Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boost???

This user has no status
    redditch nr birmingham the town full of chav s
    Thanks
    when my leak was there on start up it would go to about 2-2500 rpm then drop from cold and when driving along the revs would be fine, but intraffic they would bounce from 900 to 1500 .It would never stall but was a right pain in the arse to drive. also the brakes went rock hard as if no servo was there, sorted the leaks and still to this day ( touch wood ) every thing is 100%...... :-)

Not from Newcastle
    Further North than Foammanmark
    and proud of it!!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndysR View Post
    Vac is definately too low at idle if the gauge your using is accurate. As already said I'd be looking for between 15/18 in.Hg's at idle. It certainly sounds like you've got a leak somewhere on the intake or vac system. I'd try bypassing and removing the dump valve first then go about replacing the rubber vac lines to and from the turbo and bcs. Also if it has a dump valve fitted has the standard recirc valve been removed and if so is the blanking plate fitted in it's place correctly and is it sealing? If the standard recirc valve is still fitted first off why, then has the rubber diaphram split inside allowing a leak.
    Yes the standard recirc valve has been removed and blanking plate fitted. I was given the old valve with the car.
    will take the blanking plate off and check its sealing ok. Is there some sort of seal it should have in it? If i blanked off the dump valve is it ok to try it even with the blanking plate on where the standard recirc valve was?

Quote Originally Posted by t5frankie View Post
    faults are supposed to be declared especially to fellow forum members
    I did know about the oil leak and the knock from the front end. These are believed to be turbo oil return pipe and drop links. He did knock money off for the drop links because he asked the garage to fix these and they said it was track rod end it needed so they did this and problem wasnt fixed when he got it back. Its just the power thing thats bugging me at the min. To be fair to HADI he doesnt seem like a fast driver so he's never really drove it like im going to. When a spoke to him about it he says its always been like that as long as he's had it.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchyboy01 View Post
    When mine had a vac leak it was ticking over at 1100 instead of 800 mate. Don't know if you have this symptom??
    Funny you say this because when i took it out lastnight it was idling at just over 1000rpm. It did this every time it went back to idle so its looking like it could be a leak on the vac side of things.
    Current Car: VW Golf GT TDI 170 DSG

Old Cars: Saffy V70R, S60 2.4T SE, 854 T5, V70 T5, S70R, Saab 95 2.3 AERO, Seat Leon Cupra, Vauxhaul Vectra 2.5 V6 GSI, Vauxhaul Combo van 1.4 D

Thread Information