Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remap

This user has no status
    Thanks

Remap

Does anyone know of anyone who has experiance of mapping T5's? Preferably in the North West and not too expensive! It's a late P1 fly by wire. I've been onto two local mobile remap guys and both told me that my car has a rare ECU which the police ordered when the origionally bought it, and that a remap on it can't be done, but I don't believe them and would like more poke. It has a 16T turbo with a few mods here and there, not sure what power I'm running at the moment but will hopefully find out in the near futere when I take it to the local rolling road.

Thanks, Tim.

Just cant keep away from the
    Ovlovs lol
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tim15888 View Post
    Does anyone know of anyone who has experiance of mapping T5's? Preferably in the North West and not too expensive! It's a late P1 fly by wire. I've been onto two local mobile remap guys and both told me that my car has a rare ECU which the police ordered when the origionally bought it, and that a remap on it can't be done, but I don't believe them and would like more poke. It has a 16T turbo with a few mods here and there, not sure what power I'm running at the moment but will hopefully find out in the near futere when I take it to the local rolling road.

Thanks, Tim.
    is it ex police? because what i have heard about ex plod t5s is that they have an uprated ecu anyway
    Back with a 1997 S70 T5 SE

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Yea that's what I mean. Most of them don't but some do. Mainly armed response and ambulance ones to cope with the extra weight. I want someone who can map it a bit further if possible.

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Some companies will take your ecu out, bugger about with it and put it back. Your thread has me worried now, mine's ex-plod and has quite a nice map on it already but I too was thinking about a remap...
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Do you know what ind of power it's putting out? Was it on Armed response?

Thanks
    Do you know what ind of power it's putting out? Was it on Armed response?
    No, Traffic car. Main stealer says it has a 850R style overboost when you stamp the loud pedal. Ecu software was updated when I had the DIM changed and I thought I lost the plod map but now it's come back with a vengeance.

Standard, it's 247bhp, wouldn't like to estimate what it is, there's so many conflicting opinions but it destroys a golf R32 between 50 and, ummmm +10% of the national speed limit

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Who updated the software? Still not up on the short hand but what's DIM short for lol?

Thanks
    Who updated the software? Still not up on the short hand but what's DIM short for lol?
    Drivers Information Module or speedo to us normal people. ONLY a Volvo dealership can replace and recode it. They plumb your car in and reset codes, warnings etc while they're at it. Bloody good thing too since it cost me £735!

Been ranting about the DIM thing for some time now - still all bitter and twisted about it!
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37519

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martinrpeachey View Post
    Drivers Information Module or speedo to us normal people. ONLY a Volvo dealership can replace and recode it. They plumb your car in and reset codes, warnings etc while they're at it. Bloody good thing too since it cost me £735!

Been ranting about the DIM thing for some time now - still all bitter and twisted about it!
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37519
    Don't panic the Police have never used remaped T5's and FYI we are NOT a Volvo Dealership and we CAN reprogramme your DIM and any other Module using our VIDA and we a usually alot cheaper than the dealers.

Regards,
    Hamish.
    www.hlmtuning.co.uk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathlm View Post
    Don't panic the Police have never used remaped T5's and FYI we are NOT a Volvo Dealership and we CAN reprogramme your DIM and any other Module using our VIDA and we a usually alot cheaper than the dealers.

Regards,
    Hamish.
    www.hlmtuning.co.uk
    What's a remap gonna cost me then Nat?

The stealership were convinced somethin had been done to my car, I'm happy to believe someone who knows but it doesn't react like they reckon it should, much more aggressive apparently.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathlm View Post

Regards,
    Hamish.
    www.hlmtuning.co.uk
    That's what I was told by my mate who breaks Volvo's and has had loads of them,.. till he drove mine. It says something about performance enhancement in the paper work aswell apparently but I never picked it up when I bought the car off my boss who scoured the country for the one with this particular ECU on it and ended up going to a place in Birmingham for it. Not sure on the full story but it's supposed to be either 265 or 280bhp rather than 240, can't remember which one though. In my eperiance it's always been noticably quicker than every other T5 I've ever raced even before the mods I put on. It was an armed response car with Kevlar bullet proofing in its day so would have weighed the same as a small church...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Can you do re-maps by the way? I've got pics of the inside of my ECU if that helps...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    im gay

