Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealevo View Post
    I have some good newish plugs spare if you want them only done about 100 mile I just changed them to LPG special ones for my car, I might even have a dizzy cap aswell might keep your costs down!!!!
    pm'd mate

full respray..plenty of body mods..comets..ray cat back noise pipe..decat and wrapped downpipe..me7 exhaust manifold..3" throttle body with ported inlet manifold..blue injectors..adjustable fuel reg..reverse intercooler pipework..19t..open cone air filter..255 fuel pump..m-r-p short shift..boost gauge..unknown remap..adjustable suspension..lightweight crank pulley..n/a cams..stripped out interior..and a heavy right foot

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    Also remember that all these maps are designed for 99 octane fuel so you won't be doing yourself any favours unless using v-power or similar. But agree with Frank re MBC and also all the stage 0 stuff. Where are you in east London BTW?
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RPM View Post
    why can't anyone read your codes?
    I had a lambda light on my 850 T5 last year and no one could read my codes. Not even AA man could read it. The only company I know who has access to early 850 ODB is Snap-on. Other than that there is a way to (Flash the codes) using a home made OBD reader.

My lambda light turned out to be a leaking vacuum pipe on the inlet manifold. when I found the split I repaired it and light light went off by its-self.

Hope this helps

Lee
    Last edited by Louie; Wednesday 7th September 2011 at 17:17. Reason: Forgot to add something

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Louie For This Useful Post:

theflyingbrick (Wednesday 7th September 2011)

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatout Phil View Post
    Also remember that all these maps are designed for 99 octane fuel so you won't be doing yourself any favours unless using v-power or similar. But agree with Frank re MBC and also all the stage 0 stuff. Where are you in east London BTW?
    yeah ive been running it on super unleaded backwards and forwards to work,to be fair theres no shell stations round here so its 97 ron for me round here being canning taaaaaaaan lol

full respray..plenty of body mods..comets..ray cat back noise pipe..decat and wrapped downpipe..me7 exhaust manifold..3" throttle body with ported inlet manifold..blue injectors..adjustable fuel reg..reverse intercooler pipework..19t..open cone air filter..255 fuel pump..m-r-p short shift..boost gauge..unknown remap..adjustable suspension..lightweight crank pulley..n/a cams..stripped out interior..and a heavy right foot

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    I had a lambda light on my 850 T5 last year and no one could read my codes. Not even AA man could read it. The only company I know who has access to early 850 ODB is Snap-on. Other than that there is a way to (Flash the codes) using a home made OBD reader.

My lambda light turned out to be a leaking vacuum pipe on the inlet manifold. when I found the split I repaired it and light light went off by its-self.

Hope this helps

Lee
    mines has an obd 2 so i would of thought most readers could read it?? i might do a little search see if any local garages have a snap on diagnostic machine reader thing!!

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingbrick View Post
    mines has an obd 2 so i would of thought most readers could read it?? i might do a little search see if any local garages have a snap on diagnostic machine reader thing!!
    how to make a code reader

i've driven many different maps & none have ever come close to how aggressive an MBC is so not been impressed with any

8. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

theflyingbrick (Thursday 8th September 2011)

This status has no user
    Thanks
    Mine was exactly the same when I fitted a 304 chap.
    Remember, When the supplying company fits the ECU, They wind the boost up to where the maps designed for. I didn't at first and it didn't feel any different. The important thing is, As mentioned that the boost limit is raised/removed, So the boost can go up.
    Running much better now, Although I also think I have plug issues as it hits what seems like boost cut now and then, And it's only set at 1.21 bar (Also happens at 1 bar sometimes)

Current Chariots...
    Micra K11 'project sh*tbox'
    V70 D5 daily
    1991 Transit Recovery

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cherry1809 View Post
    Mine was exactly the same when I fitted a 304 chap.
    Remember, When the supplying company fits the ECU, They wind the boost up to where the maps designed for. I didn't at first and it didn't feel any different. The important thing is, As mentioned that the boost limit is raised/removed, So the boost can go up.
    Running much better now, Although I also think I have plug issues as it hits what seems like boost cut now and then, And it's only set at 1.21 bar (Also happens at 1 bar sometimes)
    the boost should be raised by altering the BCS duty cycle, so no other work/modification should be needed to the car. The original Superchips remap/chip simply removed the boost limit & an MBC/bleed valve was plumbed in, nothing was changed to the engine programming

11. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

cherry1809 (Thursday 8th September 2011)

This status has no user
    Thanks
    I thought they tightened the actuator as well?

