hi all again, i've yet another technical question for you all as you've been so helpful so far ! yesterday i noticed a puff of smoke coming from under the bonnet after pulling off the motorway, on removing the spark plug cover i found a hole in the top between the third and fourth plug on the right hand side. it was full of oil and appeared to be leaking. it looked like it should have a cap on it or be blanked off. i have checked the haynes manual and it doesn't show it. i even went down to volvo and spoke to a technician who has removed a lot of these heads and he has never seen this before !!! he suggested replacing the rubber ring on the oil filler cap as they go hard and can let oil past but that still doesn't explain what the hole is. it doesn't even appear on volvos computer. please can anyone help, i'm beginning to think that i've bought a lemon and also since then the lights are going on the dashboard, is it true you have to remove the top of the dashboard to get to the binnacle?
thanks very much, Richard.