Join Today
    Not from Newcastle
    Further North than Foammanmark
    and proud of it!!
    Thanks

Unhappy Seatbelt relaese

Decided to wire by sub/amp up tonight. Tipped the rear seat forward to pull cables through and went and made the mistake of not securing the seatbelt before i tipped the seat forward.
    Ive managed to get the seat back up fully but seatbelt is stuck and wont release. Its mega tight against the bolster. Is there anyway of releasing these while theyre still attached?
    I found a thread saying about having to remove the whole mechanism to sort it. Is this the only way of doing it?
    Current Car: VW Golf GT TDI 170 DSG

Old Cars: Saffy V70R, S60 2.4T SE, 854 T5, V70 T5, S70R, Saab 95 2.3 AERO, Seat Leon Cupra, Vauxhaul Vectra 2.5 V6 GSI, Vauxhaul Combo van 1.4 D

"The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,912 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Simple fix mate. Unfortunately you will have to undo one bolt but that is it. This is a common problem on all the 850's and V70's.

If you follow the seatbelt down to where it connects to the car (you will need to lift the bottom part of the seat up) you will find a bolt, 14mm if I remember correctly and this secures the seatbelt. If you undo this and allow the seatbelt to retract back it will release and allow you to pull it back down and re-attach to the car.
    Arguing is pointless....she may not be right but she's never wrong

Tell her a remap is just having your satnav updated.....

Not from Newcastle
    Further North than Foammanmark
    and proud of it!!
    Thanks
    Cheers mate. Nice easy fix that one. Didnt fancy having to take all the belt to bits. Could imagine springs flying everywhere closely followed by a trip to volvo to buy a new one.
    Current Car: VW Golf GT TDI 170 DSG

Old Cars: Saffy V70R, S60 2.4T SE, 854 T5, V70 T5, S70R, Saab 95 2.3 AERO, Seat Leon Cupra, Vauxhaul Vectra 2.5 V6 GSI, Vauxhaul Combo van 1.4 D

"The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,912 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smithson007 View Post
    Cheers mate. Nice easy fix that one. Didnt fancy having to take all the belt to bits. Could imagine springs flying everywhere closely followed by a trip to volvo to buy a new one.
    No worries mate, its happened many a time to me.

I worked it out to be the small anti-jam plastic nut on the seatbelt keeps going into the mechanism and stopping it coming out due to the adverse angle... once unbolted the angle is ok and the belt pulls out.

I always plug the seatbelt in now before dropping the seats.
    Arguing is pointless....she may not be right but she's never wrong

Tell her a remap is just having your satnav updated.....

Thread Information