Join Today

Thread: Bushes

This user has no status

Thanks

Bushes

Does anyone have any experience of fitting Powerflex bushes to a V70N? I'm looking at fitting new front lower wishbone bushes, and want to know how much of a job it is before I attempt it, or decide to trust it to my local independent...

I once did the full fron set, including the ARB bushes on a Cosworth and it took me "a bit longer than expected...."

The saving grace is the front disks and pads are up for a change in the next couple of thousand miles, so it may end up at the garage anyway..

Suspended
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mat562be
    Does anyone have any experience of fitting Powerflex bushes to a V70N? I'm looking at fitting new front lower wishbone bushes, and want to know how much of a job it is before I attempt it, or decide to trust it to my local independent...

I once did the full fron set, including the ARB bushes on a Cosworth and it took me "a bit longer than expected...."

The saving grace is the front disks and pads are up for a change in the next couple of thousand miles, so it may end up at the garage anyway..
    Matt last week i had powerflex wishbone bushes done at VT in Bromsgrove, it was a £££££ to do and involved 2 hours labour, i also had new front discs and the Ferodo Ds pads too, again at VT, dont you fancy the Rica while the offers on, i'm going back Friday for mine doing.

Lawnmower Boy
    Now known as WAPAHO!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 1,162 Posts
    I didn't realise that Powerflex did other bushes for Volvo's....
    I know about the top engine stay bush...

If there are non Volvo specific bushes can some one make a list of which ones are available. I have spoken to many Powerflex re-salers and they haven't a clue....

Current Garage:
    1997 960 3.0L 24v - Polestar...(Honest guv..!!)
    1997 855 T5 S - stripped to 1300kgs gross weight - 14.2sec qtr(rank 17*)
    2001 V40 T4 SE - 14.199@100.15MPH - Hybrid Turbo/VXR injectors and DeCat(Rank 15*)
    *Data Sept 2013
    Any Stuff For Sale - check out my Ebay link

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Judge

See here http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/...oducts_id=2290

These are listed for the x70 series, not sure if they fit an 850 though.

I must admit if I was going to do this myself I would be tempted to buy the complete wishbones already bushed, would save a lot of time and swearing.......
    Swordy21

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time.
    Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
    E. B. White (1899 - 1985)
    My Location
    Done: (To date)

1998 V70 T5 CD.
    Stage 0,
    RICA ECU 310,
    ITG Pro filter,
    Volvo Strut Brace,
    J3 Stealth Boost Gauge
    Zimmerman Front (warped), Brembo Rear Rotors
    PAGID Fast Road Pads
    New Engine Top Mount Bush,
    New CV joints,
    Wobbly ABS Repair,
    PCV hose running repair

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swordy21
    Judge

See here http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/...oducts_id=2290

These are listed for the x70 series, not sure if they fit an 850 though.

I must admit if I was going to do this myself I would be tempted to buy the complete wishbones already bushed, would save a lot of time and swearing.......
    Powerflex do them for the 850's aswell, i've got them

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Me too and my 850 is much better (sharper) at for it, I personally recomend them just as much as a strut brace for sharpening up the front end

They were quite noisey to begin with and ommited an very loud squeek whenever I went over a speed bump but they are quite now.

I did the job myself and it's not hard just time consuming and dirty. Depends how confient you feel with DYI maintenance.
    1995 850 T5, Auto

MODS
    17" tethys
    BSR Induction kit
    Reverse IC
    Strutt brace
    Poly topmount
    Poly LCA bushes
    302mm Brake conversion
    Braided hoses

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Straker
    Me too and my 850 is much better (sharper) at for it, I personally recomend them just as much as a strut brace for sharpening up the front end

They were quite noisey to begin with and ommited an very loud squeek whenever I went over a speed bump but they are quite now.

I did the job myself and it's not hard just time consuming and dirty. Depends how confient you feel with DYI maintenance.
    Hi mate, I've changed the wishbone bushes on Audis and what a pain, I ended up drilling them out. The Volvos are smaller so may be easier, Haynes says leave to Volvo! How did you remove the old bushes?
    cheers Mike
    WARNING! Some of the above may be my unbiased opinion, sarcasm, or just total bo****ks.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    If you look in the knowledge/how to section I did a write up with pictures on how to change the standard ones, should be no different to swapping them to uprated ones.

Thread Information