Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remap

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Yea it's self levellers mate, they're not out special, just a strongly pre-loaded shocker that is set to sit at a certain place. No wires or pipes going too them. They look like normal ones but they have a gator over the ram, and are bigger that's all. Mine eats R32's aswell from 50, and keeps up with them off them mark (in the dry) To be honest the golf Gti's are almost as quick as an R32 off the line in the real world, had do's with a few of them with their 210bhp and not been all that far behind me up to 60. Maybe a car and a half or so, an Astra VXR was a car behind me last time I had a do with one of them. I'm pretty sure that when mine is running right it must be over 250, as it's way faster than the dealer specs of 6.9 to 60. I've timed it at 5.7 before now, and broken 6 seconds loads of times.

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tim15888 View Post
    Yea it's self levellers mate, they're not out special, just a strongly pre-loaded shocker that is set to sit at a certain place. No wires or pipes going too them. They look like normal ones but they have a gator over the ram, and are bigger that's all. Mine eats R32's aswell from 50, and keeps up with them off them mark (in the dry) To be honest the golf Gti's are almost as quick as an R32 off the line in the real world, had do's with a few of them with their 210bhp and not been all that far behind me up to 60. Maybe a car and a half or so, an Astra VXR was a car behind me last time I had a do with one of them. I'm pretty sure that when mine is running right it must be over 250, as it's way faster than the dealer specs of 6.9 to 60. I've timed it at 5.7 before now, and broken 6 seconds loads of times.
    Oh, ok, that would explain the way it dealt with 3 storage heaters, a back boiler and some lead a while ago! If yours if Phase 2, it's 247 bhp standard. Better fuel filter, air filter, slightly tweaked waste gate (not a lot) and tyres will give you the 6 second breaking time, no probs.
    Had a play with a heavily chavved corsa the other day, to give the baseball cap wearing, spotty tw@t his dues, it was as quick as an R32, up to 70 but I had him bouncing off his limiter while I was still at the fun end of 4th () and he destroyed me round a roundabout. When I pulled up next to him at a set of lights, (as previously mentioned by T5monkey) I wound my window down and asked "did you leave your handbrake on?"
    He wasn't happy!
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hahaha, had plenty of do's like that with chavved up cars. Mine is a late phase 1, fly by wire shagger, with really really **** tyres on it, budget all the way haha.

I hate storage heaters, we had a contract going at work a couple of years ago servicing them.... Propper boring cos' doing hundreds in a day and there's nothing to the sh1itters that makes them remotely interesting!

Thanks
    Hahaha, had plenty of do's like that with chavved up cars. Mine is a late phase 1, fly by wire shagger, with really really **** tyres on it, budget all the way haha.

I hate storage heaters, we had a contract going at work a couple of years ago servicing them.... Propper boring cos' doing hundreds in a day and there's nothing to the sh1itters that makes them remotely interesting!
    and the old storage heaters have asbestos in them!

Late phase 1? that shouldn't be over 230bhp, u sure about the map? AFIK the p1 V70R had less than 250bhp...

Just re-read the "fly by wire" bit, poss 247...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    It's a 1999, 240bhp standard. Go on my profile, I have some pics of it, amongst other ****e. I have a bleed valve and a decat too which would explain it having about 10-15bhp more than if it didn't have them on, you can't turn the bleed valve up much without it running too lean and the knock sensor backing the throttle off... so it's a waste of time really. I recon it must have about 250+ when it's running right and sets itself up cos' it's very noticable the difference. Feels slow as ££££ when it's bee reset.

Thanks
    Fly by wire is almost definitely ME7 which monitors boost and adjusts things to suit. As you say, little tweeks work, a bit, but without the remap, it won't let you do much without jumping up and down on the performance. I gotta powerflow air cone on mine and it gives me only a bit more ooomph but the noise is awesome.... BBBWWWAAARRRRR - SSSHHUUUSS

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Yea they do, you can't trick the ECU that much on these cos' the ECU measures a lot of peramiters...

I had a k&n cone on mine, but it caused me to go through about 7 MAFs due to it sucking hot air from under the bonnet once stuck in traffic and on occasions actually melting the glue that holds it together. I took it off in favour of a K&N pael filter which gives a bit of induction rarrrrrrrr but not as much as as the cone, but doesn't fu*k the mafs up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tim15888 For This Useful Post:

MoleT-5R (Friday 25th November 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Checking if my sig works...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Yeyyy it does. Pretty crap pic really. Will change it for a more current one when I get the shagger washed

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martinrpeachey View Post
    Standard, it's 247bhp, wouldn't like to estimate what it is, there's so many conflicting opinions but it destroys a golf R32 between 50 and, ummmm +10% of the national speed limit
    My 'RIP' C70 T5 was mapped by HLM tuning in Bromsgrove. A generally good experience. 240 standard taken to 270 odd. Mine didn't exactly destroy R32's but it was def faster in every situation I had an experience with (3 or 4 instances). If that's the case with yours then I would say that's a pretty decent place to be and maybe a place you should be happy being in unless you want to go mad..

Regards. SteveRuss

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Mine is only running just under 240 according to dyno run, and beats R32's. To be honest when I did the run I did have a few issues with running etc and I had just reset the ecu which never lets it run right for about 100mile or so until it sets itself back up either. Runs really flat. I've done bits and bobs to mine that should really give it 10-15bhp extra than standard so when it is running right I would think it would be about 255-ish. Also surprizingly, the C70 is a hevier car than V70, the C70 cab much hevier still. Can't wait for mine to be mapped up. Getting it done soon as I can.

