Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This user has no status

Thanks

Holset HX 35 turbo on a T5R

hi all ,
    has anyone attempted to fit a hx 35 turbo to a 850 ? i have been running my t5 with a uprated bottom end for arround 12 months and have never had the spare cash to go for the big turbo but have just retired and want to start enjoying life as such i am looking at a hx 35 , My main concerns are im told the bulkhead will need modification and that the servo will need moving just wonderd if anyone has attempted this yet ?

thanks jeff

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jeff64 For This Useful Post:

t5_monkey (Sunday 18th September 2011)

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    isn't that a truck turbo ? it rings a bell from somewhere!

Oh... and welcome to the forum show us photos!

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    I will be fitting something similar over the winter, but I'll have the turbo at the side of the engine. be aware you will have horrendous turbo lag
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    The main question is what power are you wanting as there are many turbos that will see you 400bhp+ with less fitting hastle and will spool as quick as you want it to

6. The Following User Says Thank You to t5 pete For This Useful Post:

leet5r (Sunday 18th September 2011)

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Jardon runs an owen developments hybrid 19T and he's pushing over 400bhp with WI

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff64 View Post
    hi all ,
    has anyone attempted to fit a hx 35 turbo to a 850 ? i have been running my t5 with a uprated bottom end for arround 12 months and have never had the spare cash to go for the big turbo but have just retired and want to start enjoying life as such i am looking at a hx 35 , My main concerns are im told the bulkhead will need modification and that the servo will need moving just wonderd if anyone has attempted this yet ?

thanks jeff
    Hi Josh,

They are a T3 flange so will bolt up. The compressor housing will need spinning around and there will be some clearance issues no doubt. Awesome turbo though and you can get them for peanuts.
    Grey 855R Manual. Totally standard.

This user has no status

Thanks
    hi josh ?

thanks for all the replys only reason i am interested in these is i have found a website doing them new from holshot for around the £500 - 600 mark and am told it is a cheaper alternative to the GT series of turbo, The only real concern i have is the servo will need to be moved and the bulkhead cut now the bulkhead wont present me too much of a problem as i can weld but havent come accross a kit or another t5 that has had the servo moved , plenty of them on the net but no write ups about them . just wonderd if anyone had done this sort of upgrade or can recomend another big turbo upgrade

Jeff

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    The only real concern i have is the servo will need to be moved and the bulkhead cut now the bulkhead wont present me too much of a problem as i can weld but havent come accross a kit or another t5 that has had the servo moved
    i've binned my servo lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    Am i not right in thinking they are a MOT requierment ?

thanls

Thanks
    Am i not right in thinking they are a MOT requierment ?
    i think so, but there are legal ways to get around it

This user has no status

Thanks
    Have you any pics of yours without the servo and did you have to change the pedal box as im told they all pick up of the servo ?
    thanks

Thanks
    Have you any pics of yours without the servo and did you have to change the pedal box as im told they all pick up of the servo ?
    thanks
    i've got to get the plate made in thicker metal, but no its the standard pedal box. I stripped the servo & used the original linkage rod to go straight into the master cylinder. A remote servo might be an easy way to go

15. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

jeff64 (Sunday 18th September 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    i used a t35 hybrid on mine that was designed to run on a 850/v70 t5 and does not foul the builkhead or the servo ether.and will run at 2 bar all day long and also will fit the standard downpipe with the end being changed to fit this turbo and its very torquey.

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    hi josh ?

thanks for all the replys only reason i am interested in these is i have found a website doing them new from holshot for around the £500 - 600 mark and am told it is a cheaper alternative to the GT series of turbo, The only real concern i have is the servo will need to be moved and the bulkhead cut now the bulkhead wont present me too much of a problem as i can weld but havent come accross a kit or another t5 that has had the servo moved , plenty of them on the net but no write ups about them . just wonderd if anyone had done this sort of upgrade or can recomend another big turbo upgrade

Jeff
    Hold on a minute, I don't think you can do that any more.

http://www.the-ace.org.uk/Chassis-an...rch_highlight1

Q) What is the definition of a monococque ?

A) A design in which body and chassis are all one unit.

Q) Why does cutting into a monococque affect the vehicle identity if it retains the same shape /profile as before.

A) Cutting is considered to be modifying the vehicle from its original specification. Any modification to the chassis/monocoque body is considered to render the vehicle no longer original specification or of original identity.

Q) Is it acceptable to modify a vehicle bulkhead and/or transmission tunnel when performing an engine change or fitting another make?

A) No, Assuming this is in relation to a monocoque structure. This would be considered a modification to the structure.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

This user has no status
    Thanks
    hi josh ?

Jeff
    Yes Josh.

Do you think I'm stupid. Thanks for ripping me off on that T5R and starting up with a different name.

Yes people this is the plank that gave me fake receipts with my T5R and I'm still persuing to get some money back.

Mitch.
    Grey 855R Manual. Totally standard.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchyboy01 View Post
    Yes Josh.

Do you think I'm stupid. Thanks for ripping me off on that T5R and starting up with a different name.

Yes people this is the plank that gave me fake receipts with my T5R and I'm still persuing to get some money back.

Mitch.
    Hi mitchboy01

without being disrespectfull yes you are being stupid , i contacted you in good faith having previosly owned sed T5R and informed you of its state of tune when i sold it in order to help you sort your problem out, I am defonatly not who sold you a car with fake recipts and am personaly insulted that you think i am , I have never broken the law nor intend to ,so as for "this is the plank " i think you need to contact this josh and tell HIM what you think as apossed to telling me and insulting me about a problem that is nothing to do with me !

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    This thread is turning out conisderably more lively than I thought it would be *gets popcorn*

So what's this about a T5R with fake receipts ? Tells us the whole deal - what happened?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Sunday 18th September 2011)

This user has no status

Thanks
    The whole deal is Mitchyboy01 bought my old olive T5r of a lad on ebay who as it has unfolded gave him fake recipts for tuning work done to the car , i got told about the thread on here by a freind of mine and joined up and contacted mitch to inform him for defonate that what he was told about the car was fake as i had owned the car and it left me in so such state, That is the last i have heard until today were he now seems to be under the impression i am this "Josh" and i am the one who has ripped him of.

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Sad to think no one is trustworthy these days, i recently brought a t-5r which had receipts for the breathers having been changed but still smoking form dip stick hole.

Any how looking at it the last owner siliconed one of the pipe when putting back together and blocked it. Now its perfect, i think he thought it had gone rings because it was still smoking.

I had a lucky escape

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    The whole deal is Mitchyboy01 bought my old olive T5r of a lad on ebay who as it has unfolded gave him fake recipts for tuning work done to the car , i got told about the thread on here by a freind of mine and joined up and contacted mitch to inform him for defonate that what he was told about the car was fake as i had owned the car and it left me in so such state, That is the last i have heard until today were he now seems to be under the impression i am this "Josh" and i am the one who has ripped him of.
    unfortunate - perhaps you'd be willing to pass on the ebayer's details if you have them as a sign of good faith ? The guy has a right to be pissed off!

Thread Information