Current Chariots...
    Micra K11 'project sh*tbox'
    V70 D5 daily
    1991 Transit Recovery

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cherry1809 View Post
    I thought they tightened the actuator as well?
    they shouldn't have to no

14. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

cherry1809 (Thursday 8th September 2011)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Moose View Post
    The first point of call with any of these cars as mensioned is a stage zero.

In terms of turbo, boost etc etc then an absolute must is to replace ALL ignition components inc HT leads, plugs, ingition pack. Next is the vacuum pipes as these break down. Once these are all replaced you are removing the most common problem areas that would lead to lack of boost, overboosting or boost cut. Should funds permit a set of refurbished injectors and a new fuel pump will also help.

None of the above is neccessary but on a car of 15 years I would certainly consider it as they are old components. This should cost no more than two hundred pounds in parts.
    ....All the above but not forgetting a PCV change too. Don't even consider remap or MBC until you've changed the PCV system otherwise you run the risk of blowing the rear main and that will cost you £500!

£75 will get you all the hoses and PCV stuff from the dealer and about a day to strip and fit. Inlet manifold has gotta come off on a T5 '96 MY.

To check your PCV isn't blocked, Start your engine and warm up. Then let her idle and lift the oil dipstick about an inch out the tube. If she is breathing white smoke (even the faintest puff) then it's time for a new PCV.

Later cars with ETM expect to pay about £140 for the PCV as the intake is water cooled and parts cost more and are slightly different.

One more thing Flying Brick...The hesitation you spoke of in your first post on this thread, is not 'Boost cut out'. If it was you would know about it as the EML light will come on and stay on and the car will instantly throttle back and you will not be able to accelerate at all. It would be like two HT leads coming off! Therefore, i suspect, as do others that you have an ignition coil, HT leads or spark plug problem. All part of the stage 0 and must be done before any mods. Also make sure you are using high octane fuel ie Shell V-power or Tesco - Momentum 99ron. Anything less will cause pinking and lack of power on a remap.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    ....All the above but not forgetting a PCV change too. Don't even consider remap or MBC until you've changed the PCV system otherwise you run the risk of blowing the rear main and that will cost you £500!

£75 will get you all the hoses and PCV stuff from the dealer and about a day to strip and fit. Inlet manifold has gotta come off on a T5 '96 MY.

To check your PCV isn't blocked, Start your engine and warm up. Then let her idle and lift the oil dipstick about an inch out the tube. If she is breathing white smoke (even the faintest puff) then it's time for a new PCV.

Later cars with ETM expect to pay about £140 for the PCV as the intake is water cooled and parts cost more and are slightly different.

One more thing Flying Brick...The hesitation you spoke of in your first post on this thread, is not 'Boost cut out'. If it was you would know about it as the EML light will come on and stay on and the car will instantly throttle back and you will not be able to accelerate at all. It would be like two HT leads coming off! Therefore, i suspect, as do others that you have an ignition coil, HT leads or spark plug problem. All part of the stage 0 and must be done before any mods. Also make sure you are using high octane fuel ie Shell V-power or Tesco - Momentum 99ron. Anything less will cause pinking and lack of power on a remap.
    is super from sainsburys no good its 97 or should i make an effort and look for the 99?

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,155 Posts

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by theflyingbrick View Post
    is super from sainsburys no good its 97 or should i make an effort and look for the 99?
    I run mine on 97ron Bp Ultimate, But as soon as i filled with shell 99ron she felt imediatly better.

Just a shame the closest filling station is 20 miles away Doh!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to merc85 For This Useful Post:

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by merc85 View Post
    I run mine on 97ron Bp Ultimate, But as soon as i filled with shell 99ron she felt imediatly better.

Just a shame the closest filling station is 20 miles away Doh!
    tell me about it most garages are gone now takes the p#&% i only go sainsburys coz their super is only 1.35 a litre im gonna try tesco see how much theirs is hopefully it is 99 ron

Thread Information