Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,912 Times in 1,859 Posts

New S60/V60 Who's driving one?

Thought I would scope a little interest here.

Do we have any new "Phase 3" S60/V60 drivers?

Personally I dont have one but would dearly love a new R-Design V60 D5.

I have been in Adam Webbers R-Design V60 and the handling was truly biblical. I think too that the 205bhp engine could easily be fettled to nearer 250bhp and that would make an extremely fast, economical and torquey motor indeed.
    Last edited by Santa; Monday 13th May 2013 at 18:09. Reason: Had to remove the pics (sorry) Google Chrome is complaining eyezine is a distributor of malware
    Arguing is pointless....she may not be right but she's never wrong

Tell her a remap is just having your satnav updated.....

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Yes, they can be tuned to about 250 hp / 500 Nm -

http://www.rica-uk.com/viewcar.aspx?vehicle=2022

As you say, the handling is awesome, even on the FWD models. Surprises almost everyone on twisty roads!
    ======================================
    My current car: Volvo V60 D3 R-Design (Saville Grey)

Turbo-Tuner USB
    http://www.turbo-tuner.co.uk

RICA ECU Upgrades
    http://www.rica-uk.com

RICA on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/RI...77897022224267

3. The Following User Says Thank You to turbo-tuner For This Useful Post:

The Flying Moose (Wednesday 2nd November 2011)

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    I've seen a few and they are really smart.

Since it's in the Focus ST the new 2.0T will have lots of tuning options too no doubt.

Handled well when I drove one... but somehow... not as exciting as I'd hoped.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
    Handled well when I drove one... but somehow... not as exciting as I'd hoped.
    Did you drive the standard chassis or the R-Design? The R-Design is much more capable than the standard version.
    ======================================
    My current car: Volvo V60 D3 R-Design (Saville Grey)

Turbo-Tuner USB
    http://www.turbo-tuner.co.uk

RICA ECU Upgrades
    http://www.rica-uk.com

RICA on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/RI...77897022224267

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    I think it was the R-design as it was the S60 T6 .... couldn't say for sure.

Then again I'm on B8's, polybushes and eibachs so I guess not much will come out of the factory with those kind of settings.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors

I have been unfaithful to
    Volvo twice since joining this
    forum but it's only for more
    than 5 pots nuf said
    Thanks
    Im waiting for depreciation to have its wicked way as it does eventually with Volvos then I will probably get one. I have driven the S60 D3 and D5 Auto and was impressed but would have to have a manual!
    2004 V50 T5 SE

"The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,912 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    Im waiting for depreciation to have its wicked way as it does eventually with Volvos then I will probably get one. I have driven the S60 D3 and D5 Auto and was impressed but would have to have a manual!
    Im thinking the same too Lance, I think ill wait around three years and then take the plunge. I think a three year old high end R-Design D5 will probably be around 10k by then.
    Arguing is pointless....she may not be right but she's never wrong

Tell her a remap is just having your satnav updated.....

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    yeah great cars......unless you have big feet like me unfortunately :-(.......will probably settle for a V70 R-Design in the new year.
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    T6 will depreciate like a Eurofighter in an Afterburner nosedive.... will make a great used buy in 3 years time.

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    I'm a bit torn - I like the C70 folding hard top but the new S60 is very lovely.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

No replacement for
    displacement!
    Thanks
    I was lucky enough to attend the one of the Naughty S60 launch events as a guest. I was a passenger in the new S60 and in a Plod V70 D5 pursuit car. I left with the distinct desire to get my hands on an ex-plod V70 D5; quick for a diesel, great brakes and brilliant handling IMHO explained to me as because the suspension is all uprated and comes off it's own production line. S60 was just too small for me and not a patch on a modded S60R.

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    TBH, If I ditched/sold/broke the big sweed, It would have to be for something as big and as fast as I have now. This leaves me with few options. The 60 looks nice but stinks of mondeo too much for my liking, the T6 (T5 replacement) only comes in auto and just doesn't have the attraction. New V70 looks good but unless they come up with a propper R or something as exciting as a T5 (pref RWD) then I will probably hit 300k in the big sweed and be happy.
    I feel better now.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Sunday 4th December 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I drove the V60 D5 R-Design in Sweden back in April with Polestar also fitted to it. Tbh it was nice to drive and handled well.

Also drove two S60 T6's. One with Polestar, one without. Definitely enjoyed that, even made me consider not getting another C30 next March
    VOC C30 Register Keeper
    V70 R-Design - Previous Cars - 305bhp C30 R-Design T5 - V40 - XC90 D5 SE Lux - MY10.5 C30 R-Design - S80 T6 - C30 R-Design MY09 - S80 T6 - S90 3.0 24v - 760 Turbo Intercooler & V6

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    I'm with Martin on this debate. The V60 awd R-design is an awesome looking car especially in Sapphire Black metallic. It does stink of Mondeo and for that reason...i'm out!

...However, if i ever sold my R and/or decided to change cos i got bored (yeah right!!!) then it would have to be a black V60 awd R-design with every conscievable extra and then i would lower it, Remap, exhaust. It still wouldn't be an R....Shame.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Sunday 4th December 2011)

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    i was in the same Naughty Volvo session as Lance at Bruntingthorpe as was very impressed with it, think it was the D3 we used but still nippy & handling was amazing. Been told John Cleland helped set with the suspension

This user has no status

Thanks
    I received my S60 D5 R-Design in Rebel blue on the 1st May, and i absolutely love it! It's got 821 miles and is averaging 39.5 mpg. I haven't been on long journey's, just round the doors until i get back to work tomorrow

I am trying to find someone who can remap it in the North East, i.e Darlington area. The handling is spot on, i had an Insignia 160 CDTi with the 20" alloys, it used to tramline terribly to point i pulled over one day thinking i had a flat tyre!

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Looking forward to the pics !!

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatikid View Post
    I received my S60 D5 R-Design in Rebel blue on the 1st May, and i absolutely love it! It's got 821 miles and is averaging 39.5 mpg. I haven't been on long journey's, just round the doors until i get back to work tomorrow

I am trying to find someone who can remap it in the North East, i.e Darlington area. The handling is spot on, i had an Insignia 160 CDTi with the 20" alloys, it used to tramline terribly to point i pulled over one day thinking i had a flat tyre!
    theres td tuning around the houghton area. not sure how good they are. they seem to have a good name though. if was me with a motor of that value id be willing to travel and would prob head to shark perfromance for a custom map. they have a device that can removet the and install the map when ever you put car in for service

This user has no status

Thanks
    Here you go, only one at the moment! Only problem is that the birds round here have an aversion to dumping all over it!
    Name:  HTC 1020.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  23.5 KB

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    need bigger photo. Very nice. Perhaps I should paint mine polestar blue?
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

Thread Information