Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Still need some help,

Hi all,
    Right I've had the crank sensor replaced, vac lines replaced, temp sensor and thermostat all replaced. MAF and plugs cleaned. Running much better but still seems to hold back between gear changes when gunning it. I mean it boost up to 5k rpm change gear foot down, hesitate (more than just lag) then boost fine till next gear change. Any ideas? Actuator? how do I check and adjust this?

Cheers in advance
    Neil

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    If it's a T-5 actuator, You should be able to just about pull it with both hands. If it moves easily with one hand then it needs tightening/replacing. You can connect a bike pump to it using an inflatable toy adaptor on the actuator hose. If the actuator backs away from the rod rather than the rod moving out of the actuator, then the w/g spigot is stuck. that can be cured with a load of plusgas and a small hammer.
    Have you changed/checked the boost control solenoid?
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for the info will go and check it shortly, but where and what is the boost control solenoid?

As you can tell, I don't know much about turbo's lol

the true nut job
    Thanks
    lives on the side of the air box mate...small black with 3 pipes comeing off it hope this helps..
    who puts 300bhp in a volvo.....DONT MIND MY SMILE, THE VOICES IN MY HEAD ARE JUST TELLING DIRTY JOKES........v70R...hids..black mesh grill...17 inch R alloys..groved and drilled front and rear disc..lots bling..,k-n filter..yamaha R1-98 with nos..touring bike honda varadero xl 1000...

This user has no status

Thanks
    cheers phil, is there a way of testing it?

the true nut job
    Thanks
    not that i no mate had 2 replace mine used one of my mates t5 then got a new one from volvo thinkit was about £54..have u had the codes read mate..should be po243..
    who puts 300bhp in a volvo.....DONT MIND MY SMILE, THE VOICES IN MY HEAD ARE JUST TELLING DIRTY JOKES........v70R...hids..black mesh grill...17 inch R alloys..groved and drilled front and rear disc..lots bling..,k-n filter..yamaha R1-98 with nos..touring bike honda varadero xl 1000...

This user has no status

Thanks
    Car doesn't have any codes stored or warning light on it's just not running properly as described above.

the true nut job
    Thanks
    BCS would show up as a code..then only thing i can poss think of would be the actuator..2 bolts and its off...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    just me that thinks it sounds fuel related?
    .....sooper moose. '97 850R manual. Yum yum.

the true nut job
    Thanks
    lol...now thats a point..

This user has no status

Thanks
    When you say fuel related, what are you suggesting could be the culprit?
    Not had chance to check the actuator today so thats first job for tomorrow morning.

Cheers for all the input guys, it's much appreciated

the true nut job
    Thanks
    pump..relay..or both..fuel rail..

This user has no status
    Thanks
    That's what mine did when my MAF went, one of the times. Been through a few when I had the k&n cone filter fitted. If you've cleaned the MAF sensor with brake cleaner or whatever, and it's made it a bit better then it's probably that. What year/model is the car etc? Is is an electronic throttle body version? If it was a fuel issue, lack of pressure or whatever, you would more than likely notice it more when the turbo started blowing cos' it wouldn't be able to keep up with the air going into the engine/revs etc, and would run lean, and if it's the same as mine then the knock sensor would back the throttle off...
    Last edited by tim15888; Tuesday 22nd November 2011 at 19:46.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The other thing that it could be is the wastegate on the turbo. Spring might be weak and it might not be sealing until there is pressure behind it through the Vac pipe to hold it shut propperly. I had the problem when I first fitted a dump valve, took the vac pipe of the factory wastegate and it wouldn't boost propperly, as though it was slighly relieving itself through the wastegate...

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,155 Posts
    Fuel Pump, Fuel pressure reg, injectors or vac line to the reg

Thread Information