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    C70 coupe (97-06) according to my knowedge is 1450 KG.

http://www.cuddles.abelgratis.net/volvo.htm

Your is maginally lighter by 35KG - so all I need do is take out the spare wheel.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Haha, may be getting confused with the convirtable then. That's about 1890kg I think. I probably carry about 150kg of stereo around anyway lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hamish did my remap the other day, running about 260bhp with 370nm of torque. Not added a whole lot on the figs really, but what a difference!

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mine is only running just under 240 according to dyno run, and beats R32's. To be honest when I did the run I did have a few issues with running etc and I had just reset the ecu which never lets it run right for about 100mile or so until it sets itself back up either. Runs really flat. I've done bits and bobs to mine that should really give it 10-15bhp extra than standard so when it is running right I would think it would be about 255-ish. Also surprizingly, the C70 is a hevier car than V70, the C70 cab much hevier still. Can't wait for mine to be mapped up. Getting it done soon as I can.
    To be fair, a melting galcier could probs beat an R32 there's vids of them hardly outpulling a 2.5T 200bhp S60!

Still good feeling and bet urs is quick with the remap.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

This user has no status
    Thanks
    On paper I was expecting a bit more, but wasn't expecting it to feel as different as it does. Not managed to test it really, had a bit of a do with a bike down dual carrageway before but neither of us could propper go for it cos' it's facking snowing! Had a do with a bmw 330i the night I got it done and took the piss out of that, but used to beat them anyway. When I was going onto the dual carrageway the other night up the slip road in the rain, I floored it in third from anout 50, and at about 60 when the boost kicked it it just span the wheels. Boosting at 1.1bar now, and it all comes at once lol. Done nothing but rain and snow scince I got it done

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    On paper I was expecting a bit more, but wasn't expecting it to feel as different as it does. Not managed to test it really, had a bit of a do with a bike down dual carrageway before but neither of us could propper go for it cos' it's facking snowing! Had a do with a bmw 330i the night I got it done and took the piss out of that, but used to beat them anyway. When I was going onto the dual carrageway the other night up the slip road in the rain, I floored it in third from anout 50, and at about 60 when the boost kicked it it just span the wheels. Boosting at 1.1bar now, and it all comes at once lol. Done nothing but rain and snow scince I got it done

Sod the fig's mate it's how it get's down the road, if you want high bhp fig's then look up your local Maha RR sure they can help you out

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

This user has no status

Thanks
    Yeah. It's really how it puts it down on the road. I remapped my Audi A4 3.0Tdi the other day which was 203 standard and apparently you get 240'something.. Although that's a reasonable increase, it's more the way the thing drives now that makes all the difference. It's much smoother through the rev range which reminded me of how I felt when I got the C70 done.

For some reason, second gear is the gear that felt the most different on both cars. Lots more boost although the Tdi runs out around 4.5k which is taking some getting used to..

If Hamish gave you a figure of 260, did he road roll it before? I remember a bunch of lads from one of these forums (probably this one) doing a rolling road day. One of the 240 standard C70 T5's got 217bhp which is a reasonable drop. That said, high mileage and poor servicing combined with the inevitable worn parts is going to do that to us.
    Last edited by SteveRuss; Monday 12th December 2011 at 16:41.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRuss View Post
    Yeah. It's really how it puts it down on the road. I remapped my Audi A4 3.0Tdi the other day which was 203 standard and apparently you get 240'something.. Although that's a reasonable increase, it's more the way the thing drives now that makes all the difference. It's much smoother through the rev range which reminded me of how I felt when I got the C70 done.

For some reason, second gear is the gear that felt the most different on both cars. Lots more boost although the Tdi runs out around 4.5k which is taking some getting used to..

If Hamish gave you a figure of 260, did he road roll it before? I remember a bunch of lads from one of these forums (probably this one) doing a rolling road day. One of the 240 standard C70 T5's got 217bhp which is a reasonable drop. That said, high mileage and poor servicing combined with the inevitable worn parts is going to do that to us.
    Cars don't drop over milage as much as people think. They only really drop if there is something actually wrong somewhere, or they have been run without oil or something in the past. Mine was about 235 before the run, and has done almost 190k. Unfortunately I've realized a problem with my car scince the remap though, only noticed it today as I gave it some from the lights cos' I found a dry patch. It's crap in 1st, as though it isn't boosting propperly. Mint in 2nd etc. Thinking there could be a problem with the fuel pump, as kaining a car in 1st is where the fuel pump is having to work hardest...

This user has no status

Thanks
    Cars don't drop over milage as much as people think. They only really drop if there is something actually wrong somewhere, or they have been run without oil or something in the past. Mine was about 235 before the run, and has done almost 190k. Unfortunately I've realized a problem with my car scince the remap though, only noticed it today as I gave it some from the lights cos' I found a dry patch. It's crap in 1st, as though it isn't boosting propperly. Mint in 2nd etc. Thinking there could be a problem with the fuel pump, as kaining a car in 1st is where the fuel pump is having to work hardest...
    There are too many variables to an engine's wear that could lower the measurable power output to be too general about how much wear and tear might affect that output. Well loved and well serviced would def give it a better chance of maintaining it's original performance..!

Your first gear is fine. I wrote a reply in your other thread...

Thread Information