Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: flywheel weight

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Noooooo not a honda now there's a car with no torque.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to endo-t5 For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Tuesday 25th October 2011)

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by endo-t5 View Post
    Noooooo not a honda now there's a car with no torque.
    could you imagine a Honda with a lightened flywheel lmao

This user has no status
    Thanks
    guess I nicked a tad more weight loss on mine then mate.........but tripping back to Jardons other comment about vehicle weight loss due to loosing MOI on the transmission drive train, mine works out depending on the wheel tyre radius of a total vehicle weight loss in first gear using a standard T5 box of between 40 and 48 kg not bad from just a flywheel change in second gear its a lot lower 15 to 20 kg.

But there is more to the drive train than just the flywheel plus any weight saved here is still taken away from the total vehicle weight...........nothing really new here then
    Engineer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    guess I nicked a tad more weight loss on mine then mate.........but tripping back to Jardons other comment about vehicle weight loss due to loosing MOI on the transmission drive train, mine works out depending on the wheel tyre radius of a total vehicle weight loss in first gear using a standard T5 box of between 40 and 48 kg not bad from just a flywheel change in second gear its a lot lower 15 to 20 kg.

But there is more to the drive train than just the flywheel plus any weight saved here is still taken away from the total vehicle weight...........nothing really new here then
    you really are forcing me into getting the 3.5kg flywheel lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by endo-t5 View Post
    don't forget may spin up faster but you'll lose some torque with the lighter flywheel
    I could have misunderstood but less unwanted mass to accelerate will give more torque not less - that's why it spins up faster.
    2005 (163) V70 D5 SE Premium Pack 130k. 10" sub/Fli amp with Grom audio kit. Shark stage 1 with EGR delete and 320mm discs. Enjoying the comfort and (relative) economy.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jardon View Post
    I could have misunderstood but less unwanted mass to accelerate will give more torque not less - that's why it spins up faster.
    flywheels store inertia which may help your granny not stall her Fiesta going to Tesco's but won't help you to obtain max power period.

3.6 kg option wasn't around 2 years ago Ped.......................just make sure you don't disapear like the Wizard when you do get out on track....
    Engineer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    3.6 kg option wasn't around 2 years ago Ped.......................just make sure you don't disapear like the Wizard when you do get out on track....
    just spoke to TTV & the 3.6kg flywheel has to have a racing clutch which i don't fancy, so had to go for the 5.4kg the same as you

Thread Information