Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martinrpeachey View Post
    Oh har effin har! I'm 31! did my back in a week ago! cheeky whipper snapper!
    Ah that OLD chestnut....

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AndysR For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Saturday 15th October 2011)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Banjo bolt...i am sure i havnt seen a banjo bolt on my 850...hmmmmm confused muchly

glad you got it sorted though...so hope mines going to be ok too!

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiresxi View Post
    Banjo bolt...i am sure i havnt seen a banjo bolt on my 850...hmmmmm confused muchly

glad you got it sorted though...so hope mines going to be ok too!
    I think it's only ME7 manifolds that have it buddy.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Thanks
    Ok guys, if I can't get a refund on the manifold gasket, I will be selling It along with the old catch tank which is almost spotless (I will clean it out completely before posting) if anybody wants to make me an offer...?

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    well done for not taking the manifold off, but to be honest, you should of as a new manifold gasket is part of the full PCV system kit for £160. Its not that hard to get off either and makes for superb access to PCV catch can. While your their you get a chance to properly inspect Starter motor connections and makes sure everythings clean in that area before it goes back together. Good opportunity to properly clean Manifold and mating surface with emery cloth before refitting.

Ah well....
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Thursday 3rd November 2011)

Thanks
    Agreed, Lee. It did cross my mind that the mani could possibly do with a clean but time was short and considering it's an ME7 plus the fact that I'd only just got rid of that bloody orange triangle, I wasn't keen on unplugging the TCM and upsetting something
    All in good time, I'm now turning my attentions to the suspension - new front shocks and polybush the wishbones and lower engine mount.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Agreed, Lee. It did cross my mind that the mani could possibly do with a clean but time was short and considering it's an ME7 plus the fact that I'd only just got rid of that bloody orange triangle, I wasn't keen on unplugging the TCM and upsetting something
    All in good time, I'm now turning my attentions to the suspension - new front shocks and polybush the wishbones and lower engine mount.
    TCM (transmission control module) ???

Do you mean ETM?

With respect, if you are capable of doing the PCV then its only a sensor, no different from unplugging the MAF!!

I cleaned my ETM a few months ago (it was quite black). They are quite resilient. Gave mine a good degunge with carb cleaner both sides till it was gleaming like a mirror inside. Refitted and boy, what a difference!!

I did take phots but i dont have them now.
    Last edited by LeeT5; Thursday 3rd November 2011 at 20:40.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Thanks
    ETM, that's it. trying to do dinner, control a 3 year old an be clever at the same time! something had to slip I might have a go when the suspension is out of the way. It's nice to know it's not as hard as I thought. It's one long learning curve for me loving every minute.

What sort of difference are we looking at here?

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

...here we go again...
    Thanks

What sort of difference are we looking at here?
    Major! Better idle, Better response and alot smoother to drive.

Thanks
    hmmmmm...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    Success!!!!! no smoke from filler or dipstick. NO smoke, not a whisp, not a whif. Nowt! And it was all down to that banjo bolt! The rest of the system was completely clean! Gonna turn the laptop on in a bit and pad the thread out with how to info.
    from the dead I know but I recently replaced my PCV and definitely have a bit of positive pressure, everything is 100% clean.

BUT someone had blanked that banjo off on my old pipe and rethreaded the inlet manifold so we had to blank it again with a nut/bolt etc. Could this be the source of my crankcase pressure? Seems to fit your description!

What a horrible job it will be to do again and I'll have to find a new banjo with the right thread.

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,419 Posts
    I see u removed more bits than u should lol Done mine last year too,cost over £100 all the bits

This user has no status
    Thanks
    To further resurrect this thread, think mine needs doing?
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  1.76 MB

16. The Following User Says Thank You to miltski For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Tuesday 10th February 2015)

Thread Information