Join Today

Thread: dump valve

This user has no status
    Thanks

dump valve

i know dump valves are not to everyones taste but iv been trying to get one for my d5,but no joy.does anyone know if and were i can get hold of one from??.

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    you can't fit a dump valve to a diesel

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    vag cars have had dump valves

Just cant keep away from the
    Ovlovs lol
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5frankie View Post
    vag cars have had dump valves
    thats true i had a dump valve on my VW Golf 1.9TDi
    Back with a 1997 S70 T5 SE

5. The Following User Says Thank You to daza-b For This Useful Post:

T5frankie (Thursday 17th November 2011)

I might act crazy but i don't
    smoke crack

Thanks
    Dump valves themselves are universal. easiest thing to do is buy one from forge or Bailey then measure the internal diameter of the intake pipe you where you want to put it and buy a dump valve fitting kit from the likes of www.autosiliconehoses.com and just cut into the standard hose and jubilee clip it in place job done.
    Currently driving a BMW 318 because it was cheap

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    Course you can, it's simple, just differet cos' a derv has no throttle body. To work the dump valve you need to tap into a vac pipe and fit a vac solonoid to your tapped off vac pipe, then fit the vac pipe coming from your solonoid to the vac side of the dv... You then need to wire a normally open switch to the vac solonoid, and place it usually on the injector pump, where the butterfly will hit it as you let off closing the switch, opening the vac solonoid therefor opening the dv and giving you that gay ptssssssss that we all seem to like for some reason... I'm guilty of it too. If it's a commonrail derv system it's the same but cos' there is no injector pump, and often no throttle cable, you put the switch so the accelorator pedal hits it upon return. Hope this has cleared that one up.
    Last edited by tim15888; Saturday 3rd December 2011 at 01:22.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tim15888 For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Saturday 3rd December 2011)

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tim15888 View Post
    Course you can, it's simple, just differet cos' a derv has no throttle body. To work the dump valve you need to tap into a vac pipe and fit a vac solonoid to your tapped off vac pipe, then fit the vac pipe coming from your solonoid to the vac side of the dv... You then need to wire a normally open switch to the vac solonoid, and place it usually on the injector pump, where the butterfly will hit it as you let off closing the switch, opening the vac solonoid therefor opening the dv and giving you that gay ptssssssss that we all seem to like for some reason... I'm guilty of it too. If it's a commonrail derv system it's the same but cos' there is no injector pump, and often no throttle cable, you put the switch so the accelorator pedal hits it upon return. Hope this has cleared that one up.
    last i'd heard it wasn't possible, but i suppose where theirs a Halfords theirs a way lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Haha, it's possible, just not via the conventional method. Easy on cars with an injector pump but a little more complex with comon rail systems as they are usually totally electronic with no throttle cable, and therefor nothing under the bonnet that moves with the throttle. In this case you would need to place the switch so it is struck by the pedal itself as it returns. Do you get what I mean? You need a switch linked to a vac solonoid which tapped off any other vac pipe under the bonnet to the vac side of the dump valve. Basically it works similar but you are controlling the vacuum that opens the valve electronically...

Thread Information