Thread: 740/760 turbo

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    that vid is nice but a redblock would be better though lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    hiya mate

Iv got a 940 estate. same year, colour, engine etc as smithys but as i said just an estate. Its completely stripped with just the 2 front seats, soon to be plastic buckets.

It goes like FU(K when it boost properly and iv got grip! Wasn't boosting properly but just cleaned the MAF and the 1st run was a success. Id say im about 30-40% through my tuning plans.

So far its got, Ebay intercooler and 3" hard pipes, 960 throttle, 740 turbo and head and cam, mbc, fpr, 3" exhaust and cut springs running 14psi. Iv got a 19t and VXR injectors to fit and going to do a clutch upgrade soon. With the new turbo/injectors and the boost wacked up t0 24psi il definately have over 250break at the wheels. with a new cam and chip im hoping for well over 300 at the wheels.

You can ask emlyn AKA the flying moose how well it goes when it boost ok!!! It will pull away from his T5r noticable which as im sure your aware has 240 bhp. And that was me only running 14psi, with the setup iv got i could run 17/18psi.

Id like to thank Smithy as he is my guru of 940 tuning!!

I think its great fun. I had a evo 6 before with 366bhp so it obviously doesn't handle as well or it isnt as fast YET. I love the looks i get whilst driving! It has the hks backbox on it that i took of an evo 4 i owned before the 6. People just shake there head at me but then i laugh when i see them getting smaller in my rear view mirror!! Plus my bird hates it which is always a bonus!

My plan is to start drifting it next year at the pod hence why i stripped it. I cant wait intil i fit a hydro handbrake next year, its gona be soo much fun!

All the best

Joe

Thread Information