Join Today
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2005 v70r

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dave stew View Post
    Have you seen this site: www.v70r.com? Its American but full of useful stuff.
    I havnt been on there for years it is a good site, went a bit quite though.
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    This thread has seriously made me think of a V70R next
    Me too! Just worried about that angle gear failure...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Committed now. Picking the McV70R up on Saturday. I'll let you all know if it makes it back to Lancashire in one piece! I won't be doing anything exciting with it till I've changed all the fluids and had it up on the "New Heavy Duty Axel Stands I Must Remember To Buy" for a good inspection.

Fingers crossed. At least it "felt" ok when I drove it........

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Im sure it will be fine, i went to view it in AC in Aberdeen but it was gone, it hust wonder why its passed through so many dealers
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Well I'm NOT doing the Top Gear forensics thing with it after all this history. If it's been used to sell drugs, get dead bodies across borders, conceive illegitimate children or transport tinpot dictators, then I don't want to know.

Might be worth waving the geiger counter round it in case there's any depleted uranium in there too.....

This user has no status

Thanks
    Is it the same car that was in AC ?

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,155 Posts

Talking

Think i will stick to my £700 855 t5 doh lol

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauld View Post
    Where do you get the plate for £128.00?

thanks
    Main Dealer.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Obviously inflation has hit, they are now just shy of £160!
    S60 D5, 2002
    BMW 545i touring

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dave stew View Post
    Me too! Just worried about that angle gear failure...
    Stop panicking!!!! There not made of chocolate!

See thread #25 and you will be fine.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    thread #25 updated. Please read all text. Extra info and pointers added.

One thing to check before ANYONE condems your awd is to check the plug connections on your rear Haldex ecu. They can easily come adrift and will mean your awd will not work. Make sure the rubber boots are fitted correctly on the wiring harness and plugs, else water will get in and shorts out your ecu. Mine were adrift, refitted and secured with small cable ties.
    Last edited by LeeT5; Friday 21st October 2011 at 13:28.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

Nick0 (Thursday 27th October 2011)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Mine included 15% parts discount. (special deal with dealer).

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    ...better than £350 for a new sump...and that's providing you switch off in time and prevent further damage through loss of oil!

The Aluminium plate protects everything under the engine inc the oil filter.
    Well worth the money if you ask me and even more so if your car is lowered.

This user has no status

Thanks
    theres a 2005 v70r with mods and fsh for £7000 in doncaster, grey manual too.

This user has no status

Thanks

Thumbs up

LeeT5,

Totally agree, mine should be arriving early next week
    S60 D5, 2002
    BMW 545i touring

This user has no status
    Thanks

Thumbs up LeeT5 post 25

Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Having had my R for nearly two years and knowing what i know, if i were you i would do the following:
    9) Fit a genuine Volvo Aluminium under belly tray - a bargain at £128! Could save you £1000s if you hit something in the road, inc speed bumps (the ones on bus routes) Also has cooling ducts to direct cold air to the rear of the engine and gearbox.
    11) Ask dealer to turn 'ON' your after-blow function on your climate control. It will majorly extend the life of your condensor and Evap unit. £30 max. Can only be turned on by VIDA.
    Lee many thanks for this excellent posting .

Re: 9) Volvo say on their website http://accessories.volvocars.com/Acc...ent/VCC-425405"Note!
    We recommend that it is NOT installed on cars with turbocharged gasoline engines with manual transmissions on high-speed markets" - is you car a manual or automatic?

Re: 11) What is the after blow function and what's the benefit in having it on (is it a software upgrade?)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    One thing to check before ANYONE condems your awd is to check the plug connections on your rear Haldex ecu.
    I'm new to owning a S60R, where is the plug connections on the rear Haldex ecu?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    6) Replace lower transmission torque bush (the small one) with Poly. They are weak as hell and ALWAYS tear out after small miles. £20 and a 15 minute job with basic tools. Will improve gear changes and slightly increase engine 5 pot warble. Gorgeous!
    Lee which part number or diagram reference are they?
    http://www.powerflex.co.uk/products/...002-238/1.html

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick0 View Post
    Lee many thanks for this excellent posting .

Re: 9) Volvo say on their website http://accessories.volvocars.com/Acc...ent/VCC-425405"Note!
    We recommend that it is NOT installed on cars with turbocharged gasoline engines with manual transmissions on high-speed markets" - is you car a manual or automatic?

