting all the bits i need before the engins striped down then go from ther i could do with doing a list of what i need to get

This user has no status

Thanks
    about to sign off but as i said speak to someone who does this day in day out ...

Thread Information