Have been wanting to do this for a while now, finally I've got round to getting all the bits together and started the project.

Having done lots of research into the different HID projector units available I eventually went for the FXR units with the bi-xenon capability. They seemed to be the ones with the best output versus space requirements and, of course, cost. The single beam units in comparison cost a lot more for some reason.

Have got the projector units from the Retrofit Source in the USA.

I've removed the glass off the headlights and put them aside for defluting, though I may purchase some replacement glass as they are a bit stonechipped (as any headlight 15 years old would be).

Now I've got the reflectors out of the headlight unit and, after a bit of trial and error, have cut the back off so the projector unit can fit in.

I started cutting around a line which is already on the back of the reflector unit (will get a pic of it later), then tried the projector in, then enlarged the hole by another 15mm, now the unit sits nicely against the reflector

I have mocked up the unit all together with the glass on and it fits ok, some fabrication at the rear of the headlight unit may be needed, just have to wait until I get the bulbs (which are on their way) to see what space there is (or isn't).

More to come........