V40 2.0T Sport Lux Titanium grey,(03) 133k,standard
    Yamaha R1 5VY,(06) 180bhp/165whp,100nm

This user has no status

Thanks
    Oooooo they're nice!

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Yeah, sexy motor but nothing clears the fast lane on a motorway like a white V70 being driven by a fat man in a Hi-Viz!
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

Jamest5r (Monday 12th September 2011),Porcine_Aviator (Monday 12th September 2011)

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siamblue View Post
    Sport lux V40 with Arcadia's..

Is that your new car?

Thats my fave colour for a t4 and with those wheels it looks perfect.

Even with my t4 being an auto, i could get 500miles out of a tank (just).
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

Old Fart
    Weston on the Mud Somerset or in it if you get the tide wrong.
    Thanks
    Even with all the noise I still love the 850 T5 and the little button that says Sport on it

It's been over a year since I had my stroke so I will have to go and see the doc about getting my licence back again. Boy do I miss driving and after a year I'm getting really bored.

Mrs PA having to do all the driving is wearing a bit thin, so I want to get the 850 T5 back on the road. The V70 T5 just doesn't seem to have the raw grunt of the 850 when you hit Sport

Not to mention the V70's turning circle, or lack of it.

The V70 T5 P1 is a great car, Mrs PA wanted me to part ex our V70 P2 T5 for a V70 P1 AWD last week, so that will give you an idea of how she feels about the V70 P2s
    Last edited by Porcine_Aviator; Monday 12th September 2011 at 13:07.
    “If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson (1778)

Did you know the EU says that you can't claim that drinking water prevents dehydration. So now you know for sure what many of have known for years that the EU is run by a bunch of nutters.

Old Fart
    Weston on the Mud Somerset or in it if you get the tide wrong.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martinrpeachey View Post
    Yeah, sexy motor but nothing clears the fast lane on a motorway like a white V70 being driven by a fat man in a Hi-Viz!
    Will you stop haunting the Tolpuddle bye-pass, that's where I got my last speeding ticket, many years ago. 90 with a Beemer glued to my rear, I was trying to pass a line of cars to get in and he was pushing me. Even Mr Plod said he could see what was happening but he could only get one car at a time and it was my day to be said car

Our 855 is white and even now a white Volvo coming up on other cars makes them move over.
    “If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson (1778)

Did you know the EU says that you can't claim that drinking water prevents dehydration. So now you know for sure what many of have known for years that the EU is run by a bunch of nutters.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Porcine_Aviator For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Monday 12th September 2011)

This user has no status

Thanks
    I think I must have a heavy right foot...my P1 S40 T4 will only give me 275 miles out of a full tank! ;o)

Having said that my brother has a P2 V70 T5 and after driving it I couldn't wait to get back in to the T4, and he didn't want to give it back! We were driving B-roads and the handling on the T4 is so much better, braking was superior and there is definitely a greater sense of speed.

On the flip side the T5 is like driving with a nuclear reactor under the bonnet instead of an engine; the power delivery is sooo smooth and seemingly never ending! Much better for long distances.

The T4 is best described as having a frantic engine note, very harsh and almost BTCC sounding. The T5 sounds like its gargling cream it's so smooth.

Each to their own, but the T4 gets my vote!

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    It's a choice between....

Tai Fighter

or Star Destroyer...

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

11. The Following User Says Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post:

Flatout Phil (Monday 12th September 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I thought long and hard about weather to get a T5 or T4 when I was looking and in the end I went for the T4 as insurance was cheaper and technically it was faster 0-60mph than a T5.

I get on average 31mpg with a combined drive to work but thats not thrashing it nor dawdling.

I do think that the T4's are far more agressive with power delivery than a T5 which is smooth and pulls you to silly speeds in a comfortable way unlike the T4 which seems quite violent and definitely gives you a turbo kick
    Last edited by antz; Monday 12th September 2011 at 15:32.

2003 V40 T4 Sport
    1988 Volvo 245 GLT Estate (Gaining T5 power!)

Lawnmower Boy
    Now known as WAPAHO!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 1,162 Posts
    I don't think there is much in it, my T5 could carry everything including the kitchen sink and still do silly speeds... My T4 can't fit anything like a Washing machine through the boot hatch, but it still carries quite a bit and as above still flys...

For my style of driving, cos I am a Chav chaser...
    Petrol T5 - 20-30MPG.
    Petrol T4 - 25-35MPG.

I am not keen on anything from P2 onwards so it would be a V50.
    The T4 is probably not as well built as my 850 or the V70, but I am not sure if I could bring myself to buy anything newer from Volvo.

