Join Today

Thread: HELP please

This user has no status
    Thanks

HELP please

Picked a S40 up on thursday, today something has happened to the clutch, pos clutch release bearing/slave cylinder, ive not even driven it 100 miles yet ! Does anybody think i could try 'the sales of goods act' ? as i wasnt given a warrenty as it was a part ex to clear !
    Any thoughts on this please ................

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jay71 View Post
    Picked a S40 up on thursday, today something has happened to the clutch, pos clutch release bearing/slave cylinder, ive not even driven it 100 miles yet ! Does anybody think i could try 'the sales of goods act' ? as i wasnt given a warrenty as it was a part ex to clear !
    Any thoughts on this please ................
    report the fault immediately.

the answer is yes, you have rights, it should be put right by the garage.

Tell them you noticed the fault from when you drove it away, but have been too busy to report it until now.

They will probably try it on but you'll get it fixed if you're persistent.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

3. The Following User Says Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post:

jay71 (Monday 12th September 2011)

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    If you got it from a dealer, regardless of the circumstance, they are legally obliged to give a warranty, and yes, your situation will be covered, like Mr. Monkey said, they will try it on but you have the upper hand. Don't be afraid to make a fuss.
    Good luck mate.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

jay71 (Monday 12th September 2011),Porcine_Aviator (Tuesday 13th September 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Well ive emailed the dealer this morning , no reply as yet , i also got a quote for the work needed , not much short of £1300.00 , gearbox out job , not happy :-(

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    TAKE IT BACK!!!!

dump it on their forecourt if you have to - they will try to refuse you returning it, leave the keys and run out if you have to - then they will HAVE to give you a refund.

They will flannel you - have none of it, at the very least you deserve a repair and your within your rights to reject the car.

If you can't reach them by phone just take it back and park it at their garage so it's physically on their property.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

9. The Following User Says Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post:

Porcine_Aviator (Tuesday 13th September 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I have also heard from consumer rights and they think i have a case under :not fit for purpose and didnt last a reasonable length of time , they sent me a draught letter requesting repair or refund, which i need to send recordered delivery , will do that tomorrow . If no joy after that i can get credit card company involved under section 75 , then legal action , can see it dragging on though and i got no transport now .

Old Fart
    Weston on the Mud Somerset or in it if you get the tide wrong.
    Thanks
    You were not sold a car that was fit for purpose, if you have driven it for less than 100 miles it makes it even worse. Write them a letter and point out that they are in breach of contract under the Sale of Goods Act. Keep a copy for yourself and send it signed for.

The e-mail is a first step, you could phone them and very calmly point out that you have not been able to drive the car and as such it's their responsibility to make sure the vehicle is fit for purpose. Ask them to pick it up and take it in to the garage, and if they refuse it will give you an idea as to how they are going to react.

A good seller will try and sort the problem out before any action is taken by their customer.

So be nice at first and then escalate it.

All the best with it.
    “If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson (1778)

Did you know the EU says that you can't claim that drinking water prevents dehydration. So now you know for sure what many of have known for years that the EU is run by a bunch of nutters.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Porcine_Aviator For This Useful Post:

jay71 (Tuesday 13th September 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quick update. I was left a message saying not to worry they will sort it ( whatever that means ) i have to phone on monday for more details .

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Latest update , dealer is sending a transporter to pick the car up and repair it .
    Thanks for your feedback .

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Sounds like all will be sorted good news. Seeking advice on matters like this is always a good idea, then you can start proceedings sounding like you know what you're doing. Makes the seller less likely to try and fob you off.
    YAY FOR FORUMS
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

jay71 (Monday 19th September 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Latest news, they picked it up a week ago, told me they would order parts and get them overnight , hadnt heard anything by friday , to i emailed , they told me car was still being worked on and i should have it monday afternoon (today) heard nothing so i emailed them again , its taking longer than expected , looking like tomorrow afternoon now dont get me wrong , im lucky they are doing it .
    Thing is ive had no car now for 2 weeks , they have no courtesy cars available and their feedback from a main dealer isnt great .
    Sorry , rant over ! (for now)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Got my car back today , had a look at the internal invoice:
    clutch assembly replacement
    clutch
    contr
    drive
    trans
    brake fluid

thats all thats listed

Thread Information