Join Today
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nosh View Post
    Hi there,
    i have an s40 t5 geartronic & have done loads of stuff to it, new hybrid turbo / bigger injectors / uprated fuel pump / bigger intercooler / massive cci air intake system / full stainless exhaust / sports cat / the list goes on & i still aint finished,
    in response to the statement that you make about HML well what can i say, i also spoke to Hamish regarding a remap on my car and what power etc i was looking for and my reply was "its impossible you could never get that from your car put it back to standard" well MR HAMISH my car is now 354bhp & 418lb torque through the front end...so i now beg to differ!!!!
    (remapped professionaly by a very clever man who wrote the map himself & it was his first volvo too)
    i would say that hamish thinks he knows everything about volvos but obviously not!!!
    my next upgrade is engine internals, a tweet on the remap & then looking for 450bhp & 500+ torque...
    p.s will be showing my car next year if anyone fancys having a look, that includes you hamish !!!!
    Hi, I'm glad to see someone else who has had the pleasure and helpfulness of a phone call to Hamish.

Your car sounds a beast. Who mapped it in the end? About the autobox, who really cares what it can take, worry about that when it breaks!! As for the cylinders cracking, there are so many scare stories going around but also many people who run big bhp with no problems. It must be pot luck!!??
    Grey 855R Manual. Totally standard.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mitchyboy01 For This Useful Post:

nosh (Tuesday 29th November 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Mitch probably no help but i used powerflow for an exhaust on a jap import prelude vtec and would not use them again but keep looking there are loads of companys now doing custom stainless systems to your own design.Good luck with the build mate.
    And on the Hamish case i am new to Volvo's but your experiences with him would not put me off useing them you need to judge for yourself imo but i wont phone up ill pop in to see him i would rather be told that im a f*£king idiot in person.
    Tony. =̃.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jotter22 View Post
    Mitch probably no help but i used powerflow for an exhaust on a jap import prelude vtec and would not use them again but keep looking there are loads of companys now doing custom stainless systems to your own design.Good luck with the build mate.
    And on the Hamish case i am new to Volvo's but your experiences with him would not put me off useing them you need to judge for yourself imo but i wont phone up ill pop in to see him i would rather be told that im a f*£king idiot in person.
    Tony. =̃.
    Thanks Tony. The main reason Powerflow is being considered is because they are so close to me (5miles). My car will need to be trailered to get the system done and trailered back which will obv cost me less than getting it trailered an extra 35 miles to the next place.

As for Hamish I'd rather not talk about him anymore. He didn't tell me I was an idiot but he spoke to me like one. I don't know the bloke, he may be ok but I'm just going from my own experience and what I've read on recent threads. Oh and there is no way I'm wasting fuel to drive to Bromsgrove when I can be told over the phone, much cheaper and quicker lol

Thanks Mitch.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Engine is hopefully going in tomorrow or Tuesday. With any luck I'll get it booked in for exhaust at end of the week.

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchyboy01 View Post
    Thanks Tony. The main reason Powerflow is being considered is because they are so close to me (5miles). My car will need to be trailered to get the system done and trailered back which will obv cost me less than getting it trailered an extra 35 miles to the next place
    Volvo fitted my turbo & downpipe for me, but hadn't got the equipment to make & pipe & connect to the backbox so i drove it Powerflow. When the main stealer handed me the keys back they warned me it was a bit loud lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee7Ws33xrB0[/ame]
    Last edited by p fandango; Sunday 27th November 2011 at 16:08.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Are Powerflow cheaper? I've been quoted 720-800 from a very reputable company called Powerspeed Ashford. Power flow said they need the car to give a quote??

Thanks
    Are Powerflow cheaper? I've been quoted 720-800 from a very reputable company called Powerspeed Ashford. Power flow said they need the car to give a quote??
    Powerspeed sponsor my friends 850 trackday car. Again with Powerflow it varies between who you see let alone differences between branches, they've always gave me impressive prices but i have had quite a bit of work done by them. Personally i'd be very surprised if they can't beat your previous quote, also don't forget to check your happy with jobs they've already done if you do go & pop in

This user has no status
    Thanks
    My Honda cost me £450 about 4 years ago and like i said i wont be going back anytime soon.

Tony.

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    Volvo fitted my turbo & downpipe for me, but hadn't got the equipment to make & pipe & connect to the backbox so i drove it Powerflow. When the main stealer handed me the keys back they warned me it was a bit loud lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee7Ws33xrB0
    didn't used to look too bad mate, lol same colour as my 2.0 glt and about as quick

11. The Following User Says Thank You to T5frankie For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Sunday 27th November 2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5frankie View Post
    didn't used to look too bad mate, lol same colour as my 2.0 glt and about as quick
    a few people have asked "why did i do it?" lol, have you managed to beat my old time yet?

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    a few people have asked "why did i do it?" lol, have you managed to beat my old time yet?
    don't worry mate i'll be at santa pod in january just to do that one thing

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5frankie View Post
    don't worry mate i'll be at santa pod in january just to do that one thing
    i'm aiming for March with BT, atleast you'll have 2 months to try before i set another time lol

15. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

T5frankie (Sunday 27th November 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    have posted a photo of my beast... trying to keep it fairly standard looking on the exterior "quite a shock to the boy racers who dont know what it is when i leave them eating my dust lol"
    will post some more pics in due course.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    custom remap by AET MOTORSPORT, WAKEFIELD.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quick update peeps. Engine now in the car with 850r clutch fitted. Turbo now bolted up. Drain is done. Huge custom front mount in. Down pipe flange has been laser cut. In for custom exhaust Monday. Happy days. Will get pics up later. I need my friend to weld some pipe to my comp housing as it has vband ATM. Apparently t4s lose fuel pressure above 300bhp?? So just to be safe my friend has a plan to mod the fuel system with a return with a union welded to the standard alloy rail. Sideband and boost gauge still to be fitted next week.

Mitch
    Last edited by mitchyboy01; Friday 2nd December 2011 at 13:02.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    shame yr not closer to me, i could of done you a fully mandrel bent exhaust thats fully tig welded for a lot less than the quotes youve had

Thread Information