Current Garage:
    1997 960 3.0L 24v - Polestar...(Honest guv..!!)
    1997 855 T5 S - stripped to 1300kgs gross weight - 14.2sec qtr(rank 17*)
    2001 V40 T4 SE - 14.199@100.15MPH - Hybrid Turbo/VXR injectors and DeCat(Rank 15*)
    *Data Sept 2013
    Any Stuff For Sale - check out my Ebay link

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    First, I know nothing about T4 and that V70 looks worth a look at the price - yes, it will be a gas guzzler in comparison to a 1.4 Fiesta, but bear in mind the consumption of a comparable sports saloon and it is actually quite good, and you also get loads of practicality.
    On V70 T5, if you like a hardcore drive, I would get an 850 rather than a V70 - others will beg to differ, because the V70 is, ostensibly, an updated 850, so should be better: but in my opinion, the 850 (especially a manual R like mine - but even a manual T5 which has a slightly smaller turbo) is just a better drivers car. It also looks better! I would get a T5R a few extra quid: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3127596.htm or if you prefer: an R http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3141077.htm (yes, that one is sold, but there will be others along - and if it has an original M59 gearbox, will have a limited slip differential which is better than not having one...although it isn't the most impressive LSD in the world if I am honest).

And so you S/V40 lovers don't feel left out: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9ZNJlbsjdw[/ame]
    Last edited by Flatout Phil; Monday 12th September 2011 at 15:21.
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gmotS40T4 View Post
    I think I must have a heavy right foot...my P1 S40 T4 will only give me 275 miles out of a full tank! ;o)

Having said that my brother has a P2 V70 T5 and after driving it I couldn't wait to get back in to the T4, and he didn't want to give it back! We were driving B-roads and the handling on the T4 is so much better, braking was superior and there is definitely a greater sense of speed.

On the flip side the T5 is like driving with a nuclear reactor under the bonnet instead of an engine; the power delivery is sooo smooth and seemingly never ending! Much better for long distances.

The T4 is best described as having a frantic engine note, very harsh and almost BTCC sounding. The T5 sounds like its gargling cream it's so smooth.

Each to their own, but the T4 gets my vote!
    I'd look into it a bit if you are only getting 275miles to a tank, unless you do thrash it everywhere!lol
    For me the engine note was more raw than the 5cyls, but not harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by antz View Post
    I thought long and hard about weather to get a T5 or T4 when I was looking and in the end I went for the T4 as insurance was cheaper and technically it was faster 0-60mph than a T5.

I get on average 31mpg with a combined drive to work but thats not thrashing it nor dawdling.

I do think that the T4's are far more agressive with power delivery than a T5 which is smooth and pulls you to silly speeds in a comfortable way unlike the T4 which seems quite violent and definitely gives you a turbo kick
    I was surprised at how aggressive the power delivery was in my t4, lots of torque steer in a straight line (which i like!) and my s70r feels a bit dull in comparison, powerwise.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    With my P2 T-5, you do have to work hard to stop it as quick as a a smaller car, and you do have to hit 6-7k rpm to get awesome performance, but 65mph in second and an easy ton in 3rd and the ability to pull hard in 5th from 80, coupled with that lovely 5 pot roar and ever lasting surge of power makes for a BIG smile all day long.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamT4 View Post
    I'd look into it a bit if you are only getting 275miles to a tank, unless you do thrash it everywhere!lol
    For me the engine note was more raw than the 5cyls, but not harsh.

I was surprised at how aggressive the power delivery was in my t4, lots of torque steer in a straight line (which i like!) and my s70r feels a bit dull in comparison, powerwise.
    the t4s are quick even with slight mods they can be rapid like my mates one that is running 18 psi now but still cannot catch my slow 940 though but thats another story.but liam you cannot compare your car to modded t4s because your car is not setup properly yet.stop winging lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hopefully going to have a look at this one this week chaps, what do you think? Bit overpriced?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...ge/1?logcode=p

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr pies View Post
    Hopefully going to have a look at this one this week chaps, what do you think? Bit overpriced?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...ge/1?logcode=p
    keep an eye on ebay too mate but that is a nice example but abit overpriced as you said

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    keep an eye on ebay too mate but that is a nice example but abit overpriced as you said
    What would be a good price for that then would you say?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
    Yeah but does a T4 sound like an Audi Quattro rally car or 1/2 a Gallardo ?!

T4 is a wicked fast drivers car... but hmmm That T5 sound nom nom....

There's no better feeling than impressing a bunch of wee Neds on a street corner.... or the Blow off from your Turbo making the beat coppers jump and turn around (don't worry that's the least of their worries in Maryhill Glasgow!!)
    Nope, but it does get mistaken for an Evo with anti-lag now
    Back in Black (T4)

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmain1967 View Post
    Nope haven't been arrested once ha ha har...

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    the t4s are quick even with slight mods they can be rapid like my mates one that is running 18 psi now but still cannot catch my slow 940 though but thats another story.but liam you cannot compare your car to modded t4s because your car is not setup properly yet.stop winging lol
    The only extra mod my t4 had over my s70 was a de-cat. T4 0-100mph was somethin like 14.4s, s70r 0-100mph not less than 16s. (both autos).
    I wait for the day when is is set up properly, but it still won't be quicker than the t4 without more serious mods.

Quote Originally Posted by gmain1967 View Post
    When i fitted a mesh grill to my t4 and had the dark wheels a lot of people didn't know what it was. Was going to debadge it and just leave the t4 on, but i wanted people to know that it was a volvo that just wasted them, so left it on.

Thread Information