Join Today
    Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts

poor repair pics

this is what arnold clarke thinks is a acceptable repair. this is there 2nd attempt. first one was even worse. paint work was terrible so i sent it back. i got it back again yesterday so i took a closer inspection and heres some pic of what i found. some are har to make out

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    more pics. the rear light pic of the black car is what the gap should be like. other pic is of one of the creases on the boot floor. was a bit tricky taking a pic so not very clear

This user has no status
    Thanks
    wow thats more of a pissed repair than the original one on my T4!

2003 V40 T4 Sport
    1988 Volvo 245 GLT Estate (Gaining T5 power!)

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    to behonest the pics dont show how poor the repairs is. i cant open the boot with out it catching the trim that runs down the roof channels. spare wheel wheel is kinked still. didnt post pics as they didnt come out very well.

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Just from those pics you can tell its sh*te repair job
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    you should of seen the first paint job they did. they hadnt blended the paint in to door or polished it. after i compained about that the finish they repainted and adjusted the door to try and hide the tight gap between rear quater and rear door. my door now drops when you open it and sometimes the handle jams so you cant open the door. the assessor is going to have a field day with this one. ive no idea how ive kept so calm when dealing with these frustrating issues

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    As soon as I read 'Arnold Clark' I knew it would be a house of automotive horrors!

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

8. The Following User Says Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post:

Dangerous Dave (Wednesday 28th September 2011)

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    P1sspots! how do they think they will get away with shoddy work like that? I won't go into detail but the wife's old car got rear-ended and the "recommended repairer" did such a shoddy job that nissan uk buried the company that did it. I know it's a headache but keep pestering, complaining and generally being a nuisance until it's right. Good luck mate.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    If the panels, bumper, lights dont line up or the tailgate is fowling any part of the car when opening or closing then the car simply isn't straight. IE, they have NOT jigged it properly. Probably got their measurements wrong.

I can tell you now that that is going to be an absolute nightmare to put right. It should have been put right first time.

I really am sorry for your agro. You need to Kick off big time and you may possibly need to seek leagal advice. If they can't get it right second time round then what hope have they got third or god forbid, FORTH???

Shame on them!!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    theres no doubt at all its twisted. they are a bunch of cowboys. ive got an assessor coming out from the insurance on friday. theres no way he can say its ok. but if he dose i am prepared to take it as far as can. its been 5 weeks now since the crash and im starting to get a little frustrated.

me personaly i dont think its been on a jig. one thing is for sure. ill only let a volvo approved body shop do the repair. personly though id rather it be wrote off now.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Arnold clark is a volvo approved repairer including bodywork in some centres,get on to Volvo UK and complain.
    Have you tried for a cash settlement if not keep that in mind as that does happen if you are not satisfied with a repair.
    I personally would not buy a car thats had a new boot floor panel put in.

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    I put my V70R into arnold clark the car was in there for about 8 months i kept putting it back!!!! never again
    Thanks
    Martyn

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    took my car to a local panel beater i know and he was discusted by the poor quality of work. worst of all i told him about them adjusting the door to compensate them not repairing the rear quater properly and he then told me you cant adjust the doors on a
    s60 and they have either forced the door or belted it with a hammer. he rekons theyll never get the door the same again. im pushing now for the car to be wrote off. the assessor tried to offer me cash and accept the car the way it is. my reply was my car is now scrap so if you want to give me the difference and i keep then ill check with my soliciotor. he sh*t a brick wen i told him that i was getting legal advise and paying for another assessment that was 100% indipendant and not on insurance side. what makes it worse is now my car has a misfire that wasnt there befor. arnold clarke had there driver deliver the car and was followed by another one of there drivers. luckily i have this on the sercurity tapes at work.

Thread Information