Re: 11) What is the after blow function and what's the benefit in having it on (is it a software upgrade?)
    RE: 9) Bol o x!!! I don't care what they say. The aluminium tray is designed for and fits perfectly as per Volvo's fitting instuctions. It WILL fit auto or manual. The plate has cooling ducts and air flow guides built into it to direct the cool air to the rear of the engine and up to cool the transfer box and rear part of the engine. I have had it fitted to my car for about 8 months now and not had any problems. One thing it does do is tell you its doing its job when you ground out on a speed bump or gravel track!! You can hear the gravel or road scraping the tray and NOT your sump or puncturing your oil filter.

My car is a Manual.

...here we go again...
    Thanks

Post AfterBlow Function

This is a copy of the latest tnn regarding afterblow from Volvo.

NO: 87-53
    DATE: October 5 2007
    MODEL / YEAR S60 2001 -
    S80 1999 - 2006
    V70, XC70 2001 - 2007
    XC90 2003 -
    SUBJECT: Air Conditioning System Odor / Afterblow Function
    REFERENCE: VIDA
    This TNN superseded the previous 87-53, dated November 21, 2005. The changes include: updates to the 1999 – 2004 method and added new method for 2005 and later.

DESCRIPTION:
    There may be cases of odor from climate system vents on the vehicles listed above. Ensure the odor is not from some other source and all other A/C system checks have been completed. If necessary the Afterblow function can be activated to dry out the ventilation system and evaporator. There are two ways to activate the Afterblow function depending on the Model Year (MY). For MY's 2005 and later see page 2 for MY's 1999 - 2004 see page 3.

NOTE: Up through 2002 Afterblow was activated from the factory, 2003 and later Afterblow will be Retailer activated only.
    SERVICE:
    In all cases basic fault tracing needs to be performed prior to the afterblow activation. Once this has been completed see the appropriate instructions for Afterblow activation.

Check / Verify that:
    - There are no refrigerant leakages (not PAG oil causing the odor).
    - AC drain is not clogged - drains sufficiently i.e. no water standing in the climate box.
    - No water standing underneath the floor carpets.
    - Cabin air filter inspected / verify it's been replaced according to the maintenance schedule.
    - Battery is in good condition.
    If all the above has been checked and confirmed that they are not the cause of the odor then the Afterblow function should be activated to minimize the risk of odor.
    NOTE: MY 2005 and later it is only necessary to activate / deactivate Afterblow one time per vehicle. If ANY new software is downloaded the Afterblow function will stay activated.
    Tech-Net Notes
    “Fixed Right – First Time”
    Volvo Technicians, Service and Parts Managers
    Copyright ©2007 Volvo Cars of North America, LLC. All rights reserved.

Page 2 of 3

MY 2005 and later:
    MATERIAL for 2005 and later:
    Description Quantity Part Number Activate afterblow software 1 30782577
    Deactivate afterblow software (if needed to turn off) 1 30782664 Activation / Deactivation through VIDA:
    - Software Tab
    - Software product
    - Select 30782577 (or 30782664 to deactivate if needed). Enter part number if not listed:
    - Download software Read - Out the status "active / not active" in VIDA:
    - Diagnostics
    - Vehicle communication
    - CCM / Advanced
    - After - run passenger control status (wording may change in future VIDA updates.)
    Note: Active or Not-Activated

When certain criteria are met the interior fan will start to blow 50 minutes after the car has gone into the sleep mode. The fan will blow for 15 minutes at half speed with the air directed to the dashboard air outlets. Make sure the customer is informed of this new function.

ACTIVATION CRITERIA:
    Battery voltage greater than 11.9 V
    Ambient temp greater than 75°F (24°C) when engine is turned off.
    Runs only one time every 20 hrs.
    MY's 1999 – 2004:
    Activation and Read - Out the status "active / passive" in VIDA:
    - Diagnostics
    - Vehicle communication
    - CCM / Advanced
    - Programming the Climate Control Module (CCM).
    When certain criteria are met the interior fan will start to blow 50 minutes after the car has gone into the sleep mode. The fan will blow for 7 minutes at full speed with the air directed to the dashboard air outlets. Make sure the customer is informed of this new function.
    Copyright ©2007 Volvo Cars of North America, LLC. All rights reserved.

Page 3 of 3

ACTIVATION CRITERIA:
    A/C compressor has been engaged for more than 4 minutes (continuously) out of the last 11 minutes before engine was turned off. Ambient temp app 82°F (28°C) and A/C compressor running for more than 50% during a 10 second period.

Thread Information