Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Xc90 radio problems

Hi all im new to this forum so hope ive posted this in the correct area. Some assistance would be much appreciated. Ive just purchased my first xc90 and am having problems with the stereo. I have the high performance sound system and when the car is turned in it powers up and plays fine then after a couple of minutes it completely shuts down and the radio stays dead until i turn the car off and restart it. I had it looked at today by a volvo dealer who said there is no fault coming up but you need a new set and they are unrepairable as they are fibre optic units. Can any one suggest a repairer or anywhere i can purchase a used unit as i simply cannot justify the £900 price tag they have asked for. Their must be another option any suggestion would be really appreciated.

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Welcome to the club, and welcome to volvo ownership, 900 quid for a stereo, 735 quid for a speedo, 150 quid for an alarm module etc.
    Best advice I can give you is to get a third party double dim system, professionally fitted. will cost half as much as a volvo unit. Shame you can't do that with the speedo!
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Double dim is that an after market system and would it be compatible with the rear entertainment front and rear pdc and high performance sound pack as i am being told it has to be a factory unit to work the juke box

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiedom View Post
    Double dim is that an after market system and would it be compatible with the rear entertainment front and rear pdc and high performance sound pack as i am being told it has to be a factory unit to work the juke box
    Hmm, good question. Might be best to go to a car audio shop and see if they can sell you a compatible system. You gotta lot of gear hooked up in there and I wouldn't know what can and can't be swapped/spliced.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Thread Information