Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    the small mercedes engines use the m42 (as I am using0 but if your not keeping the turbo, then you will need the m62 off the biger mercedes engins.
    Thanks very much, looks like I need an M62 then.

there are a couple on Ebay so when I have repaired the damage from Sunday I will get one purchased.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    the small mercedes engines use the m42 (as I am using0 but if your not keeping the turbo, then you will need the m62 off the biger mercedes engins.
    Do you know anything about the Eaton M112 from the Jaguar, they seem to have a long snout which would mean it would mount nicely.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-XJR...#ht_2444wt_952

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hassell View Post
    Do you know anything about the Eaton M112 from the Jaguar, they seem to have a long snout which would mean it would mount nicely.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-XJR...#ht_2444wt_952
    I think it would be to big for a 2.3, you wouldnt get it into it's 'sweet spot'
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi Paul

I've spoken to Steve Walford today who's help and expertise I'm building my race car. He's had experience of superchargers from 3.8 Pontiacs from the states. He recently setup a vr6 class 7 which was putting out 100bhp @ 1000rpm. They come in quite cheap too off USA Ebay.

Thinking off going this route myself now to avoid bulkhead issues. What exhaust manifold was you thinking of using?

Nigel

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Minordelay View Post
    Hi Paul

I've spoken to Steve Walford today who's help and expertise I'm building my race car. He's had experience of superchargers from 3.8 Pontiacs from the states. He recently setup a vr6 class 7 which was putting out 100bhp @ 1000rpm. They come in quite cheap too off USA Ebay.

Thinking off going this route myself now to avoid bulkhead issues. What exhaust manifold was you thinking of using?

Nigel
    Not exactly sure of exhaust manifold yet but possibly something like this;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3102391346...9#ht_986wt_952

This user has no status
    Thanks
    That manifold should be fine to use Paul if you ditch the turbo. If I can find them on the other laptop I'll pull all the flow maps I have for the M series Superchargers. There are quite a few though so i may need to post you them if I can get the computer working. The blue screen of death appeared on it the last time I used it but I think the items are in the other partition on the drive which I am hoping I can get at.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alan M For This Useful Post:

Paul Hassell (Saturday 22nd October 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=Alan M;418011]That manifold should be fine to use Paul if you ditch the turbo. If I can find them on the other laptop I'll pull all the flow maps I have for the M series Superchargers. There are quite a few though so i may need to post you them if I can get the computer working. The blue screen of death appeared on it the last time I used it but I think the items are in the other partition on the drive which I am hoping I can get at.[/QUOTE=Alan M;418011]

Thank you, that would make very interesting reading if you can find it Alan, I think the M62 is looking favourite at the moment.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Hassell For This Useful Post:

claymore (Saturday 22nd October 2011)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi Paul

I checked and the pontiac blower is an M90. Would be interesting to compare the specs.

Nigel

Thread Information