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tim15888 For This Useful Post:

danny-R (Tuesday 15th November 2011),T5frankie (Tuesday 15th November 2011),wegal (Tuesday 15th November 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    ^ Really need to stop leaving VPCUK on in arms liength of the Mrs when I go for a p1ss.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Too funny :-)

Thanks
    That's what I was told by my mate who breaks Volvo's and has had loads of them,.. till he drove mine. It says something about performance enhancement in the paper work aswell apparently but I never picked it up when I bought the car off my boss who scoured the country for the one with this particular ECU on it and ended up going to a place in Birmingham for it. Not sure on the full story but it's supposed to be either 265 or 280bhp rather than 240, can't remember which one though. In my eperiance it's always been noticably quicker than every other T5 I've ever raced even before the mods I put on. It was an armed response car with Kevlar bullet proofing in its day so would have weighed the same as a small church...
    There was a bit ox excitement at the main stealer when they first had a look at mine. I also have a rather vague service/mod sheet from Liecestershire plod listing repairs and alterations and there a re 2 entrys, 3 weeks apart simply saying "engine modify" Got brown injectors too.

im gay
    LOL
    ^ Really need to stop leaving VPCUK on in arms liength of the Mrs when I go for a p1ss.
    Wait till she leaves her facebook page unguarded

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

18. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

tim15888 (Thursday 24th November 2011)

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    im gay
    Hilarious

Theres loads of rumours going around about police modifying there cars, but theres so many different forces who knows.

I thought it was mainly brakes, suspension, alternators, that type of thing.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

Thanks
    Mine's gotta lift kit too - sits there with her arse in the air like a horny cat!

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Haha, they do have self levellers on the back which makes them look like a female cat on heat, but I took mine off when lowered it. I can now seem to clear up that Hamish is correct, and it is a myth that plod cars are chipped. Went to the rolling road today to get a remap done, which couldn't be done for various reasons until either I get a new ECU or go all the way to Birmingham for Hamish to do it via the ODBII port, not decided which one I'm going for yet but I will decide soon as I am intent on having it done. My plod car was sold as having engine mods too by RICA but I think it was made up by the place that origeonally bought it from the Police as unfortunately RICA have never heard of my reg or chassis number. Also unfortunately when I was going to get my remap this morning, I had a missfire upon startup which knocked the engine light on, so I had to reset my ECU. Whenever I reset my ECU it runs like a bag of **** for about 100 miles until it sets itself up, today was no exception and was running like this when I got there and put it on the rollers. I partly blame this for my dissapointing 237.5bhp. It was still running like a bag of hard turds the have been run over by a steam roller, (Flat as fack), when I brought it home tonight which is a propper wind-up as I was curious to what it is really putting out when it's running right, as I have beaten alot of cars in races that I really shouldn't have....

Thanks
    Haha, they do have self levellers on the back which makes them look like a female cat on heat, but I took mine off when lowered it. I can now seem to clear up that Hamish is correct, and it is a myth that plod cars are chipped. Went to the rolling road today to get a remap done, which couldn't be done for various reasons until either I get a new ECU or go all the way to Birmingham for Hamish to do it via the ODBII port, not decided which one I'm going for yet but I will decide soon as I am intent on having it done. My plod car was sold as having engine mods too by RICA but I think it was made up by the place that origeonally bought it from the Police as unfortunately RICA have never heard of my reg or chassis number. Also unfortunately when I was going to get my remap this morning, I had a missfire upon startup which knocked the engine light on, so I had to reset my ECU. Whenever I reset my ECU it runs like a bag of **** for about 100 miles until it sets itself up, today was no exception and was running like this when I got there and put it on the rollers. I partly blame this for my dissapointing 237.5bhp. It was still running like a bag of hard turds the have been run over by a steam roller, (Flat as fack), when I brought it home tonight which is a propper wind-up as I was curious to what it is really putting out when it's running right, as I have beaten alot of cars in races that I really shouldn't have....
    Hmmm, local stealer are full of ££££? yeah I believe it to be honest. they got all excited after they had my car for a while and said that it had overboost and an aggressive map. But then, their idea of a T-5 is a 4 pot!
    Still, she humiliates golf R32s from 50 to ummmm 10% of the speed limit
    Lift kit on mine isn't self leveling shocks, no wire, and it sags (a bit) when loaded. There's a mod (I've seen it on VADIS) that lifts and strengthens the rear end. Wanna get it put back to normal tho, skips out on fast, bumpy bends...

See how high mine sits, against Porcine Aviator's car.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

Thread Information