Quote Originally Posted by martinrpeachey View Post
How much of a difference did you notice after doing the bushes? I did bushes and shocks at the same time so there was a massive difference. The old shocks had done over 180k so it's hard to say how much improvement can be attributed to the bushes.
Hmmm this is a tough one Martin.

Basically, the whole front end was very ropey on my car when I bought it. I say ropey, I just think 105k of spirited driving had taken it's toll. Originally, it was just the front drivers shock that was shot so I replaced both front shocks and carried on.

When I felt that the whole front end needed overhaul, I changed practically everything - lower arm front bushes, lower arm rear bushes, ball joints, drive shaft bolts, track rod ends.. everything!

So in reply to your question, I couldn't really gauge the difference either. However, one thing I can say is, changing your strut brace inserts + upper and lower stabiliser bushes to poly ones, you notice a difference at idle and also as the revs drop when you are letting the clutch out from stand still in first gear. This is because as engine intertia drops for that second or two, the vibrations are carried through the new bushes into the cabin. At idle, mine vibrates slightly more than before and it's noticeable when I pull off as you can feel the cabin vibrate significantly more too, but, once you're moving and normal gear changes are fine.